Skip to main content

the random 'LIVE' thread...

Tighter show tonight. But I didn’t enjoy it quite as much as last week. The game in the cinema fell a bit flat. What was wrong with those folks? No response at all really.

Reactions: kxk
Not seen anything of tonight but is it a case that due to the lack of variety and similar shows on Aussie TV over the last 10-15 years that the audience just doesn't know how to respond to it.

It's never really gone away for long in the UK, and when it had it was never for long so audiences had some point of reference in how you're supposed to react to being set up to appear on national TV and how best to play along. With Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway you know that if you find yourself a victim of it you're almost certainly going to come out of it with at least a pretty decent holiday, so go along for the ride.

That could be @Brekkie We’ve actually never had anything quite like this Australia except for one s a son of Don’t forget your toothbrush 25 years ago.
I’m a fan of Michael McIntyre’s Big Show and Ant and Dec on YouTube, so I guess I’m more familiar than most Aussies with the format.
I do remember thinking while the “In your ear” session was on, and the hosts came in at the end, that the people would have no idea what they were talking about because they were filmed months ago before the show had even been promoted at all.

Love McIntyre

OMG watching this show about the horror of being female in Russia, UNBELIEVABLE

Stacey Dooley: Russia's War On Women
SBS VICELAND, 8:30pm, Tue, 5 Mar 2019, 60 minutes

The popular presenter is back in this investigative documentary exploring Russia's current attitudes to women and its apparent shift back to traditionalist values.
Stacey Dooley
2018, United Kingdom, English, Documentary, Society & Culture

That could be @Brekkie We’ve actually never had anything quite like this Australia except for one s a son of Don’t forget your toothbrush 25 years ago.
I’m a fan of Michael McIntyre’s Big Show and Ant and Dec on YouTube, so I guess I’m more familiar than most Aussies with the format.
I do remember thinking while the “In your ear” session was on, and the hosts came in at the end, that the people would have no idea what they were talking about because they were filmed months ago before the show had even been promoted at all.
That's the program I was likening it to, Don't Forget Your Toothbrush. Was that really 25 years ago! 😮
I'm not sure how long Sunday Night Takeaway will last, it's funny in parts, but not side splitting. I found my mind wandering onto other things when it was on last week. The only segment that draws me in is where they tell whoever what to say in their ear-pieces - but that's more cringe-worthy than hilarious.
Just remembered a bit I did find funny, the bit where that lady's house hold stuff appeared in The Bold and the Beautiful. I actually enjoyed that bit, but then I'm a sadd-o who watches The Bold, so I could relate to it.

Last edited:
That's the program I was likening it to, Don't Forget Your Toothbrush. Was that really 25 years ago! 😮
I'm not sure how long Sunday Night Takeaway will last, it's funny in parts, but not side splitting. I found my mind wandering onto other things when it was on last week. The only segment that draws me in is where they tell whoever what to say in their ear-pieces - but that's more cringe-worthy than hilarious.
Just remembered a bit I did find funny, the bit where that lady's house hold stuff appeared in The Bold and the Beautiful. I actually enjoyed that bit, but then I'm a sadd-o who watches The Bold, so I could relate to it.
I went back and watched some old “Tootbrush” episodes on YouTube. It was 1995. And there’s noting new, is there. They had a session where they had brought an audience member’s bedroom and reconstructed it on stage. Not the opportunities then for putting items in tv shows - all they did to her was give some of her clothes to other audience members and she had to find them. But still pretty close to Sunday night’s session.

Hey Mr S - sorry to see here you are in hospital - great to see you will never let life get you down though 🌷🌷
Just popped by to say hi after reading about our new bachelor 👍

as for Sunday Night Takeaway ... what a cringe fest. Haven’t managed to get through a whole show yet ... first week the Off button was activated within 15 minutes .. 2nd week I was lazy and the remote was over there >>>>
but still got motivated to get to it within about 20 minutes.

I have only seen the ads for Sunday Night Takeaway.

And that was it for me, I think they picked the wrong hosts.

Julia has the same stale jokes that she uses on I'm a Celeb.

They have the jerk Beau Ryan on the show, a festering boil is funnier.

Is anyone else seeing ads that look like posts, every 2 or 3 posts? Quite annoying. It says google has tailored them to what it thinks I'm interested in. Dear google, I'm interested in you stopping the annoying ads, kthanxbai.

I have only seen the ads for Sunday Night Takeaway.

And that was it for me, I think they picked the wrong hosts.

Julia has the same stale jokes that she uses on I'm a Celeb.

They have the jerk Beau Ryan on the show, a festering boil is funnier.

julia always seems to act like that aunt whose just had that little too much to drink.

Julia Morris in "disguise" is as hard to pick as....
CmOWm5WWgAAo4Wx.jpg

Egads, Gogglebox Yvie is on The Project, and predictably is useless, wearing specs to look smarter, she contributes nothing and has a bad habit of shaking her head.
What does she do for a living????

Yvie was so bad on the project.

She should do well on Studio 10, as they all have no idea.

Back