Skip to main content

The On Screen Tweets

Tonight I saw one that read "OMG, I love Tully!" That really enhanced my viewing experience.

There were at least two tweets showing excitement for Surly. I wasn't digging Surly, but then these Twitter people convinced me an image of a talking fish down a drain was brilliant.

I've already had 2 of my tweets with in 5 mins of posting appear up on screen this year already.. I got one up out on launch night a few days ago
And had my friends on fb telling me that they saw it.

I saw that. Congrats.

I just don't get TV's obsession with Twitter. Surely encouraging people to view a second screen while watching TV is actually encouraging them to watch the show more passively than actively.

What really annoys me with these is how they appear instantly before the scene has even played out - even if they are genuine tweets reacting to news leaked on the website (although I see no mention of the Parlour on the website even though tweets appeared saying how great it was the moment the door opened!)

Last edited:
I remember last year we caught them out faking a few of the tweets. If memory serves me correctly, someone threw a water balloon at someone (or something like that) and within a second there was a tweet that mentioned it, which is actually impossible. And the account that tweeted it only had that one tweet, or very few tweets, which more or less proved it was set up by someone in production.

But yeah, I find the tweets really distracting, and they don't really add any value to the show whatsoever.

I just don't get TV's obsession with Twitter. Surely encouraging people to view a second screen while watching TV is actually encouraging them to watch the show more passively than actively.

To improve their status on social media. It's like saying why would people post on this forum while watching the show?

I truly am one of the most unobservant people around.

I watch the show and seriously don't even notice them!

What really annoys me with these is how they appear instantly before the scene has even played out - even if they are genuine tweets reacting to news leaked on the website (although I see no mention of the Parlour on the website even though tweets appeared saying how great it was the moment the door opened!)

That totally annoyed me last night too.

Either these people are the world's fastest tweeters (psychic, too, perhaps) or they're fake.

That totally annoyed me last night too.

Either these people are the world's fastest tweeters (psychic, too, perhaps) or they're fake.

Not only are these the fastest tweeters the person selecting which ones to display is the world's fastest editor.

My tweet was shown yesterday and 4 times last season and I think it makes the show more interactive, nothing wrong with it in my eyes. Doesn't change the program for me.

that one about " my mum said if my tweet made it " and then BB replies a few seconds later..almost made me throw up in my mouth!

And i see what people mean about the tweets regarding that parlour room..the two tweets they showed were up within a minute. How long would it take to write the tweet, send the tweet, their social media producer approves the tweets, cuts and pastes it on to their screen for broadcast at the right spot? Surely the whole process is a bit longer than that! Think you have them on that!

Anyone wanna tweet " Put my tweet up and prove these tweets arent fake?"

edit..just checked again..
19 seconds from when BB announced the room until the tweet was on screen. There didnt appear to be any edited out time inbetween announcement and tweet appearance.

Just realised..wasnt thinking straight...
the viewer tweets on what they see in front of them..it wouldnt have mattered if it was an hour between BB telling them about the room and the onscreen tweet.

So the person who got his tweet on literally had 19 seconds to pick up his device, think of a tweet, write the tweet, send the tweet,,,and then all the rest...
It is impossible..no way it could be done..i dont think it could be done even if the tweeter had direct to air access.
The second tweet was 5 seconds after that one

Last edited:
that one about " my mum said if my tweet made it " and then BB replies a few seconds later..almost made me throw up in my mouth!

After that, there were tons of people tweeting the same thing using the hashtag #BBAU. It improves BB's popularity on the social platform.

As for the tweets, I've had mine up like literally 10 seconds after tweeting it.

After that, there were tons of people tweeting the same thing using the hashtag #BBAU. It improves BB's popularity on the social platform.

As for the tweets, I've had mine up like literally 10 seconds after tweeting it.

that would be very improbable.
Can you imagine the volume of tweets they get? They would have to read it, approve it, send it out. in 10 seconds? that just isnt right.

I am determined to get a tweet on screen. Have sent through the suckiest of swwet tweets about Tully. all fluffy and nice.
bah
will try every day :)

It is possible that they sent the tweet after they saw the parlour room in the opening credits. I think I remember a clip of BB saying "welcome to the parlour room" and the housemates were all running into the room. From memory it was something like that?

Forget all that shit that commercial tv put out. The real voice of the people is here at BEhind BB.

Most of the tweets are fake, most are from the BB crew.

by showing tweets and fb messages on screen during BB,
then more people are going to tweet and fb about BB,
the more people fb and tweet about BB,
the more other people hear about BB,
the more that other people hear about BB,
the more likely they are to watch BB.

got it?

Back