Skip to main content

The Jimmy Savile case - Gary Glitter arrrested

However it could just be he also had a sick sense of humor. Who knows, especially with scum like him.

Rolf has now fallen all the way to hell.

Prison
Stripped of all honours
Falling prices on his paintings
Possibly assets frozen waiting comp claims

^ It sounds like justice is on its way to being done.

That said, will modern Western Society/culture soon be applying the same measure (etc, etc, etc) to, say, Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Michael Jackson, and the bloke wot the Mohammedan's deem to be their prophet ... to name but a tiny representation of the still severely revered ?

How long before we see mountains of old Elvis and "Rat-pack" (etc etc etc) records and cassettes and gilt-framed pictured and rhinestone jump-suits piled up and in flames on every street corner ?

How long before every rock band or entertainer who has ever "entertained" a "groupie" are banned from our TVs and radios ?

Will ABC "Rage" soon be reduced to playing film clips of Keith Green and Darlene Zschech, what with the playing of anything else being the promotion of individuals who may well have had sexual relations with kids / folk under the age of sexual consent ?

Will the music of "One Direction" and Justin B soon be deemed a tool used by them and their ilk to groom under age teens into situations where they will make even poorer choices and because of that, be banned for the sake of "the children" ?

... and don't get me started on "The Beatles" !

regarDS

Until today I've been pretty successful at mostly avoiding reading/watching anything about Rolf's court case. I don't watch TV news anyway. "GIMF" and all that.

As I'm not one to take in info from just a single source on any particular topic or event, I've but of course been browsing through all manner of online resources to try and get a reasonable idea of the Real Story.

Here is a link that I reckon does better job of avoiding sensationalism.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/rolf-ha...ded-apology-to-his-family-20140701-zsrjr.html

Hmmmm, ok a semi-highbrow look at things out of the way, would a low-brow "tralala" type question of the day be something like "what influence will the Rolf verdict have over the style of facial hair on men in their autumn and twi-light year ? Thanks to Rolf, is it now finally ok to sport a Hitler moustache in public ? Will the 3 Musketeers and any other film featuring good guys wearing Rolf like beards have to be remade ?"

regarDS

It's the odd thing. If you're a scumbag for most of your life and only spend a few years at the end paying for it. Is it actually worth it???

He's basically being rewarded for managing to get away with it for so long. The legal system is a joke when it comes to sexual assault and rape. No wonder people don't come forward. Five years - probably less in reality - for doing this to so many people. Disgusting.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/rolf-harris-trial-victim-impact-statements-20140705-zsx4w.html

That was heartbreaking to read. I saw what these scumbags do as a 7 year old, and was a witness in a trial - he was not charged, he was just told to relocate. It probably took me a good 15 years before the nightmares stopped, and I was just a witness.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/alwa...-than-a-national-treasure-20140701-3b6m5.html

This is a good summation of how Aussies mostly see creepy Rolf.
The creepy weirdo Aussie act, that bears no resemblance to us, from a weirdo who hasn't been in Australia for decades.

People who recognise him - mostly dead.
There are now more Aussies that don't know who he is, than those that do know him and have always wondered - WTF is wrong with poms.
How he has had a career I will never know, a career being a fake hammy pretend Aussie, cringe much, even before his life of crime emerged.

:wtf: are you serious????

I'm not advocating, but for a shithead like Rolf, does a small sentence at the end of his life really serve as punishment?

It's like that Madoff guy. He lived for several decades as a billionaire before getting caught in his 70s. A lot of people would rationally make the decision to live the bulk and peak of their life as a billionaire to spend the final decade in a minimum security prison.

This doesn't get around doing the wrong thing. However these people are scumbags to begin with. The whole deterrence aspect of criminal justice might not be too effective to these people.

Highly unlikely the Rolf sentence will stand, an appeal will be lodged. Then they will probably lay more charges - and he may even plead guilty and do a deal, since he has no reputation anymore may as well.

Was always interested to compare the sentence here for Hughes v Harris in UK.
Turns out for all the moaning Aussies do about lenient sentences - well they gave Hughes about double what Harris got.
Hughes can't even apply for parole for 6 years (min 6 years/max 10)

Here's a thought.

Would you wish hell upon somebody if you too were likely to end up in the same eternal destination due to you own unforgiven / unaccounted for / unpunished sin ?

regarDS

Back