Skip to main content

The Plebiscite for Marriage Equality

I saw him on TV just a moment ago. He said that he looks forward to attending the wedding of his sister Christine early in the New Year.
I hope he is sincere in that and that he will not make his sisters day less than perfect with judgmental comments.

they reckon it should be passed in the next couple of days unless it gets set back to the senate with amendments.

5a249e41190000611103447c.png

Australian Politician Proposes To Partner During Same-Sex Marriage Debate
By Doha Madani
"This debate has been the soundtrack to our relationship.”
Liberal member of Parliament [URL='https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/live/2017/dec/04/coalition-polls-citizenship-marriage-politics-live']Tim Wilson proposed to his partner
, Ryan Bolger, shortly after the country’s same-sex marriage bill was introduced to the House of Representatives on Monday. Wilson gave an emotional speech on the floor, praising Bolger for his love and patience.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/australian-proposes-parliament_us_5a249d77e4b0a02abe9206b3?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009
[/URL]

they reckon it should be passed in the next couple of days unless it gets set back to the senate with amendments.
Will be interesting to see if any of the amendments get up. I hope that enough Coalition MPs do the right thing and vote them down. It won't take many of them!

Magda's right. His speech was full of hypocritical, self-congratulatory claptrap. I wanted to throw something at him but I'd have broken my TV.

Oh I know. Turnbull is acting like he has done everyone such a big favour and is choosing to ignore all the hate and damage to the LGBT people caused by his "wonderful" survey. :wtf: It's a friggin' joke!

Do they make these speeches to justify themselves to their voters? Can't see the need or the waste, just pass the bloody thing and stop grandstanding.

As a letter in the SMH today noted:

Watching dozens of politicians pontificate grandly in parliament about their personal views and how they knew all along it was the right decision is spectacularly galling.

100%. Get on with it. Even worse, if they hadn't cancelled parliament last week it would be law by now.

As a letter in the SMH today noted:

Watching dozens of politicians pontificate grandly in parliament about their personal views and how they knew all along it was the right decision is spectacularly galling.

100%. Get on with it. Even worse, if they hadn't cancelled parliament last week it would be law by now.
Surely this will happen today,but still the far right are pleading religious freedom etc etc. It’s over you nasty non Christians, move on. Guaranteed no self respecting gay wants to have anything to do with you.

Back