Skip to main content

The New One - The OF Topic Friendly Chat Thead

Expecto patronum is a defensive spell used by a witch or wizard to protect them from the Dementors (the bad guys). The Patronus takes the shape of an animal. Expelliarmus is a disarming charm used to remove a wand from the hand of a witch or a wizard. Avada kevadra is the killing curse. If you get hit by one of those, you're gone. Sorry for the crash course in Potter words but comprehension is easier when you know the words.
Thanks for that. I've read or seen any of the Harry Potters.

Expecto patronum is a defensive spell used by a witch or wizard to protect them from the Dementors (the bad guys). The Patronus takes the shape of an animal. Expelliarmus is a disarming charm used to remove a wand from the hand of a witch or a wizard. Avada kevadra is the killing curse. If you get hit by one of those, you're gone. Sorry for the crash course in Potter words but comprehension is easier when you know the words.
Were you a valedictorian at Hogwarts @Fiona ?🙂

Thanks for that. I've read or seen any of the Harry Potters.
That was meant to be never read of seen. I must admit, I'm not keen on this limited edit option. Can make you look pretty stupid if you've made typos you don't see until it's too late!

That was meant to be never read of seen. I must admit, I'm not keen on this limited edit option. Can make you look pretty stupid if you've made typos you don't see until it's too late!
I agree, especially if you pride yourself on spelling, grammar and the like.

I did get that and no, I didn't think you were stupid.

I did get that and no, I didn't think you were stupid.
Thank you. That's good to know!
Sometimes I post from my phone once I've gone up to bed, and that's when all the errors occur!
I still don't like the edit function disappearing as I sometimes have a change of mind by morning. depending on how many wines I might have had 😶😊🙃

Germany. Dog is fine. Little monster. Not so sure about fish. Ice is mainly thawed now but it still freezes a bit overnight. But I think not enough to get stuck in any more. Happily.
Would have given you all a bit of a fright!
My cat used to go fishing in our nextdoor neighbours fishpond when I was a kid growing up in England. My mum would find a "present" on the kitchen floor when she went downstairs in the morning (we had a catflap). Shame, as they were gifts, and weren't killed to be eaten.

Just thought I'd say I'm going to be watching EastEnders before MAFS tonight. I have now 11 episodes in waiting as I've had so many MAFS and I'm a Celebrity to watch.
It's going to be a good catch up.
Roll on MAFS time!

Thank you. That's good to know!
Sometimes I post from my phone once I've gone up to bed, and that's when all the errors occur!
I still don't like the edit function disappearing as I sometimes have a change of mind by morning. depending on how many wines I might have had 😶😊🙃
Er, yes, re the crossed out bit, :) I agree that it should stay. It's not user friendly at all.

Would have given you all a bit of a fright!
My cat used to go fishing in our nextdoor neighbours fishpond when I was a kid growing up in England. My mum would find a "present" on the kitchen floor when she went downstairs in the morning (we had a catflap). Shame, as they were gifts, and weren't killed to be eaten.
Fish I can deal with, birds and rodents definitely not. Had a cockroach on my desk at work last week. I picked it up and was playing with it before I put it out in the corridor and it disappeared. They don't bother me at all.

I'm lucky with my cats, they have never fished anything out of the pond or the aquarium. Birds and mice they will catch, but they don't register fish, turtles or frogs as prey (nor bugs or spiders).

Fish I can deal with, birds and rodents definitely not. Had a cockroach on my desk at work last week. I picked it up and was playing with it before I put it out in the corridor and it disappeared. They don't bother me at all.
Ewww! 😂
I can deal with Cockroaches, it's spiders that bother me!

I'm lucky with my cats, they have never fished anything out of the pond or the aquarium. Birds and mice they will catch, but they don't register fish, turtles or frogs as prey (nor bugs or spiders).
My cat used to drink out of our fishtank. At first I was very aprihensive knowing what my childhood cat would do, but he used to lick up the water with his eyes closed and never once made an attempt at going for the fish.
He once actually opened his eyes and looked shocked, like as if to say, what on earth is that floating in my water! 😅
He was a wonderful cat, and we miss him heaps. He was 21 when he died 😪

My cat used to drink out of our fishtank. At first I was very aprihensive knowing what my childhood cat would do, but he used to lick up the water with his eyes closed and never once made an attempt at going for the fish.
He once actually opened his eyes and looked shocked, like as if to say, what on earth is that floating in my water! 😅
He was a wonderful cat, and we miss him heaps. He was 21 when he died 😪

One of my cats will drink out of the pond if thirsty, and pulls away if a fish brushes his whiskers.
Cats are so beautiful, if you raise them right they give back a lifetime of affection. It annoys me when people say cats are selfish or only care about food, they just haven't met the right cat.

One of my cats will drink out of the pond if thirsty, and pulls away if a fish brushes his whiskers.
Cats are so beautiful, if you raise them right they give back a lifetime of affection. It annoys me when people say cats are selfish or only care about food, they just haven't met the right cat.
100 per cent. Our cat chose us. He was about 6 months old when he wandered in. He was such a beautiful loving wee man, although, he did know how to get his own way if we weren't listening. He's been irreplaceable. I love cats, and luckily for a good few years had a neighbour whose cats stayed in my garden and chatted to me all the time, but she moved and they went with her. I now have no access to any. 🙁

Back