Skip to main content

The money question..

How much money should Priya & Katie give the other housemates?

• Total voters
I wouldn't want to whittle away good money on a bunch of people I don't know. No-one guaranteed them $250,000 and besides aren't they "in it for the experience" ? They came on a show to be challenged and to face the unexpected. That's what they signed up for, so enjoy! I'd definitely buy some of the housemates a treat but that would be because I like them, not because I think I owed it to them.

Semantics.

But still it works as they aren't taking the money for themselves. They are taking it for over priced food with the money going back to BB.

I am surprised none have asked if the money spent goes back into the prize pool.

Hey girls, we have a situation where you can take 20 grand from the winners. So that is BB's fault as he gave them the option.

Well now BB is giving the option to take that money and spend it on over priced or Melbourne Priced food and coffee.

So it's not the housemates, it's BB trying to take the money if you're using the BB's fault logic.[DOUBLEPOST=1410441303][/DOUBLEPOST]

You wouldn't feel or think that way if it was your potential $250,000

To be honest, I would feel lucky for winning anything. Maybe the housemates shouldn't be so greedy. Or premature for that matter!

I don't think it's unreasonable. They were offered $100 each.

After the bitching and moaning I would have rescinded that offer.[DOUBLEPOST=1410441354][/DOUBLEPOST]

I really hope I would.

Yep I'd be doing the same, I'd tell them to go fuck themselves and then I'd go and buy myself some ribs, eat it right in front of them, make extremely pleasured noises like I was having a foodgasm, then tell them how full I feel. And every time someone has a whinge I'd just go and do the exact same thing. I'd get nominated, but there's no way I'd get booted...

At last someone speaking some sense. Thank goodness for UAN, you're a life saver. :thumbsup:

Emotions =/= Logic. Someone who speaks from emotions does NOT make sense.

I wouldn't want to whittle away good money on a bunch of people I don't know. No-one guaranteed them $250,000 and besides aren't they "in it for the experience" ? They came on a show to be challenged and to face the unexpected. That's what they signed up for, so enjoy! I'd definitely buy some of the housemates a treat but that would be because I like them, not because I think I owed it to them.
Look at it this way, they're starving for 7 days ( I know it's just 1 so far) all for the sake of 2 strangers pocketing 20 grand, there's absolutely nothing in it for them. So I can completely understand why it didn't go down well when they learnt that they had withheld the fact that it also came out of the prizemoney. It was a total normal human response and I'd be hypocritical liar if I said that I would respond differently to how the majority did.

As an outsider it's easy.

See here's the thing and I think Katie was cottening on to Priya. Why are you there?

You have to play the game, it's unfair, it is twisted and you have to adapt to the curve balls thrown your way. I think people are a bit stuck on, 'yeah they should have taken the money,' however the situation is changing in the house. Maybe at the time it can be justified, and the initial reaction was sweet. However things are changing. They need to adapt.

I think Travis gave them the worst case scenario for spending money. They need to shrink back from that, but they have to spend money to keep playing the game. They should be thanking Travis. He defined it in a reasonable amount to give up.

Would they have taken 7 and a half grand for people to have a few meals during the week? You bet ya.

They need to adjust and adapt.

Not anymore, well some HMs still do, but now they are on the show to win.

I would give $300, not because I feel I owe them, but because I wanted to. I would be happy with $7000 .

As an outsider it's easy.

See here's the thing and I think Katie was cottening on to Priya. Why are you there?

You have to play the game, it's unfair, it is twisted and you have to adapt to the curve balls thrown your way. I think people are a bit stuck on, 'yeah they should have taken the money,' however the situation is changing in the house. Maybe at the time it can be justified, and the initial reaction was sweet. However things are changing. They need to adapt.

I think Travis gave them the worst case scenario for spending money. They need to shrink back from that, but they have to spend money to keep playing the game. They should be thanking Travis. He defined it in a reasonable amount to give up.

Would they have taken 7 and a half grand for people to have a few meals during the week? You bet ya.

They need to adjust and adapt.
Will they need to 'adapt' again if BB raises the price of a meal to $1k tomorrow?

Not anymore, well some HMs still do, but now they are on the show to win.

I would give $300, not because I feel I owe them, but because I wanted to. I would be happy with $7000 .

I'd be happier with $10 000...

GfbPV1e.png

Look at it this way, they're starving for 7 days ( I know it's just 1 so far) all for the sake of 2 strangers pocketing 20 grand, there's absolutely nothing in it for them. So I can completely understand why it didn't go down well when they learnt that they had withheld the fact that it also came out of the prizemoney. It was a total normal human response and I'd be hypocritical liar if I said that I would respond differently to how the majority did.
I don't disagree there most people would be pissed but saying they deserve the money is not.
Thems the breaks, it's BB...the fact that they can't actually place themselves out of their own situation is telling.

I don't necessarily disagree, but why can Katie and Priya be selfish and not the housemates?
Well actually....to me they weren't being selfish....they were considering...it's when the housemates started acting like entitled pricks that they turned around and rightfully defended themselves.
Let me ask you this, would you be so kind as to spend money on someone who had went and hid your money?

And let's not be stupid here, Priya likely vomited from actual anxiety and not money.

of course.

Like I personally think the melbourne priced coffee wasn't worth it. Nor the cakes, not the ribs.
Huh so nothing has been worth it? What if nothing is ever worth it?

That's the thing. This is a game. They won $10k each --I wouldn't be spending / wasting it.

As someone said in the live show chat thread -- it's a cheap way for BB to get out of paying prize money.

Here's a strategy.

Don't buy them anything for a few days. Wait until they are desperate and then the cash you spend on them will make the food even more delicious and they will thank you for it even more.

Well actually....to me they weren't being selfish....they were considering...it's when the housemates started acting like entitled pricks that they turned around and rightfully defended themselves.
Let me ask you this, would you be so kind as to spend money on someone who had went and hid your money?
Say what? BB was explicitly clear that they could only get the money on the condition that they and the other housemates starved for 7 days or one of the 3 options given to be more precise.

So no it wasn't offered to them without any strings attached, their enrichment directly comes at the expense of the housemates too hence their displeasure and entitlement. Is that hard so hard to grasp?

After the way a majority of the HM's carried on tonight I'd be incline to give them exactly what they deserve - nothing.

I think the exact same thing. If they whinge, I'd buy something and eat it in front of them.

Here's a strategy.

Don't buy them anything for a few days. Wait until they are desperate and then the cash you spend on them will make the food even more delicious and they will thank you for it even more.

Or better yet, I'd be telling them not to talk about food at the dinner table and then they might stop thinking about it! Morons!

Say what? BB was explicitly clear that they could only get the money on the condition that they and the other housemates starved for 7 days or one of the 3 options given to be more precise.

So no it wasn't offered to them without any string attached, their enrichment directly comes at the expense of the housemates too hence their displeasure and entitlement. Is that hard so hard to grasp?
I'm not required to grasp your own opinion, sorry.
Btw protein shakes isn't starving, but props for being dramatic.

Back