Skip to main content

The thread of positivity

Guys: I need some positivity. The election results have pushed me over the edge into depression. I've joined a group for depression and I have a therapist, but I'm struggling to get up in the morning and get going. Been wearing sweatpants, no makeup and not going to the gym or eating healthy. Not feeling like doing stuff I enjoy.

Ideas of stuff I can do to be more positive, mostly little things would help me enormously.

are there any seasons of big brother australia you haven't watched?

Probably a lot of them. Which ones are fun, like Tims season?

Tim's season is unique because there has never been a player like him in Australia before. He influenced that year very heavily, no matter how many tears Tully cried.

Guys: I need some positivity. The election results have pushed me over the edge into depression. I've joined a group for depression and I have a therapist, but I'm struggling to get up in the morning and get going. Been wearing sweatpants, no makeup and not going to the gym or eating healthy. Not feeling like doing stuff I enjoy.

Ideas of stuff I can do to be more positive, mostly little things would help me enormously.

Dance @Rose711 , dance, dance, dance - cures all ills, and if you do it right, ie freely like nobody is watching, you can go into a zen mode.

Find whatever sends you into zen, dance and painting does it for me. And print that rainbow butterfly pussy in colour and stick it everywhere.

Could some family come with you to live in Oz for a bit?
Here is a forum of ex pat Americans here, if you want to dream...or need their advice")
http://yanksdownunder.net/index/

This clip should get you dancing...and feeling good...take Tom's advice

Take heart from our weird politics, we have nobody leading us, they are just going around in circles.
Aussie politics is like a game of musical chairs.

Thanks to the efforts of Union members past and Federal law that says we have to.. I am now on day 1 of Long Service Leave for the rest of the school term!!! - yay me!

Actually I have an extra 12 weeks that I *have* to use up (by directive from HR at the Education Dept. - and who am I to argue about it) by the end of 2017, so next year I will have all of term 4 off plus 2 weeks in term 3.

Doing some math, this means that between now and the end of 2017, coupled with the normal 2 week term breaks and the christmas holidays, I will have 28 weeks of holidays in total. In effect I will NOT work this coming year more than I do work and it will all be on full pay of course!!!

I'm feeling very positive about that...! :p :)

Dance @Rose711 , dance, dance, dance - cures all ills, and if you do it right, ie freely like nobody is watching, you can go into a zen mode.

Find whatever sends you into zen, dance and painting does it for me. And print that rainbow butterfly pussy in colour and stick it everywhere.

Could some family come with you to live in Oz for a bit?
Here is a forum of ex pat Americans here, if you want to dream...or need their advice")
http://yanksdownunder.net/index/

This clip should get you dancing...and feeling good...take Tom's advice

Take heart from our weird politics, we have nobody leading us, they are just going around in circles.
Aussie politics is like a game of musical chairs.

What does getting into zen mean?

Interesting forum.

ZEN =

n: a state of coolness only attained through a totally laid-back type of attitude.
adj.: used to describe someone/something that has reached an uber state of coolness and inner peace

Meditation between the mind and body

your inner cool

The idea of being one with your mind, so that self-perfection, self-preservation, and self-renouncement are freely available. One who studies the power of "zen" is one who challenges him- or herself to attaining complete physical confidence through mental stability. The power of zen is often manifested in the physical world as telepathy or entropy, and more so in the spiritual world as post-death abominations.

Nothing phases one who is zen.

One way to think of zen is this: a total state of focus that incorporates a total togetherness of body and mind. Zen is a way of being. It also is a state of mind. Zen involves dropping illusion and seeing things without distortion created by your own thoughts.

"becoming one” with what’s happening in the moment

See also - Zen Buddhism and Zen Yoga

@reepbot, maybe a better way of putting what happens when I dance or paint, is I kind of lose myself. go off in another euphoric world.

Not just me - whirling dervishes have used spinning to go into a trance for centuries.

HAPPINESS
Happiness.gif

Happiest place on earth right now

All 80 residents of the sleepy Spanish village of Cerezales del Condado have just become millionaires.

Billionaire founder of the Corona beer brewery makes EVERYONE in the Spanish village where he grew up a MILLIONAIRE in his will
  • Antonino Fernández left £2m to each resident of Cerezales del Condado
  • Fernández, who died in August, was born in the village in Spain in 1917
  • He emigrated to Mexico in 1949 and ended up as CEO of Grupo Modelo
  • The company is best known for its Corona beer, which made him millions
  • Bar owner: 'I don't know, what we would have done without Antonino'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lage-grew-MILLIONAIRE-will.html#ixzz4QzJcWYXs
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Please hit me up when you come to Australia! You sound like you are living your dreams with your study etc.. I admittedly am not in the US, but I just keep thinking to myself that Trump will have his team around him that will stop him from doing anything too stupid. He doesn't have free range - things to need to go through processes to be passed and that is not going to be easy. It's a democracy at the end of the day. I think he will be just a mouth piece who then gets corrected by his team. It will be ok - common sense will prevail. It always does

ZEN =

n: a state of coolness only attained through a totally laid-back type of attitude.
adj.: used to describe someone/something that has reached an uber state of coolness and inner peace

Meditation between the mind and body

your inner cool

The idea of being one with your mind, so that self-perfection, self-preservation, and self-renouncement are freely available. One who studies the power of "zen" is one who challenges him- or herself to attaining complete physical confidence through mental stability. The power of zen is often manifested in the physical world as telepathy or entropy, and more so in the spiritual world as post-death abominations.

Nothing phases one who is zen.

One way to think of zen is this: a total state of focus that incorporates a total togetherness of body and mind. Zen is a way of being. It also is a state of mind. Zen involves dropping illusion and seeing things without distortion created by your own thoughts.

"becoming one” with what’s happening in the moment

See also - Zen Buddhism and Zen Yoga

@reepbot, maybe a better way of putting what happens when I dance or paint, is I kind of lose myself. go off in another euphoric world.

Not just me - whirling dervishes have used spinning to go into a trance for centuries.

HAPPINESS
Happiness.gif

That makes sense.

Sometimes i lose myself when i'm writing.

Reactions: kxk
there is only darkness in the end

no light

nothing but darkness

we are nothing buy specks in the night sky

there is no hope

nothing

to live is to prolong suffering

dying is for the free

@reepbot - sacrilege, isn't this supposed to be a positive thread?

Do not speak so lightly of death.
Watch somebody die and tell me how living is bad?

only a small christmas this year as i had spent all my money earlier this year on Moosemas. The moosiest day of the whole year.

Back