Skip to main content

The New One - The OF Topic Friendly Chat Thead

you maybe want to listen to this track
Were you thinking particularly thinking of this verse?

religion is cool but I like the old God, I’m gonna say it again
religion is cool but I like the old God
gone are the days of the staff and the rod
sometimes he's vague and can't really help
I feel like a seahorse adrift in the kelp
I pray for my friends who are out in the storm
religion's a blanket that can't keep me warm

Anyone got any Christmas/New Year/plans for 2019 to share?
Yep. My friend whom I've known since I was 10 is driving me down to Sydney tomorrow to spend Christmas with her family. She is one of eight kids so it will be a packed. Can't wait! Got to be up early for a three hour drive.

Merry Christmas everyone, my favourite Christmas Hymn is 200 years old.....

200 years “Silent Night”
On the traces of “Silent Night”
Gentle tunes and soothing words that touch the soul: The magic of “Silent Night” has remained uninterrupted for 200 years. A song that promises consolation and gives hope. Over and over again.

A beautiful song of peace

Yep. My friend whom I've known since I was 10 is driving me down to Sydney tomorrow to spend Christmas with her family. She is one of eight kids so it will be a packed. Can't wait! Got to be up early for a three hour drive.

That sounds like fun! Have a great Christmas @tess!

Merry Christmas everyone, my favourite Christmas Hymn is 200 years old.....

200 years “Silent Night”
On the traces of “Silent Night”
Gentle tunes and soothing words that touch the soul: The magic of “Silent Night” has remained uninterrupted for 200 years. A song that promises consolation and gives hope. Over and over again.

A beautiful song of peace
There’s a small round church shown for just a second or two at the end of that video. It’s the replacement of the church where Silent Night was first sung. I’ve had the privilege of being there - on Christmas Eve for the massive service they have outside every year. Totally awesome.

We heard a weird noise outside our bedroom Window the other night, and found a huge bush tail possum sitting on the wall. Never seen one outside of the zoo before.

We heard a weird noise outside our bedroom Window the other night, and found a huge bush tail possum sitting on the wall. Never seen one outside of the zoo before.
I heard a weird noise yesterday and went outside to find the dog stuck half in the fishpond. she had broken through the ice and got herself stuck.

Reactions: kxk
On Sunday night, speaking of hearing weird things, I heard someone in the street call out 'expecto patronum' followed by 'expelliarmus'. There was silence after I called 'avada kevadra', lol. This was around midnight. I then spent a while wondering what my patronus would be.

What is 'expecto patronum"? I'm assuming it could be something Harry Potter?

Last edited:
Giraffes look like aliens I feel.
Did you know they have a special gift of some kind of stop valve/vessel/thingy in that long neck that shuts off the blood so it doesn't rush to their head?????
If it ran along that long neck/route catching speed the rush would zonk em out otherwise apparently.

Another giraffe fact. In the wild they only sleep for 5 minutes at a time. They don't lay down because of predators. They sleep standing up and for no longer than 30 minutes a day.

Reactions: kxk
Yes, it is.
Expecto patronum is a defensive spell used by a witch or wizard to protect them from the Dementors (the bad guys). The Patronus takes the shape of an animal. Expelliarmus is a disarming charm used to remove a wand from the hand of a witch or a wizard. Avada kevadra is the killing curse. If you get hit by one of those, you're gone. Sorry for the crash course in Potter words but comprehension is easier when you know the words.

Back