Skip to main content

The On Screen Tweets

The10thDoctor

Do you guys despise these thing?
They are terrible.

Anyone know if they are faked? Surely noone actually talks the way these people do.

They're real, my tweets have gone up twice on TV last year.

Considering the show gets thousands of tweets every day, it's not all that surprising on what people tweet. It's more of which tweets the producers decide to air on TV, as that could kind of sway some people's opinion in that moment. Like they could show a bad tweet about, let's say Mikkayla, or show a good tweet about Tim to make people like him.

They are terrible.

Anyone know if they are faked? Surely noone actually talks the way these people do.

I really don't think anyone who rapes the written English language on a daily basis in here like you do, is in any position to judge the way tweeters choose to communicate.

I really don't think anyone who rapes the written English language on a daily basis in here like you do, is in any position to judge the way tweeters choose to communicate.

Ignoring your irrelevant bits... Do you think the tweets shown on screen are genuine?
They all seem way too nice and fluffy

They're real, my tweets have gone up twice on TV last year.

Considering the show gets thousands of tweets every day, it's not all that surprising on what people tweet. It's more of which tweets the producers decide to air on TV, as that could kind of sway some people's opinion in that moment. Like they could show a bad tweet about, let's say Mikkayla, or show a good tweet about Tim to make people like him.

Why do they only put up the nice and safe things? I see things like " he is so adorable, if she doesnt want him, i will have him"..
seriously...who in the world actually says things like that?

Ignoring your irrelevant bits... Do you think the tweets shown on screen are genuine?
They all seem way too nice and fluffy

Well I am choosing to ignore your irrelevant bits x infinity!!!!!!!

Of course they are.

Of the 1000's of tweets they receive, they're not going to choose the negative ones to share, are they?

Well I am choosing to ignore your irrelevant bits x infinity!!!!!!!

Of course they are.

Of the 1000's of tweets they receive, they're not going to choose the negative ones to share, are they?
Well i wouldn't expect them to show tweets saying that the show sucks... but it would be nice to see what people really think of some of the contestants. If someone think that the yellow bikini girl is a vapid airhead, then i'd like to see tweets like that. But all I am seeing is nice things.

Why do they only put up the nice and safe things? I see things like " he is so adorable, if she doesnt want him, i will have him"..
seriously...who in the world actually says things like that?

No, I'm saying that the producers will put up tweets that they want to, which could change people's opinion while reading the show.

It's like for example, if the show favors a particular housemate on the show, they will only ever show NICE and GOOD tweets about them, regardless of on what the public really think of them. And vice versa.

As I said in the show thread it was clear from the tweets that producers were trying to send the message "Yes, we know Tim is annoying - but he's entertaining so keep him in please!"

I've heard there is a thing called Twitter where you can read tweets? I wish they would stay there and get off my TV screen. Very distracting.

They are terrible.

I've already had 2 of my tweets with in 5 mins of posting appear up on screen this year already.. I got one up out on launch night a few days ago
And had my friends on fb telling me that they saw it.

I filter them out, don't read them at all. They are as commanding as the faint buzz of a fly dying on a dusty windowsill in an empty house.

The tweets from random people I think are stupid, however if they used it only for tweets from evicted HM's (when there are some) to provide a little bit more in-sight into daily life in the house, it would actually serve a purpose.

Last year I made a point to read the occasional tweets from evicted HM's whenever they flashed up on-screen.

Tonight I saw one that read "OMG, I love Tully!" That really enhanced my viewing experience.

Back