Skip to main content

The Circle UK - 2021

They do it every time but it still pisses me off when it ends on a cliffhanger. And they really are compromising the shows integrity with making up the rules as they go along, though for what it's worth I think there is a strong chance they'd have been the same outcome using the usual influencer process.

It does set things up nicely though - certainly doesn't seem like Manrika can steamroll to the end anymore.

For what it's worth my ratings:
1 - Syed
2 - Manrika
3 - Andy
4 - Felix
5 - Dot
6 - Vithan
7 - Gemma

Tally would have been 4th. Hashu so entertaining but Manrika carries the show. Andy is a good guy but perhaps coasting a bit and Natalya may prove the most sly catfish yet but I'm loving it. Dot going up in my estimation, whilst Vithan has disappeared - but his sneaky gameplay is a joy. And though I'm enjoying James playing more agressively he's created the most boring personality with Gemma.

Is everyone over this? Sick of Manrika. One of the n00bs we barely know will probably win.

I am guessing because this was recorded back in September, there will be no public involvement and the players will decide the winner. Its 100% going to be Manrika or Syed IMO.

She's not winning any popularity votes for sure but I love that she is playing the game and playing hard, and playing for the right reasons. That gets applauded on Survivor or the US/Canadian version of Big Brother, and should be applauded here - though of course when a man does it they're a genius, when a woman does it they're a bitch.

I didn't appreciate Vithan being targetted for what was nothing more than a bit of banter - it wasn't the "snake move" they made out. That said he was the right choice to go, but it's made it very unlikely more than 2 originals, if any, will make the final. Yes, it would be annoying if it was all newbies at the end but it's refreshing they're making an impact rather than getting booted out at the first opportunity.

Hashu (Syed) is playing a great game but hasn't really had to get any blood on his hands. I feel he needs a scalp to justify his victory and the perfect storyline is probably him taking out Felix.

This is quite a good post about Manrika from Reddit:

To everyone who says Manrika is just playing a game...​

... I understand that. Well, I mean, it's a bit more than 'just a game' because a lot of money is at stake to win, it's not just a game of Monopoly. My issue has never been the game playing. Everyone who comes in as a catfish is playing the game. Hashu/Syed, one of the most popular contestants, is playing a game by being a catfish.
My issue lies with her hypocrisy. She's angry at Vithun about the anon comment, but the FIRST time she asks him he admits it. But she still finds it unforgivable. And yet when she lies to Gemma/James about the snake painting, she can't understand why he's so angry that she did that.
She consistently votes people low, and then is 'surprised' when they're actually in that position.
She hates Gemma for getting Billy out when it was literally part of the game, but then constantly justifies her arguably snakey/manipulative actions with saying she's just playing the game.
She berates people for being nice in the chat for being fake (namely Gemma) but then jumps on newbies like a vulture saying she needs to lick arse (other contestants do this too).
She rates low and/or votes out people who she tells she has their back, but then says Andy is a gameplayer who doesn't have hers because of being a bit cold because he's justifiably upset that Vithun is gone. She was upset at the start too, but now she's saying Vithun had it coming!
Those are just some examples, but this is why I am finding it so frustrating to watch. Fair enough playing the game and doing it well, but I cannot stand hypocrites or the way she says she's in the right for things she berates others for. It makes me a bit sad knowing she may win this.

And you can read the replies here

This is quite a good post about Manrika from Reddit:

And you can read the replies here
I agree with all that,one of the comments says she is a narcissist..I agree with that too, she is really good at making people like her/support her but only if it benefits her,anyone who see's though her she gets rid of asap...she would be interesting but in the same time horrendous to see on big brother

I'm on a circle UK facebook group and all the contestants are on there ,Manrika is too

two new players

Attachments

• 168998995_4003389953076780_3815154888138702440_n.jpg
    168998995_4003389953076780_3815154888138702440_n.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 5
Article explaining how Vithun's confession to Manrika really went:

‘What happened was, obviously in the edit you see a very shortened version of it, so on the camera it was just Manrika going, “Was it you?” and I go, “Yes it was me.”

‘But in reality what had happened was, she had basically listed why it couldn’t be everyone else. Because Dorothy and Tally were answering the questions, there were only six people that it could’ve been. She obviously said it wasn’t her and so that’s down to five. She said that it wasn’t Felix.

‘Then she said that Gemma visited her the day before and said it wasn’t him. So then that cancels it down to just three people, me, Andy and Syed.’

With Syed (Hashu) offering up another question in broken English, it was clear that he wasn’t behind it, leaving just two players in the mix.

Vithun explained he felt ‘boxed into’ his confession, suggesting things could have been different had it been in a private chat between he and Manrika.

Full article: https://metro.co.uk/2021/04/04/the-...ess-to-manrika-over-anonymous-drama-14353751/

This is concluding nicely now. One of the best ever meetings in today's episode and a bit of a juicy alliance which is carrying the shows final days.

This is concluding nicely now. One of the best ever meetings in today's episode and a bit of a juicy alliance which is carrying the shows final days.
Haha yes that was a great ep today. But will they block the right player?

Well that was an unexpected twist in the narrative. Clearly Andy and/or Natalya watched the show in 2019 because they picked that up way too quick.

Though it has also resulted in a (possible) predictable end to the series. One newbie will go tomorrow, with the other coming last in the final ratings. I suspect in the final ratings, Andy/Felix/Syed will rate the remaining newbie last out of loyalty to the quartet, while Manrika will put them in first to push the other players down and will walk away as the winner as a result. Am now fully convinced she'll win this.

I suspect in the final ratings, Andy/Felix/Syed will rate the remaining newbie last out of loyalty to the quartet, while Manrika will put them in first to push the other players down and will walk away as the winner as a result. Am now fully convinced she'll win this.
You're probably right, but I hope not. She's had a massive edit though.

Genuinely happy for any of the core 4 to win - and they've all played the game tactically to an extent, but predictably only Manrika is getting flak from the public for it. It seems to be a young confident good looking woman on reality TV you need to pretend you're a young confident good looking man.

I think based on the last ratings I'd slightly favour Syed. I think how the newbie votes will be crucial - Syed and Andy will rank each other first, as will Manrika and Felix. I think both the first two will put Manrika second (Syed might even put her first). Manrika and Felix will probably differ on Syed and Andy, but logically it is surely between Manrika and Syed, which I think is what the series deserves. I just hope they don't second guess themselves too much and give us another Paddy - though to be honest only one of the newbies winning would be a poor end to the series.

Ultimately though the winner isn't what we're waiting for - it's the meeting between Felix and Manrika, which will inevitably be the first of the final dinner.

I put some rankings into a spreadsheet yesterday and if the two most tactical players (Manrika and Felix) rank Tom/Alice (whichever is still there) first, there's a possibility they could take it out. That would be awful, but not unprecedented (Paddy). But it's impossible to predict how they will approach the final ranking. Anyway I'd hope Syed can win.

Back