Skip to main content

The Plebiscite for Marriage Equality

I was watching a buzzfeed thing filmimg at a rally in Sydney. That was emotional and beautiful to watch. Now lets just hope the dickheads in parliment get the very loud and clear message Australia has sent.

I wonder how many post boxes there are in remote communities?
Yes I'd say that is probably the biggest issue in NT.

Here's my graph showing what an incredible waste of time this survey was:

Bywt3x5.jpg

I was watching a buzzfeed thing filmimg at a rally in Sydney. That was enotional and beautiful to watch. Now lets just hope the dickheads in parliment get the very loud and clear message Australia has sent.
Yep cmon pollies do your expletive deleted job.

I'll switch over to the other channels for the delayed reaction, I want to see how Magda reacts, she has been such a brilliant advocate. And how it will affect everyday people of course.

So moved by this result. About bloody time and all that, good old Australia, but what a wonderful turnout and categorical victory for human decency and goodwill.

YES!! Glad that YES won despite a grubby, dirty campaign from the No side.

The best thing about the votes is that in Tony Abbott's electorate of Warringah, 75% of people voted YES! Clearly Tony is out of touch and the next thing they should do is vote him out next election.

article-5079049-465C0D5E00000578-328_964x453.jpg

465C6CAE00000578-5083455-image-a-34_1510707255475.jpg

465C6C5000000578-5083455-image-m-33_1510707244245.jpg

LOVE IS IN THE AIR:):):)

465C611E00000578-5083455-image-a-30_1510706561555.jpg

6673418f0da7d5d2ab6bd3aa6202b05c

Cudos to Magda & Penny, both have been so graceful and brave facing awful rubbish
And cudos to joy fm, in Melbourne, they have been relentless in their efforts - every weekend they rallied at the state library, organised flash mobs, did everything they could to peacefully keep this issue alive.

Aren't we all relieved to know we do live in a civilised place, and we can even thank this stupid process for diagnosing the areas I already avoid.

I dearly wanted an 80%, but this is good, just glad for once that I am not in a minority

And proud of my electorate, and the area has a lot of old people and nursing homes, so it is extra nice:)

9. GOLDSTEIN, VIC - 76% YES

Interesting stuff coming out of these stats...from what I can see

WA = YES won in EVERY electorate, NO won nothing
TASSIE = what a difference a decade makes, 2 actually - used to be intolerable, they had to take the State to the UN, one of the last places in Oz where it was still illegal to be gay, Bob Browne is gay and had to basically say he was celibate to get elected.
Now Tassie seems to have changed more than anywhere.
I lived in both places, not sure everyone knows how gay friendly Perth can be, and how hostile tassie was

Back