Skip to main content

the random 'LIVE' thread...

So 7 advertised Dance Boss as the semi-final tonight, but ran the final straight afterwards.
I only watched up til that point as more in one night would be sheer torture, but I'm a sucker and I'll watch it tomorrow (so no spoilers please (lol, as if anyone watched it).
IMO this shows Seven's complete lack of confidence and even e,embarrassment at this show, wanting it dead and buried as soon as possible.

I watched one show......oh dear, none of them could dance, it was painful
I might watch the final
I found it sad it was so bad, because I love anything to do with dance and was looking forward to this idea

Time travel is maybe, kinda, possible......

Catalyst
'How To Build A Time Machine'
ABC, 8:30pm, Tue, 28 Aug 2018, 60 minutes
ON NOW

Catalyst examines the science of time travel. What do we need to be able to do or understand to construct a functioning time machine. Dr Graham Phillips showcases the scientists working on the cutting edge of discovery.

Series, Australia, English, Education, Science & Tech

REPEATS SATURDAY & SUNDAY if you need it

Time travel is maybe, kinda, possible......

Catalyst
'How To Build A Time Machine'
ABC, 8:30pm, Tue, 28 Aug 2018, 60 minutes
ON NOW

Catalyst examines the science of time travel. What do we need to be able to do or understand to construct a functioning time machine. Dr Graham Phillips showcases the scientists working on the cutting edge of discovery.

Series, Australia, English, Education, Science & Tech

REPEATS SATURDAY & SUNDAY if you need it

I went to see Ted Chiang who wrote the story Arrival was based on talk about time travel tonight as part of the MWF. I think I should have stayed home and watched this.

Watching this on NOW......about our Jewish Melbourne heartland suburb Ripponlea is just a couple of burbs away from me
And, the surrounding burbs are dominated by Jewish shops too, and the best middle eastern food ever, the food around here is amazing
And the ancient culture is fantastic people watching:)
Funny I used to work in St Kilda close by too, in a free service run by lapsed Catholics and lapsed Jews.......together in harmony with lots of love and fun

Untold Australia
'Strictly Jewish'
SBS VICELAND HD, 8:30pm, Fri, 31 Aug 2018, 60 minutes
REPEAT

For the first time in Australia's television history, cameras have been allowed inside the ultra-Orthodox Adass Israel Jewish community in Melbourne. Following three of the members of this reclusive sect, the documentary offers a unique insight into how this hidden subculture exists alongside Melbourne's trendy latte society, as they attempt to maintain their age-old rituals in the face of contemporary frivolities. The 2000-plus members of this virtually self-sufficient society have their own shops, schools, butcher, baker, synagogue, cemetery, and even have their own ambulance service! Filmed over the Jewish calendar year 5775*, this is a fascinating exploration into how the conservative Adass Israel community strives to maintain their ancient faith in a modern world.

Series, 2016, Australia, English, Documentary, Real Life, Society & Culture

This show is fascinating, answers a lot of questions I had
I have been to Jewish funerals and feasts and friday nights, and I know a little about Jewish culture
Surprised at funerals how they still segregate men & women at synagogue

Take Me Out... needs to be taken out the back and binned.

...Meglos... I seriously believe that any 'Reality' show that involves anything to do with 'love' that is being thrown our way by the likes of Channels 9 and 7 are just being thrown together really fast to put out a show to cash in on shows like the Bachelor or Bachelorette franchises just for a desperate chance to cash in on their coat tails... it doesn't matter how shit they are they don't care... just as long that a show... ANY show is out there... I've only seen the Ads for that show and they were more than enough to convince me just on how shit it was...

...lets face it... it doesn't matter what show is out there with anything to do with 'love' we all know that no matter what show it is that NOBODY ever actually falls 'in love'... after the show finishes and they do their 3 month Media runaround of being a 'loving couple' they split up and go their separate ways... they've eked out their extra '15 minutes of fame'... that's what it is all about... nothing else... so why have these stupid fake-arsed shows on in the first place?... we all know that it's bullshit...

...'dating shows' have had their run back in the 70's and 80's... they are 'old hat' now... they are stupid fake shit with no ounce of belief anymore... that's why I can't watch shows like the Bachelor or Bachelorette anymore... they just lack any sort of 'romance' or 'love' whatsoever... the whole show concepts are so 'dated' now (pardon the pun)... it just suspends all belief that two people can 'fall in love' within a matter of a few weeks whilst being totally surrounded by endless amounts of cameras and camera crews... it just couldn't happen in my minds eye... it's ridiculous to think otherwise... my brain kept screaming out "Warning! Warning Will Robinson!... Danger! Danger!... these shows are damaging your intelligence levels!... Stop Watching Them!... Warning! Warning!"... so I stopped watching them... as the Channels should stop making them... anyhow... rant over!... lol!... cheers.

Yeah bang on Mr S. Watched a little bit of it out of idle curiosity. Just seemed like everyone on it was an actor on some sort of stimulant. The whole thing is so shallow, rapid and manufactured it makes the stakes negligible. Two people get sent off for a root on the Gold Coast, next week we find out how it went, as if we could possibly care.

Yeah bang on Mr S. Watched a little bit of it out of idle curiosity. Just seemed like everyone on it was an actor on some sort of stimulant. The whole thing is so shallow, rapid and manufactured it makes the stakes negligible. Two people get sent off for a root on the Gold Coast, next week we find out how it went, as if we could possibly care.

Plus Joel Creasey makes unfunny inuendos and doesn't even bother to pretend to care.

Watching this repeat........has the story of my Chinese great grand dad, 2nd story, and my cousins feature

Interesting even without my family connection

The Great Australian Race Riot
'Race Riot'
SBS VICELAND HD, 7:30pm, Fri, 7 Sep 2018, 60 minutes
ON NOW REPEAT
Bestselling author, columnist, and raconteur Peter FitzSimons takes an explosive journey across Australia, reliving the country's forgotten race riots in a new three-part documentary series, The Great Australian Race Riot. In his inimitable style, FitzSimons exposes heroes and villains on a journey that spans more than 170 years, and the breadth of the country. Along the way, he demonstrates how mobs of every ethnicity have transformed our nation. FitzSimons sets out from the sands of Cronulla beach to quickly reveal that this riot was no aberration. He visits original riot locations retracing both the social context and the path each mob takes.

Watching this on SBS, it is awesome and weird.....and only 30min episodes, double tonight, I find it easier to cope with subtitles in 30 mins

Wakes up from coma,after 8 years, the law is everyone has to be naked in public

Nude (Aka: Nu)
'Series 1, Episode 1'
SBS VICELAND, 9:35pm, Fri, 7 Sep 2018, 25 minutes
NEW SHOW
Franck Fish wakes to find himself in a hospital bed, completely disoriented. Coming out of a coma eight years after being shot at during an intervention, Franck is stunned to be in 2026.
Satya Dusaugey, Eleonore Arnaud, Sebastian Barrio
Series, 2018, France, French, English Subtitles, Drama, Comed

Watching this on SBS, it is awesome and weird.....and only 30min episodes, double tonight, I find it easier to cope with subtitles in 30 mins

Wakes up from coma,after 8 years, the law is everyone has to be naked in public

Nude (Aka: Nu)
'Series 1, Episode 1'
SBS VICELAND, 9:35pm, Fri, 7 Sep 2018, 25 minutes
NEW SHOW
Franck Fish wakes to find himself in a hospital bed, completely disoriented. Coming out of a coma eight years after being shot at during an intervention, Franck is stunned to be in 2026.
Satya Dusaugey, Eleonore Arnaud, Sebastian Barrio
Series, 2018, France, French, English Subtitles, Drama, Comed

God bless SBS. 😁

Back