Skip to main content

The Masked Singer AU 2020

As a Kate Miller Heidke superfan, The Queen is 100 percent her.
Bridesmaid clue - She has had 13 Aria noms and still hasn't won yet.
Tinsel Tasmania clue - Her vocal coach is Tasmanian and has a Christmas song called "Growing a beard downstairs for Christmas"
Career Path Change - She studied Opera but wanted to pursue a career in pop music
Conquered the world - She has performed Eurovision, Coachella and NYC opera house
Baguet clue - She speaks fluent French.

Her voice is so distinctive as well!

As a Kate Miller Heidke superfan, The Queen is 100 percent her.
Bridesmaid clue - She has had 13 Aria noms and still hasn't won yet.
Tinsel Tasmania clue - Her vocal coach is Tasmanian and has a Christmas song called "Growing a beard downstairs for Christmas"
Career Path Change - She studied Opera but wanted to pursue a career in pop music
Conquered the world - She has performed Eurovision, Coachella and NYC opera house
Baguet clue - She speaks fluent French.

Her voice is so distinctive as well!
1000000%

My other guesses

Goldfish
Guess: Christina Anu or Vanessa Amorossi
- Both have performed at the 2000 Olympics with career highs
- Christina has as a show on the ABC (book clue)
- Both have children (Book Clue)
- Vanessa's husband is a Martial Arts instructor

Puppet
Guess: Mark Holden
- 1964 he started his career and love of music
- Mark known for giving out the flower found on the Puppets suit
- Mark loves a suit
- Studied law

Dragonfly
Guess: Sharna Burgess
- Strength is Flexibility (Dancer)
- Travelled and moved a lot (Lived in Australia, Belgium, Netherlands and the US)
- Reality clue pointing to Dancing with the stars
- The 3 cards with different numbers pointing to the DWTS judges scores
- Dragonfly was being rose on the titanic, heavily rumoured to be the Bachelorette
- Fell and had a major knee injury during a dance

Frillneck
Guess: David Pocock
- Not a 9-5 job, plays rugby
- Discussed homophobia in rugby and LGBT topics in the media
- Has gone to South Africa for charitable work
- Wasn't good at golf clue could be mentioning there is a golfer named David Pocock???

Frillneck
Guess: David Pocock
- Not a 9-5 job, plays rugby
- Discussed homophobia in rugby and LGBT topics in the media
- Has gone to South Africa for charitable work
- Wasn't good at golf clue could be mentioning there is a golfer named David Pocock???
Frillneck is almost certainly Eddie Perfect.

I agree that Kate Miller-Heidke must be the Queen but I’m thrown by the height. Kate is TINY! Unless she’s wearing incredibly high heels, the costume doesn’t look the right size to me.

I enjoyed that, though Dave Hughes' guesses are idiotic.

They should have thrown in a 'dated Delta Goodrem' clue for Philippoussis, though that hardly narrows it down.

I agree that Kate Miller-Heidke must be the Queen but I’m thrown by the height. Kate is TINY! Unless she’s wearing incredibly high heels, the costume doesn’t look the right size to me.
You can see a couple of times that the Queen head is placed on top of her head with her eyesight in the fabric of the Queens neck. Makes her look a lot taller than she is.

Clues that link Eddie Perfect to the Frillneck:
  • “under pressure can put on a real show”/“waited a long time to get where I am”/“a lot of work goes on behind-the-scenes” - works in TV and theatre, neither of which are 9-5 jobs, has acted but is now a composer, started his career in Australia and has now made a name for himself on Broadway in New York
  • “9-5” - a double reference, referring to the entertainment industry but he was also supposed to star in 9 To 5: The Musical this year, which is the reason he is back in Australia at the moment, before Covid postponed it
  • “I know what it’s like to work and be savaged” - some of his work has been negatively received by critics, particularly on King Kong: The Musical, which leads me to...
  • “puppet masters”/the newspaper headline “city under attack” followed by a roar sound effect - King Kong! (and re: “puppet masters“, if you’ve seen the production, you know!)
  • “love my country”/“sporting”/“mowing down tallpoppys” - relates to Australia as he recently moved to New York, but also references his breakout role as Shane Warne in Shane Warne: The Musical; one of the show’s song lyrics is literally “just another chopped tall poppy”
  • “known for my opinions”/LGBT rights - known for his heavy social media presence re: same-sex marriage
Also sounds a lot like him!

Last edited:
Clues that link Eddie Perfect to the Frillneck:
  • “under pressure can put on a real show”/“waited a long time to get where I am”/“a lot of work goes on behind-the-scenes” - works in TV and theatre, neither of which are 9-5 jobs, has acted but is now a composer, started his career in Australia and has now made a name for himself on Broadway in New York
  • “9-5” - a double reference, referring to the entertainment industry but he was also supposed to star in 9 To 5: The Musical this year, which is the reason he is back in Australia at the moment, before Covid postponed it
  • “I know what it’s like to work and be savaged” - some of his work has been negatively received by critics, particularly on King Kong: The Musical, which leads me to...
  • “puppet masters”/the newspaper headline “city under attack” followed by a roar sound effect - King Kong! (and re: “puppet masters“, if you’ve seen the production, you know!)
  • “love my country”/“sporting”/“mowing down tallpoppys” - relates to Australia as he recently moved to New York, but also references his breakout role as Shane Warne in Shane Warne: The Musical; one of the show’s song lyrics is literally “just another chopped tall poppy”
  • “known for my opinions”/LGBT rights - known for his heavy social media presence re: same-sex marriage
Also sounds a lot like him!
Spot on Theo! I didn’t actually get any of the clues (except for putting on a show) ... just knew him straight away by his voice. I just watched his cute little YouTube series with Lucy Durack called Love in Lockdown the other day.

Back