Skip to main content

The Circle UK - 2021

I still don't understand the format. Is it a mix of celebs and non-celebs all posing as celebs (be it themselves or other celebs)? Who are
Kaye and Nadia
?

I've said all along I don't think it's a format which needs a celebrity series or works with it. Much preferred them chucking a celeb in the main series as a cat-fish, and I think reversing that and throwing in a genuine celeb player into a civilian series would work better.

Also I'm confused - I actively avoid anything including the awful "GC", so do I want to watch a series that features her, even though it doesn't?

I've said all along I don't think it's a format which needs a celebrity series or works with it. Much preferred them chucking a celeb in the main series as a cat-fish, and I think reversing that and throwing in a genuine celeb player into a civilian series would work better.

Also I'm confused - I actively avoid anything including the awful "GC", so do I want to watch a series that features her, even though it doesn't?
Thank god it’s only 6 episodes.... As for celebrities in the civilian series I think it worked as a one off twist and could be reimagined again in the future but isn’t one that really needs to pop up in every series.

The more I learn about this series the more I’m unimpressed. Let’s hope it’s just 6 days of this mess and it’s a return to form for the civilian series.

Way too many catfishes, and poor catfishes at that. Even though out of all the reality shows around The Circle would suit will.i.am most, I really doubt he'd ever go for it so is clearly a catfish from the beginning.

Way too many catfishes, and poor catfishes at that. Even though out of all the reality shows around The Circle would suit will.i.am most, I really doubt he'd ever go for it so is clearly a catfish from the beginning.
Yeah I thought the same.

As much as this room looks amazing I’m not so thrilled for EW to be interacting with players from it. 4E09E767-7DDA-4342-834B-69A0ACB5CDAC.jpeg

That just screams Diary Room. Still wish they'd gone for anyone but Emma Willis to front it - really should have keep Maya Jama.

As much as this room looks amazing I’m not so thrilled for EW to be interacting with players from it.
I guess they had to give Emma something to do to justify her fee for the series. Otherwise she'd just be in the intro video at the start and the finale.

Emma really isn't needed, especially now it's pre-recorded. Her presence just reminds you of the shit twists BBUK had in it's final years, and that seems to be her role here.

The Celebrity Circle is actually very watchable but it is really annoying they are twisting the vote process of what is still very much a fledgling series for every vote, especially when their standard process of the contestants voting for influencers and those influencers deciding who to block is one of the better eviction mechanisms in reality TV. A twist should be just that - an occassional change to the usual process. If you use a different process for every vote it isn't a twist, it's inconsistency.

Started Tuesday, finishes Monday night - just 6 episodes. Fair play though for once in a show for charity the celebs actually did do it for free.

The main series then begins on Tuesday and runs for 21 episodes. Think it is every night except Saturdays.

Back