Skip to main content

The Circle UK - 2021

I personally have had to force myself to watch the past few episodes. I have not enjoyed it as much as I did the other two seasons. I don't find this cast as bootable as I did the last 2.

I personally have had to force myself to watch the past few episodes. I have not enjoyed it as much as I did the other two seasons. I don't find this cast as bootable as I did the last 2.
I stopped watching completely... For me it wasn’t the casting so much as it was the constant messing with the format.

So will _____Andy_____ block ___Manrika___ or ____Alice____ ? I think it will be the latter, but strategically the former would be the better call.

He'll definitely block a newbie. His whole schtick is honesty, integrity etc and so since he committed to getting the quartet to end, I'd be very surprised if he did anything else.

it was the constant messing with the format
Hopefully by the next series, the world is back to normal and we'll get the 2019 format back, rather than pre-recorded and heavily edited.

Hopefully by the next series, the world is back to normal and we'll get the 2019 format back, rather than pre-recorded and heavily edited.
I’d hope they’re listening to the critics and not just the stans... What I saw of this series reeked of desperation. I don’t think it was so much the series being pre-recorded but an attempt to boost ratings which from my understanding have been low for all three series.

He'll definitely block a newbie. His whole schtick is honesty, integrity etc and so since he committed to getting the quartet to end, I'd be very surprised if he did anything else.
Yeah I think so too. Maybe the edit deliberately made it looked like he had improved his opinion of Tom, meaning logically he would block Alice... but hopefully that's a red herring. I'd rather Tom gets blocked and exposed rather than risk them winning.

There was some talk about cancelling the final tonight because of the Princes death but seems they are doing a special news hour beforehand and the show is being aired tonight

Damn... Wasn't expecting that ending.

Manrika was seething when Felix first walked into the final dinner. 😆

The producers really fucked up the reveals by getting the order wrong and using alerts to reveal the next player walking through the door rather than letting players have the slow realisation of who is who. Had been looking forward to that all week but it completely failed to meet expecations.

Hashu is so infatuated with Manrika. He was hard to watch at that meeting, funny but sooooo cringeworthy. He definitely hasn't got over his awkward youth. I wonder how he felt watching it back on TV.

James/Gemma's reaction to the winner announcement is something to behold:

ad0USiB.jpg

I stopped watching completely... For me it wasn’t the casting so much as it was the constant messing with the format.
I stopped watching after episode 2 and sadly I am not compelled to pick it up again.

I'll give the US version a go when it launches, but if it's much the same then I think the series peaked too soon. It's a shame because I loved UK's second season.

Last edited:
I stopped watching after episode 2 and sadly I am not compelled to pick it up again.

I'll give the US version a go when it launches, but if it's much the same then I think the series peaked too soon. It's a shame because I loved UK's second season.
I don't think you can really judge it on the first two episodes. Yes, there was too much deviation from the core format but when you look back on it they only need to drop a couple of the twists to actually correct the balance. Same with the catfishes - dropping one or two of those would actually create a much more balance show and some like Shabaz playing Alice and Joey playing Femi weren't really needed.

Overall it was a very entertaining series, but certainly not without fault. The casting though was largely very good - especially the originals and the first two newbies.

Definitely got better as it went on. The boring players from the start mostly got blocked and Andy redeemed himself. The finale made it all worthwhile. Well, at least once I'd skipped their videos from home and campaign messages.

Back