Skip to main content

The New One - The OF Topic Friendly Chat Thead

This is a safe place.... I mean it’s the internet, of course it’s safe!

😂😂😂😂

What a horrific thing to happen to you. But given that you had already had dealings with a workplace you yourself judged as misogynistic, I’m surprised you chose to deal with them again. Personally I wouldn’t go back to a garage who had a misogynistic vibe, but in saying that I would never describe men who had that vibe towards me as nice or helpful.

It is normal to be placed on hold, and while it’s annoying, sometimes we have to wait. I think, I’ll rephrase, I hope this defeated “if I had a husband they wouldn’t do this...” mentality you have shared is dated. Women have voices, we have choices and if you feel you received poor service based on your sex, speak to the manager.

So my opinion, complain in writing.

I do hope your week gets better.
Sometime you are so taken aback you can't /don't think to complain. The other week I was walking to the office I heard some workmen say "hello ladies" As I was walking alone I just assumed he was talking to someone else. Then I looked around and realised I was the only one around, and that in all likelihood he was in fact referring to my breasts. By the time I clicked to that I was too thrown to come up with a witty response, so I just chose to ignore. Maybe that was the wrong thing to do, maybe I should've confronted him, but I doubt that would have changed the mentality of someone who would say something like to a complete stranger walking past them.

Sometime you are so taken aback you can't /don't think to complain. The other week I was walking to the office I heard some workmen say "hello ladies" As I was walking alone I just assumed he was talking to someone else. Then I looked around and realised I was the only one around, and that in all likelihood he was in fact referring to my breasts. By the time I clicked to that I was too thrown to come up with a witty response, so I just chose to ignore. Maybe that was the wrong thing to do, maybe I should've confronted him, but I doubt that would have changed the mentality of someone who would say something like to a complete stranger walking past them.
Just to clarify, I wasn’t responding to workmen ogling Delcan in the street. I was responding to a post where Delcan visited a mechanical shop where she quickly judged the workers to be misogynistic, then some time later returned to the same shop as a return customer and felt she was treated poorly in a sexist manner because she is unmarried.

To respond to your experience, while I think the initial shock of verbal sexual harassment can leave us as women angry/speechless/horrified and at times frightened. When we go away and reflect we can weigh up our options regarding appropriate response, because we know we have the right to respond. We know we no longer have to take it. Choosing to ignore is certainly one option. While it might not be my chosen response, I certainly don’t think it was the wrong thing to do.

hope you have had a better week and your car is all sorted.

I had a far better week and I feel like I made a positive change in other people's life and made things easier for a lot of other people. My car was a pain in my arse but I had to go with my insurance company and the people around me were supportive and I appreciate the support I got here. It's hard sometimes but I appreciate you being around 😘

This is a bit disturbing. A local doctor is in the news here, he has been sentenced to prison for attempting to stab a female pharmacist who reported him for over-prescribing patients. He showed up at her pharmacy with a bouquet of flowers, then lunged for her with a knife. He apparently shows no remorse. What this has to do with me is that, while he was not my GP, I have seen him quite a few times over the years when mine wasn't available.

This is a bit disturbing. A local doctor is in the news here, he has been sentenced to prison for attempting to stab a female pharmacist who reported him for over-prescribing patients. He showed up at her pharmacy with a bouquet of flowers, then lunged for her with a knife. He apparently shows no remorse. What this has to do with me is that, while he was not my GP, I have seen him quite a few times over the years when mine wasn't available.

That is disturbing.

Yikes. That’s horrible. I cannot really begin to understand this kind of thing/behaviour. Except to assume that such people have maybe fried their brains with substance abuse. Which possibly fits in this kind of case...

I am attempting to fly this evening in this insane weater we are having. Attempting because so far all I have done is sat in the airport watching my flight get delayed later and later and damning the germy bastard that gave me thier headcold germs on the flight earlier in the week!

I am attempting to fly this evening in this insane weater we are having. Attempting because so far all I have done is sat in the airport watching my flight get delayed later and later and damning the germy bastard that gave me thier headcold germs on the flight earlier in the week!

I've been there - that is the worst. Fingers crossed you are heading towards a bed soon

I swear there is an unnatural correlation of people being sick and being on flights as opposed to healthy people.
Sometimes it feels like Im residing in an influenza ward at 35,000 feet.

I swear there is an unnatural correlation of people being sick and being on flights as opposed to healthy people.
Sometimes it feels like Im residing in an influenza ward at 35,000 feet.
Yes and now I feel really guilty for being one of the sick masses infecting the healthy. Now home and in bed yay!!!

Hihi. And Hoho. Hiho.
Hi People. Well... got caught in a mini snow storm on Monday. But it has disappeared again now. All the Christmas markets are doing their usual roaring trade. In Kitch and Glühwein. Neither of which I am particularly a fan of.
And it‘s VERY DARK. It‘s dark at like 4 pm. Very annoying.
That‘s my news today!

Hihi. And Hoho. Hiho.
Hi People. Well... got caught in a mini snow storm on Monday. But it has disappeared again now. All the Christmas markets are doing their usual roaring trade. In Kitch and Glühwein. Neither of which I am particularly a fan of.
And it‘s VERY DARK. It‘s dark at like 4 pm. Very annoying.
That‘s my news today!
Got hit by another willywilly last Saturday - they are freaky

Reactions: kxk
Back