Skip to main content

...the many things that you remember as a kid or teenager...

Flicking back through old photos of myself as a kid, and I’m wearing tights with thick socks over them. 😂 anything to keep you warm back in the day. It’s practical I’ll give it that. Childrens clothing was a lot more fun l, now it’s all neutral for the perfect social media picture.
…back when I was a kid I steadfastly refused to wear my shirt tucked into my pants of my school uniform… I always had it ‘hanging loose’ on the outside of my pants… I was always in trouble with my mum and dad for it… my mum always called me a ‘scruff’ lol!… I was always in trouble at school for it… (it was against their ‘dress codes’ apparently)… no matter how many punishments they gave me like ‘detention’ etc I wouldn’t tuck my shirt in… eventually I convinced a Doctor that I had a sort of Phobia about feeling ‘suffocated’ having it tucked in so she actually wrote a letter more or less ‘excusing’ me from having to tuck my shirt in which I had the greatest pleasure in handing it into my school lol!…

…the whole thing started when I first came to Australia at the age of 14 (I turned 14 just 4 days after coming to Australia)… and on the first day of school I had my shirt of my uniform hanging loose and a Teacher quite obnoxiously told me to tuck my shirt in while I was surrounded by my new classmates… well… me being directly from an East London slum apartments building (which was a really rough area) I was quite the rebel and to be honest… quite a little shit of a kid with a big chip on my shoulder against authority… anyway… when that Teacher told me to tuck it in I just said “no way!”… so after a clash of wills he sent me to the Headmaster for him to sort it out… (I was sent on my FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!) lol!… from then onwards my battle started… now this would’ve all been avoided if the Teacher ‘asked’ me to tuck it in rather than ‘tell’ me… so my whole crusade (even fooling that Doctor) until I handed in that ‘excuse’ letter… was about me beating authority and winning (which I did)…

…as I said I was a little stubborn shit kid with attitude at the time… just aswell that I’m not like that now 😇👀🤭🤥🥴… funny thing but the other kids started to wear their shirts on the outside eventually lol!… yes… little Sticky usually got his way nearly all the time… thank god I eventually grew up…😏🤪😜🤓🥸🤣… cheers.

…back when I was a kid I steadfastly refused to wear my shirt tucked into my pants of my school uniform… I always had it ‘hanging loose’ on the outside of my pants… I was always in trouble with my mum and dad for it… my mum always called me a ‘scruff’ lol!… I was always in trouble at school for it… (it was against their ‘dress codes’ apparently)… no matter how many punishments they gave me like ‘detention’ etc I wouldn’t tuck my shirt in… eventually I convinced a Doctor that I had a sort of Phobia about feeling ‘suffocated’ having it tucked in so she actually wrote a letter more or less ‘excusing’ me from having to tuck my shirt in which I had the greatest pleasure in handing it into my school lol!…

…the whole thing started when I first came to Australia at the age of 14 (I turned 14 just 4 days after coming to Australia)… and on the first day of school I had my shirt of my uniform hanging loose and a Teacher quite obnoxiously told me to tuck my shirt in while I was surrounded by my new classmates… well… me being directly from an East London slum apartments building (which was a really rough area) I was quite the rebel and to be honest… quite a little shit of a kid with a big chip on my shoulder against authority… anyway… when that Teacher told me to tuck it in I just said “no way!”… so after a clash of wills he sent me to the Headmaster for him to sort it out… (I was sent on my FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!) lol!… from then onwards my battle started… now this would’ve all been avoided if the Teacher ‘asked’ me to tuck it in rather than ‘tell’ me… so my whole crusade (even fooling that Doctor) until I handed in that ‘excuse’ letter… was about me beating authority and winning (which I did)…

…as I said I was a little stubborn shit kid with attitude at the time… just aswell that I’m not like that now 😇👀🤭🤥🥴… funny thing but the other kids started to wear their shirts on the outside eventually lol!… yes… little Sticky usually got his way nearly all the time… thank god I eventually grew up…😏🤪😜🤓🥸🤣… cheers.
Oh my gosh! Hahahahahaha you just had to win at any cost! I would love to hear more stories from your youth. I Think you and I would have caused a bit of chaos in school 😂

I enjoyed pushing the boundaries, taking a different view, I was girly yet a complete tomboy as well. As soon as I was out of the house while walking to school, my skirt was rolled up a little more than it should have been, but being part of the schools mixed oz tag team, I had no problem getting down and dirty. Some of my rebellious behaviours (which I now would kill my own kids if they ever do such irresponsible things) was teaching myself to drive. I would wait for my parents to be out of the house and at aged 14 just couldn’t help myself, and started to take the car out and drive up and down the street, slow at first, then faster, until I could go around the area. I think my dad started to take notice and would park the car a certain way, place things in the top wheel to see if it moved, monitor the kms etc. honestly couldn’t believe I was that stupid. I’d like to say this is a one off but nope. In class I would sneak out the window while the teacher had their back turned to the board and i was out onto the ledge and try to get out of class by jumping off it to the ground. I think we were like one story up. I had no concept of getting injured whatsoever. Like when they would ask is to run around the streets to practise for cross country (we would run around the oval and then around a u shaped street back around to the school), but I would find a way to drag someone to play stupid pranks like knock on peoples doors and pretend we were representing the school and if they could donate to a cause I’d make up. I got busted for that one when one of the house people called the school. In my defence they called to say how lovely we were and that we represented the school so lively and they wanted to donate more. I mean the vice principal could have seen the hood in that, right? 😆

My grandfather, my favourite person, always laughed about my trouble making ways. I think he enjoyed it as much because he was a little naughty too. When he was given a walking stick as he got older, I distinctly remember him acting blind and while sitting on a bench and he someone walking past he would put the stick out and act like he had no idea what he was doing. I knew better because I saw the smirk before the person tripped. He was a sneaky old bugga but had the biggest heart. You remind me of him mr sticky fingers. That fire and spirit never left him, even right to the end. You have the same fire and spirit :)

…last weekend we had our daughter and her son with his wife and 2 daughters aged 5-3 stay with us for the weekend… we hadn’t seen the 2 great grandkids before because they all live in Queensland… anyhow… when the two girls entered our house they were greeted by my ‘monster feet’ slippers… (for 44 years my darling wife has been pleading for me to buy myself a pair of slippers for winter… I always said to her “when I find a pair that I finally like… I’ll buy them!”… well… lo and behold… here they are… lol!)…

B16A128F-6EE3-4415-A699-CEA597ED5C2D.jpeg

6BA77BEA-A719-45E5-8A6E-FD16DE6C530B.jpeg

…getting back to what I was talking about… they were greeted by my slippers… they immediately endeared us to both of them lol!… for the rest of the time they were here I kept stirring them… eventually we all went out to our backyard patio where I have rather strange fibreglass or cement statues or ornaments… some of them are of a cat and two dogs… the 5 year old asked me if they had names… I pointed to the cat and told her that it’s name was ‘Dog’…

ED066AE1-FD0B-4DF6-8E69-0794455F4BF3.jpeg

0A1736D5-CCA3-400E-B24E-6A91EFDAE3BF.jpeg

…I then showed her the two dogs…

6D6A2E5C-846E-4B63-B427-F196D8AEABD6.jpeg

…I then told them that the large dog was called ‘Cat’ and that the small dog was called ‘Kitten’ (of course!)… they both looked at me… then at each other… then at the dogs and cat… the oldest one just looked at me and said… “the dogs are called ‘Cat and Kitten’ and the cats name is ‘Dog’?… you’re silly!”… lol!… but it worked… I had their minds in overdrive… it endeared us to them even more… in fact… the older shyer one opened right up to us… her mum and dad were amazed… I so love stirring little kids up lol!… in this next photo you can see my garden Gnome on the right…

96FDE912-4E26-485A-9A65-D9C5424B7ABD.jpeg

…instead of patting patting either dogs or the cat on the head the 3 year old just kept running up to the Gnome… patting it on the arse cheek and then running back to her mum with shrieks of laughter… ahhhhhhh!… the good things about stirring the great grandkids up is… you can hand them back to the parents at the end of the day to deal with them being overhyped up lol!… I so love this world lol!… (Sticky finishes the post with an evil laugh)… muhwahahahahahahahahahahaha!… cheers. 👺👻💀☠️🤡👺🤭

Last edited:
…by the way… whenever you look at our patio area from the side gate… all you can mainly see is the two dogs… the Troll pointing the finger and the Gnome’s arse looking at you!… yep!… what a beautiful world indeed!… lol!… cheers.

…yesterday while at the hydro pool doing my rehabilitation swimming exercises we were asked if we minded a class of babies learning to swim with their mum and dads sharing the pool with us because their normal pool was closed due to renovations… of course we didn’t mind… it was great to see babies so young learning to swim… and… the parents and their trainer were constantly singing nursery rhymes that was great!… they were singing nursery rhymes that I haven’t heard for many many years… to hear them was such a blast!… it was great!… in fact… my Physio and I even sang along with them lol!… remembering some of the words was a challenge in itself lol!… I loved it!… “ring a ring of posies a pocket full of……….”… cheers.

…in regards to my post above… I forgot to mention… nearly half of the parents doing it were the dads… I was quite surprised to see that… but it was so good to see… cheers.

…nothing to do with being a kid or teenager but I’ve been watching the original series of ‘MacGyver‘ from the mid 80’s every Monday to Friday afternoon on 10 Bold… during the 80’s my darling wife used to say “why are you watching this rubbish?”… now?… she hooked on it and watches it with me!… lol!… oh how things have changed lol!… I mean… who else could make a Gyrocopter out of a cement mixer/bamboo poles/gaffer tape and a few sheets of plastic?… or defuse a bomb with the rubber tip off a lead pencil/chewing gum/an elastic band and a paperclip?… lol!… cheers.

…nothing to do with being a kid or teenager but I’ve been watching the original series of ‘MacGyver‘ from the mid 80’s every Monday to Friday afternoon on 10 Bold… during the 80’s my darling wife used to say “why are you watching this rubbish?”… now?… she hooked on it and watches it with me!… lol!… oh how things have changed lol!… I mean… who else could make a Gyrocopter out of a cement mixer/bamboo poles/gaffer tape and a few sheets of plastic?… or defuse a bomb with the rubber tip off a lead pencil/chewing gum/an elastic band and a paperclip?… lol!… cheers.

Awesome show mate, I also watch it on channel 12 "bold" or whatever they call those new channels these days..lol! Mate back in high school we loved this show. Back in those days when I was younger I used to always carry around a swiss army knife in my pocket with all those extra special tool options on them 'yes probably illegal' but we just loved this Macgyver show back then so much it was awesome.

Good stuff mate! :thumbsup: :D

Awesome show mate, I also watch it on channel 12 "bold" or whatever they call those new channels these days..lol! Mate back in high school we loved this show. Back in those days when I was younger I used to always carry around a swiss army knife in my pocket with all those extra special tool options on them 'yes probably illegal' but we just loved this Macgyver show back then so much it was awesome.

Good stuff mate! :thumbsup: :D

…apparently they’ve made a new version of the show but just haven’t shown it in Australia yet… whoever it is playing MacGyver will be nowhere as good as our original Richard Dean Anderson I reckon… the newer version was made in 2016 and is still running today so it must be okay… the original one ran for 7 years… it’s weird that we haven’t seen the newer version in Australia yet eh?… cheers.

…apparently they’ve made a new version of the show but just haven’t shown it in Australia yet… whoever it is playing MacGyver will be nowhere as good as our original Richard Dean Anderson I reckon… the newer version was made in 2016 and is still running today so it must be okay… the original one ran for 7 years… it’s weird that we haven’t seen the newer version in Australia yet eh?… cheers.

I think they were showing the new version of Macgyver on the same channel 12 "bold" a while ago. So I think they might show the new Macgyver again on the same channel probably when they play all the episodes of this original one that they are showing now. But yes you are right I tried to watch a couple of episodes of the new Macgyver and it's not the same at all. Not even close really. I didn't like it I prefer the original Macgyver anyday! lol

Cheers!

note to myself:DON’T wear my ‘monster feet’ slippers while repotting my Bonsai plants… Mrs Sticky got a tad bit ‘cross’ with me big time!… even at my age… I still have a lot to learn lol!… talk about a ‘dumb act of the day’… don’t worry… my monster feet survived the horrific ordeal… 👌👍😬🤗🪴🌿🌱🍀🌲🌳… cheers.

…stupid me posted this in another thread by mistake… hence the re-post…

…anybody remember ‘Spirograph‘?… I remember buying the kids a Spirograph for Christmas once to share with each other so they could get some entertainment for ages… they asked me to show them how it worked… when I showed them one said “is THAT all it does… draw circles?… how boring!”… I ended up being fascinated by the variety of circular patterns it could create… I was the ONLY one lol!… boy didn’t I get that present wrong lol!… cheers.
8FD798B9-36D8-430F-A717-C06492899EDA.jpeg5EBC4273-BAEA-42A2-AB1E-8EAB1FB23CC5.jpeg7F59735B-FB9C-41BC-AF91-2D8043FDE1F4.jpeg

…Queen Elizabeth was crowned as the Queen on the 2nd of June 1953… I was born on the 30th June 1953… my mum and dad were really proud that I was born that particular month… even though I waited until the last day of June to come along lol!… she has always been with me somehow… so sad to think that she is not around anymore… cheers.

…until the age of nearly 14 I lived in Lambeth in London… we could always hear Big Ben chiming away at Westminster and were only 3.5 Kilometres from Buckingham Palace itself… quite often as kids from the age of 11 years onwards my gang of friends and I would walk to Buckingham Palace now and then… one day we were watching the ‘trooping of the colour’ with all of it’s pomp and ceremony and actually saw the Queen riding on horseback… it was both amazing and overwhelming… such was her presence and charisma…

…seeing her coffin in the hearse doing it’s final journey took me back to that time… I’m so glad that I witnessed her back then in her glory days and it is such a great memory for me… seeing her was like seeing The Beatles or something to us lol!… such a great memory indeed… cheers.

…stupid me posted this in another thread by mistake… hence the re-post…

…anybody remember ‘Spirograph‘?… I remember buying the kids a Spirograph for Christmas once to share with each other so they could get some entertainment for ages… they asked me to show them how it worked… when I showed them one said “is THAT all it does… draw circles?… how boring!”… I ended up being fascinated by the variety of circular patterns it could create… I was the ONLY one lol!… boy didn’t I get that present wrong lol!… cheers.
View attachment 59249View attachment 59247View attachment 59248
liked it there & here
still literally tangentially made me think of this
deepest madelbrot set zooooooom

liked it there & here
still literally tangentially made me think of this
deepest madelbrot set zooooooom
…haha!… I just left a message in the other forum of mine that I mistakingly posted… it read ‘wow!… that was truly amazing… it was hypnotic… how wonderous was it?… thanks for posting that BBpenguin88… that was like a mental mindfuck lol!’… cheers.

Back