Skip to main content

the random 'LIVE' thread...

Skating boys on now, I forgot about skating, blimey we actually have a talented pretty couple!
Lovely to watch, how they do that is beyond me, went skating maybe twice as a teen, sucked big time.
But, I love roller blading....maybe now I can do that I might manage ice a bit better? Not for me, cold, and wet slippery stuff.
But I love the snow, and have loads of cousins in the mountains of Vic, going there for a visit soon

...as you most likely know... I'm not exactly a 'Sports' watcher as I said the other night... I went around to my sister's place and her and her
future husband were watching the Ice Olympics and the solo female figure skaters were doing their thing and a black French girl was doing her routine and stuffed it up a couple of times and then actually fell to the ice at one stage...

...well... (I'm probably a nasty little shit or something)... I laughed... yup!... laughed my head off!... my sister gave me daggers and said "don't be so mean!"... and I laughed a bit more... (yes yes... I know... I'm a bastard right?)... hence the reason that I don't watch too many Sports... I'm not exactly a sympathetic viewer methinks!... lol!...

...but... I do have to admit to you that I was quite amazed at their precise routines and flexibility to be honest ... well done them!... and I saw a highlight of some Snowboarders in action too...wow!... I can handle short snippets and highlights like that but just can't be arsed to watch them getting into position... waiting for the bell or whatever and waiting and waiting and... JUST GO ALREADY!... that's why I envy all of you that can watch all those bits... you must have a great mindset for it lol!... cheers.

@Mr Stickyfingers, the bits in between are often the best bits, scenery, lifestyle tidbits, and fun people highlighted etc....
Just discovered this Aussie cutie, who sings LOUDLY, probably helps her nerves

Aussie teen through to finals

18-year-old Emily Arthur, snowboarding in front of the biggest crowd in her life, had Australian fans cheering their lungs out as she took on the PyeongCheng halfpipe in her first run.

The young gun, tipped as Australia’s next gen Torah Bright, looked solid on her run down through the pipe but stacked it on her final landing.

The debutant trudged off following the bungle, raising her hands to her face in disbelief.

The judges scored her first run with a 30.25.

Arthur fought back in her second run with a much better performance and eventually found herself in the box seat for the final, which is at 12:00 pm tomorrow (AEDT).

She is gorgeous,
Watch her here http://www.news.com.au/sport/winter...r/news-story/aa82574bd46afc0aadd605cffeaec172
Brandon Wong@BrandonWong048

Watching @Emily__Arthur compete in the halfpipe is so much fun. Smiling and singing between solid runs. She's exactly what the Olympics should be: as friendly as it is competitive. Wishing Emily the best of luck from Canada!

...I just 'Googled' that Australia got 2 Silver and 1 bronze Medal in the Olympics... is that good or bad for us?... cheers.

...holy moley Batman!... I never expected that kid to be able to play that guitar like that!... wow!... and... I like those 'Tron' outfits... cheers.

Back