The New One - The OF Topic Friendly Chat Thead

qtkt

Vicar of Goondiwindi
Awesome site donor
you maybe want to listen to this track
Were you thinking particularly thinking of this verse?

religion is cool but I like the old God, I’m gonna say it again
religion is cool but I like the old God
gone are the days of the staff and the rod
sometimes he's vague and can't really help
I feel like a seahorse adrift in the kelp
I pray for my friends who are out in the storm
religion's a blanket that can't keep me warm

Anyone got any Christmas/New Year/plans for 2019 to share?
Yep. My friend whom I've known since I was 10 is driving me down to Sydney tomorrow to spend Christmas with her family. She is one of eight kids so it will be a packed. Can't wait! Got to be up early for a three hour drive.

kxk

SAPIOSEXUAL
Merry Christmas everyone, my favourite Christmas Hymn is 200 years old.....

200 years “Silent Night”
On the traces of “Silent Night”
Gentle tunes and soothing words that touch the soul: The magic of “Silent Night” has remained uninterrupted for 200 years. A song that promises consolation and gives hope. Over and over again.

A beautiful song of peace

delcan

Future Real Housewife
Awesome site donor
Yep. My friend whom I've known since I was 10 is driving me down to Sydney tomorrow to spend Christmas with her family. She is one of eight kids so it will be a packed. Can't wait! Got to be up early for a three hour drive.
That sounds like fun! Have a great Christmas @tess!

qtkt

Vicar of Goondiwindi
Awesome site donor
Merry Christmas everyone, my favourite Christmas Hymn is 200 years old.....

200 years “Silent Night”
On the traces of “Silent Night”
Gentle tunes and soothing words that touch the soul: The magic of “Silent Night” has remained uninterrupted for 200 years. A song that promises consolation and gives hope. Over and over again.

A beautiful song of peace
There’s a small round church shown for just a second or two at the end of that video. It’s the replacement of the church where Silent Night was first sung. I’ve had the privilege of being there - on Christmas Eve for the massive service they have outside every year. Totally awesome.