Skip to main content

The Jimmy Savile case - Gary Glitter arrrested

Apparently the show must go on, Rolf performs at the Bristol Hippodrom to a standing ovations.

Rolf Harris takes stage in Bristol

191725-rolf-harris-takes-stage-in-bristol.jpg

AUSTRALIAN performer Rolf Harris has appeared on stage for the first time since it was reported he had been questioned by British police over alleged sex offences.Harris received standing ovations at the beginning and end of his performance at the Bristol Hippodrome in southwest England on Saturday night, the ABC reports. He thanked the audience for their support.

"You've got no idea what this means to have you turn up with such enthusiasm and such support," he told the 900-strong crowd. British newspaper The Sun says the 83-year-old was ushered into the theatre through the back door before the show in which he played the didgeridoo, painted and sang. He has been named by the media as the entertainer arrested in late March by police from Operation Yewtree in London, which was established following the Jimmy Savile scandal.

He has not been charged and denies any wrongdoing

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...stage-in-bristol/story-e6frea7u-1226646171309

Rolf Harris pisses me off. Not just because of what he's been accused of but even before that. He's made his career from being "THE" Aussie and he hasn't even lived here since 1952. 61 of his 83 years, he's lived in the UK. He wouldn't know what it was like to be a modern Aussie if one jumped up and bit him in the arse. His whole career is based on bullshit.

And that's not even going into what I think of him if he is guilty of what he has been accused of.

Rolf Harris pisses me off. Not just because of what he's been accused of but even before that. He's made his career from being "THE" Aussie and he hasn't even lived here since 1952. 61 of his 83 years, he's lived in the UK. He wouldn't know what it was like to be a modern Aussie if one jumped up and bit him in the arse. His whole career is based on bullshit.

And that's not even going into what I think of him if he is guilty of what he has been accused of.

Unfortunately he's one of many fake Aussies. There are heaps of them - we could make a thread about them! :D

It's ridiculous his lawyer basically said they should be lenient because he only abused 13 people compared to the 1300 reportedly abused by Jimmy Saville. Really don't know how these lawyers sleep at night.

Appalling sentence.
Just on another subject, this guy has an OBE. What happens with that when they are found guilty of a crime such as this, is the OBE rescinded? Does anyone know if they take back Queens honours?

Thanks pecan. Looks like there is plenty of precedent. I notice it didn't mention Jimmy Saville's knighthood being stripped. I wonder if they can posthumously strip a knighthood even though he never went to trial and was never convicted. It seems to be pretty much taken for granted that he was guilty.

I googled. Hmm.. This is weird..

"Revealed: Bizarre plan to give Jimmy Savile a second knighthood so he can be stripped of it publically"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...vile-second-knighthood-stripped-publicly.html

Thanks pecan. Looks like there is plenty of precedent. I notice it didn't mention Jimmy Saville's knighthood being stripped. I wonder if they can posthumously strip a knighthood even though he never went to trial and was never convicted. It seems to be pretty much taken for granted that he was guilty.

I googled. Hmm.. This is weird..

"Revealed: Bizarre plan to give Jimmy Savile a second knighthood so he can be stripped of it publically"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...vile-second-knighthood-stripped-publicly.html

Isn't that a bit of overkill?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-09-...in-court-over-child-sex-abuse-charges/4975952

I wonder if he is found guilty whether it will be an concurrent sentence (5-10 years in prison & would be out in 3-7 years) or consecutive sentence. (life sentence in his case & will most likely die in prison.)

I noticed that history is about to be re-written Orwellian style by having a purge of anything to do with him & whether he will be stripped of his AO & CBE if he is found guilty of the charges.

Back