Skip to main content

the random 'LIVE' thread...

Watching - all of the documentaries about Queer Equality, and recalling fighting my parents when they didn't want my gay friends coming to parties......little did they realise a few of their kids are gay.
My parents began life in country towns, both conservative Catholics, they were ignorant and afraid....I actually had to explain to Mum what homosexual meant

They changed

Oscars, There is an African American actress presenting who is hilarious....going to hunt her name etc down
Now there is a gorgeous Brit speaking and signing at the same time, fab
So far Oscars is being unusually entertaining!

WOW
Margo and Nic both exquisite, goddesses

Ooo now Get Out writer first African American to win original screenplay

Need to see Shape of Water, looks superb

WOW
Margo and Nic both exquisite, goddesses

Ooo now Get Out writer first African American to win original screenplay

Need to see Shape of Water, looks superb

...I've seen it and I loved it... it's... let's say... different... but brilliant!... some may think that it's a tad bit slow but if you get absorbed into the story like I did then it isn't... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
Watching The Project
Featured a guy who wears womens stilettos with his male suits, looks great
Didn't catch his job

But OMG I wish dudes would just come out and wear what they like, skirts, blouses, heels whatever
It is high time males broke free from the suit armour

...I guess that now 'Celeb' is finished that I'll be frequenting this thread again until something else is on?... lol!... cheers.

...jeez!... I dunno... at the moment or have just screened or are soon to come onto our screens you have...

Channel 10...
'Blind Date'
'The Bachelor'
'The Bachelorette'
'Bachelor in Paradise'
'Dating Naked'

Channel 9...
'Date Night'
'Married a First Sight'
'Talking Married' (a full recap of MAFS)
'Love Island Australia'
'One Night With My Ex'
'The Bachelor (US version)
90 Day Fiance' (US show)
'Bridezilla's' (US show)
'Love Island' (UK version)

Channel 7...
'First Dates'
'Back with The Ex'

...not to forget past shows such as...

Channel 10...
'Don't tell the Bride' (2012)
'Yasmin's Getting Married' (2006)

Channel 9...
'Australia's Perfect Couple' (2009)
'The Farmer wants a Wife' (2007-2012... 2016)
'When Love Comes To Town (2014)

Channel 7...
'Australia's Cheapest Weddings' (2016)
'Beauty and the Geek Australia' (2009- 2014)
'Bride and Prejudice' (2017)
'Please Marry My Boy' (02-2013)
'Seven Year Switch' (2016-2017)

...there have been so many shows dedicated to people 'falling in love'... but do they ever actually REALLY achieve it?... I'd say as a guess perhaps about 1% of them may... (but that's being generous in my books)... what is our fascination with these shows?... surely they are all only on there for their '15 minutes of fame'?... why do Channels peddle this puerile drivel so much?... how many more different angles can the Channels twist the 'love' dross any further?... I don't get it... I seriously don't...

...as if some of these 'beautiful' women and 'handsome' men can't find true love on this whole Plant Earth without having to resort to going onto TV and telling the whole world that your a dud when it comes to finding love?... I am a die hard true romantic and value true love but just can't believe that you can achieve it by spilling your guts on National TV while attaining your '15 minutes of fame' as I said before... that's why I've decided that they are just taking the piss out of us... as if we'd actually believe that they could 'fall in love' in front of camera crews and Producers let alone knowing that thousands are watching them at the time... it's ridiculous to think that they could... love is a private a matter as far as I'm concerned but then again I may be just a pure cynic and just a silly old fool too lol!... well they're my thoughts anyway... lol!... cheers.

WATCHING

The Crystal Maze

'The Cheerleaders'

SBS VICELAND, 8:30pm, Wed, 14 Mar 2018, 60 minutes

NEW SHOW

Hosted by famed British comic Richard Ayoade, a team of five contestants, led by an eccentric Maze Master, journey through four fantastical time zones in this epic adventure game show.
Richard Ayoade
Series, 2017, United Kingdom, English, Entertainment, Game Show

Love anything with Richard usually, and apparently this was a cult show in a previous era.

DID WATCH
Whilst waiting for this, popped into to check MAFS, OMG very slow show, and they all look like they are lying and just filling in time
Actors aren't they?

And the 'experts', OMG, the dude has a hedge for hair, like a Japanese anime yugio character who has hit hard times, and the female in the middle is a recycled old counsellor from early BB days.
How they keep prattling on about an 'experiment', when it is just a kind of prostitution:)

This show and MKR are far more depraved than any BB ever was....

WATCHING

The Crystal Maze

'The Cheerleaders'

SBS VICELAND, 8:30pm, Wed, 14 Mar 2018, 60 minutes

NEW SHOW

Hosted by famed British comic Richard Ayoade, a team of five contestants, led by an eccentric Maze Master, journey through four fantastical time zones in this epic adventure game show.
Richard Ayoade
Series, 2017, United Kingdom, English, Entertainment, Game Show

Love anything with Richard usually, and apparently this was a cult show in a previous era.

DID WATCH
Whilst waiting for this, popped into to check MAFS, OMG very slow show, and they all look like they are lying and just filling in time
Actors aren't they?

And the 'experts', OMG, the dude has a hedge for hair, like a Japanese anime yugio character who has hit hard times, and the female in the middle is a recycled old counsellor from early BB days.
How they keep prattling on about an 'experiment', when it is just a kind of prostitution:)

This show and MKR are far more depraved than any BB ever was....

Fun show
Weird kind of obstacle courses, rooms, they have to solve. Kind of like kids shows

..I went onto the SBS website to catch up on The Crystal Maze as I had forgotten to tape it and what a silly little fun show that was to watch lol!... all of those nerdniks being put to the test in a real world and not on a computer lol!... and... what elaborate sets they had!... that made it for me alongside Richards brilliant hosting and quips... thanks for reminding me of it kxk or I would've missed that little gem of a show... I'll add it to my weekly recording agenda now... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
I crashed in bed after a long trip last night, and succumbed to MAFS......trash in bed good times, and all the adds meant I haven't had to watch a single episode but am still familiar with all that has gone on, it is sooooooooo shoved in the face in media and any time you happen to be tuned to 9....so bring it on finale stuff
Hmm, has to be actors, bad ones but...none of these people strike me as at all real? Where is the real part? Davina???
Far out she is RTV gold, an Aussie the calibre of Omarosa in the narcissist category finally, without the brains though, or the looks really.
Her beefy cheeks are WTF, her 'tude' is pitched perfectly, she is hilariously taking the micky stirring up as much shit as possible and stealing the loved limelight.

I crashed in bed after a long trip last night, and succumbed to MAFS......trash in bed good times, and all the adds meant I haven't had to watch a single episode but am still familiar with all that has gone on, it is sooooooooo shoved in the face in media and any time you happen to be tuned to 9....so bring it on finale stuff
Hmm, has to be actors, bad ones but...none of these people strike me as at all real? Where is the real part? Davina???
Far out she is RTV gold, an Aussie the calibre of Omarosa in the narcissist category finally, without the brains though, or the looks really.
Her beefy cheeks are WTF, her 'tude' is pitched perfectly, she is hilariously taking the micky stirring up as much shit as possible and stealing the loved limelight.

I absolutely loved this series. I don't care if it's scripted or not, it was the best drama I've seen in awhile.
It was clever the way they sucked is in to siding with Tracey, only for the reveal that she's been sexting Dean since their breakup.
On the emotional side, I did become invested in John & Melissa, and Sarah & Telv, so I'm glad there's a possibility they will work out.
I also liked Charlene & Pat, but I agree with his mother that there's something wrong there, as confirmed by him going underground as soon as filming stopped.
Davina seemed the most like a hired actor - can anyone really be so oblivious to other people's feelings, and so gleefully stir them up with not a care in the world about what they think of her?

...haha!... when our trashy 'Reality' shows aren't on there's not much to chat 'Live' about is there?... lol!... cheers.

TONIGHT, GAMES OPENING, should be spectacular!

Commonwealth Games: Gold Coast 2018

'Opening Ceremony'

Seven, 7:00pm, Wed, 4 Apr 2018, 210 minutes

Coming to you live from the Carrara Stadium is the Opening Ceremony of the XXI Commonwealth Games. This will feature the Parade of Nations, the Competitors' Oath, and the arrival of the Queen's Baton.

4500.jpg

TIP FOR LOCALS
Watch for the post Games sell off of all the Games stuff.....when it was in Melbourne we got mega bargains

They flog everything dirt cheap, I got and still use 6 beautiful dining chairs for about 40 bucks.
They have brand new or hardly used furniture, kettles, toasters, general kitchen stuff
Outdoor stuff, rugs and if you need to kit out any family members, like adult kids new apartment or whatever it is perfect.

OK...Is anyone else watching the Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony tonight
TONIGHT, GAMES OPENING, should be spectacular!

Commonwealth Games: Gold Coast 2018

'Opening Ceremony'

Seven, 7:00pm, Wed, 4 Apr 2018, 210 minutes

Coming to you live from the Carrara Stadium is the Opening Ceremony of the XXI Commonwealth Games. This will feature the Parade of Nations, the Competitors' Oath, and the arrival of the Queen's Baton.

4500.jpg

TIP FOR LOCALS
Watch for the post Games sell off of all the Games stuff.....when it was in Melbourne we got mega bargains

They flog everything dirt cheap, I got and still use 6 beautiful dining chairs for about 40 bucks.
They have brand new or hardly used furniture, kettles, toasters, general kitchen stuff
Outdoor stuff, rugs and if you need to kit out any family members, like adult kids new apartment or whatever it is perfect.

Jut saw you there KxK...I'm ready :)

I am and my fingers will do the talking :)

OK...Is anyone else watching the Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony tonight

Jut saw you there KxK...I'm ready :)

I am and my fingers will do the talking :)

...yes Medusa... count me in... kxk just let me know about this on The Bach thread... I'll be here for the opening ceremony and some Sam Pang at least so far lol!... cheers.

Back