• Welcome to the discussion forums. To get posting, register an account. You can also register with your Facebook or Twitter login.

The Circle UK - 2021

timmy

100% Free. Apply now!
Awesome site donor
I still don't understand the format. Is it a mix of celebs and non-celebs all posing as celebs (be it themselves or other celebs)? Who are
Kaye and Nadia
?

Brekkie

Staff member
I've said all along I don't think it's a format which needs a celebrity series or works with it. Much preferred them chucking a celeb in the main series as a cat-fish, and I think reversing that and throwing in a genuine celeb player into a civilian series would work better.

Also I'm confused - I actively avoid anything including the awful "GC", so do I want to watch a series that features her, even though it doesn't?

Kingston

Canadian Royality
I've said all along I don't think it's a format which needs a celebrity series or works with it. Much preferred them chucking a celeb in the main series as a cat-fish, and I think reversing that and throwing in a genuine celeb player into a civilian series would work better.

Also I'm confused - I actively avoid anything including the awful "GC", so do I want to watch a series that features her, even though it doesn't?
Thank god it’s only 6 episodes.... As for celebrities in the civilian series I think it worked as a one off twist and could be reimagined again in the future but isn’t one that really needs to pop up in every series.

Kingston

Canadian Royality
The more I learn about this series the more I’m unimpressed. Let’s hope it’s just 6 days of this mess and it’s a return to form for the civilian series.

Brekkie

Staff member
Way too many catfishes, and poor catfishes at that. Even though out of all the reality shows around The Circle would suit will.i.am most, I really doubt he'd ever go for it so is clearly a catfish from the beginning.

timmy

100% Free. Apply now!
Awesome site donor
Way too many catfishes, and poor catfishes at that. Even though out of all the reality shows around The Circle would suit will.i.am most, I really doubt he'd ever go for it so is clearly a catfish from the beginning.
Yeah I thought the same.

Brekkie

Staff member
That just screams Diary Room. Still wish they'd gone for anyone but Emma Willis to front it - really should have keep Maya Jama.