Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

I started watching 'how do you solve a problem like maria' last night, those girls can really sing and Andrew Lloyd Webber is amazing.

I started watching 'how do you solve a problem like maria' last night, those girls can really sing and Andrew Lloyd Webber is amazing.

I have just started to watch it too and am enjoying it.

I am mid way through watching last Sundays movie length episode of House. It started off brilliantly but imo has decended into ridiculous. What is annoying me the most is that the doctors in the psych ward seem to be there all the time doing therapy with the patients. Well that is pure fiction, a patient in a public psychiatric hospital would be lucky to see a doctor once a week (if that) AND the Psych nurses are being betrayed as thugs whose role is to drag patents to seclusion.

One minute house is fighting the system and the next he has been invited to some formal function with his psychiatrists, yeah right as if that would happen. And there is no way that a doctor would be involved in a talent show with a patient and then give them a hug at the end...ffs.

Also the love affair thing is annoying too, I don't like the piano woman she is irritating.

The White Room should be renamed The Shite Room, because the thing sucks hard. Essentially, it's pretending to be Spicks and Specks but the questions are all about television shows. The hosts are crap. Why have two hosts, anyway? The set is too damn glossy and sterile – it looks like three IKEA kitchen benches got thrown inside one of those clean-rooms Intel use to manufacture its chips. I wasted an hour of my life watching it for the first and last time, and if this travesty gets the nod for a second season, I'll go heave.

The White Room should be renamed The Shite Room, because the thing sucks hard. Essentially, it's pretending to be Spicks and Specks but the questions are all about television shows. The hosts are crap. Why have two hosts, anyway? The set is too damn glossy and sterile – it looks like three IKEA kitchen benches got thrown inside one of those clean-rooms Intel use to manufacture its chips. I wasted an hour of my life watching it for the first and last time, and if this travesty gets the nod for a second season, I'll go heave.

not to mention the clear advertisment for Bones, Mash and other seven shows...

The Channrl 7 programming department most have a very short term memory. Did they learn nothing from their BLATANT 2008 Spicks and Specks rip off, You May Be Right? that lasted all of about 2 episodes before it got canned?

I'm just catching a bit of morning TV this am and what happened to 9am with Kim and David? It's been replaced by 4 chicks that's 4! women. Chrissy from big brother is ok and denise drysdale is bonkers she's like somones crazy aunt doing crazy stuff around the 3 who just sit on the couch and poor ol' ed phillips must be hard up 'cos he's like the cross to guy he was even talking to Moira. The show is odd too many hosts (2 of them i don't even know)

i was just waiting for cougar town to come on and had to keep flicking channels off ch.7 due to the shite room being on.that show is painful and the guests were trying to sing tv theme songs...ow my ears how long before it gets canned i wonder

i wonder how long ch9 will show a new Top Gear with an old ep behind it on Tuesday

Logies rumours/gossip.

The good:
- Susan Boyle might be singing.
- The cast of Glee may do a musical number, backed by this year's SYTYCD kids.
- A celeb from each network may combine (as in previous Logies) to present as a team. Shaun Micallef is said to be Ch 10's representative.

The bad:
- Richard Wilkins may be the chief host (with Natalie Gruzlewski as co-host)/Ch 9 representative.

Last edited by a moderator:
US Dancing With The Stars might be worth watching this season.
Check out the cast.

Buzz Aldrin (Retired Astronaut)
Pamela Anderson (Former Playboy Playmate & Actress)
Erin Andrews (ESPN Sportscaster)
Shannen Doherty (Actress)
Kate Gosselin (Former Reality TV Star)
Evan Lysacek (Olympic Champion Figure Skater)
Niecy Nash (Actress & Comedian)
Chad Ochocinco (NFL Wide receiver)
Jake Pavelka (The Bachelor Star)
Nicole Scherzinger (Lead Singer of the Pussycat Dolls)
Aiden Turner (All My Children Star)

What did Steve Price say on the 7pm project tonight that was racist? I missed it because my fathead manfriend was talking.

Big Bang Theory, Thurs 1 April - did Go! play 2 new eps last week?

I taped it and then when I went to watch my tape back it was bloody Top Gear. I am in WA btw.

I will be SUPER peed off if I have missed it :(

Stargate Atlantis Box Set

Has anyone bought the box set of the full series?

it used to be $185 at JB HIFI but now it's a whopping $272

Anyone know where to get the full set cheaper?

Is this what you're after?

I had originally linked that but then I realised it is Region 1. Make sure your DVD is multiregion compatible.

Yep my DVD player in the lounge is set to region 0.... So plays anything..... My laptop is set to region 4 but when it was brand new out the box was region 0 but I did the stupid thing of putting in a DVD and setting it. Should have left it set on 0......

On the PC drive D is region 1 and drive E is region 4..... So I'm covered for regions..... Stupidest idea ever regions.

Back