Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

One comment in this article made me stop and think about this more... The shrine is not most respectful location for this protest. Especially if there are extreme Neo Nazis in the mix of protesters, a place that represents Australians that lost thier lives because of Nazis in my view is not sending the message that you want to protest about freedom of choice, it says you want to antagonise people. If they wanted to stay away from buildings due to earthquake risks there are plenty of other parks in Melbourne.

One comment in this article made me stop and think about this more... The shrine is not most respectful location for this protest. Especially if there are extreme Neo Nazis in the mix of protesters, a place that represents Australians that lost thier lives because of Nazis in my view is not sending the message that you want to protest about freedom of choice, it says you want to antagonise people. If they wanted to stay away from buildings due to earthquake risks there are plenty of other parks in Melbourne.

I asked myself why they chose the shrine. My best guess is because the soldiers fought for our freedoms.

I asked myself why they chose the shrine. My best guess is because the soldiers fought for our freedoms.
But chosing not to get vaccinated is an act for oneself.
Defending your country to allow everyone in that country to be free is an act for the whole country.
They cannot really be compared.

Choosing to be a soldier is choosing to serve the rich and powerful. Whilst choosing not to get vaxxed is exercising personal choice.

Respecting the people who defended our freedom when our country was at war is not the same as worshipping war.

But chosing not to get vaccinated is an act for oneself.
Defending your country to allow everyone in that country to be free is an act for the whole country.
They cannot really be compared.

I could say the same about your freedom of choice for vaccination vs freedom of choice for abortion argument. Cannot really be compared.

You are right though. Choosing to be/not be vaccinated is an act for oneself, so the government should not be mandating that anyone get the vaccine. That is a personal choice, not one for them to decide.

Back