Skip to main content

The Circle UK - 2021

Started Tuesday, finishes Monday night - just 6 episodes. Fair play though for once in a show for charity the celebs actually did do it for free.

The main series then begins on Tuesday and runs for 21 episodes. Think it is every night except Saturdays.
Cheers. Watched two last night and will watch the next two tonight.

Although I still think the show has been too catfish heavy with just three people out of nine being themselves (compared to 5 from 9 in the cast next week), it's been quite entertaining and actually some of the celebs knowing each other has added something a little bit extra. I think the regular version will be better though and ultimately I think it could sustain two regular series a year considering it only runs for less than a month.

The Celebrity Circle has been the most interesting one to watch thus far because it's the first one (including the US one) where there has been players ("will.i.am" and "Rachel") that have realised that game isn't about blocking all the catfishes - its just about making it to the end and being the highest rank so you can win the game.

Brilliant launch show for the main series - such a good cast and a launch night twist that genuinely took viewers by surprise and harked back to the days when Big Brother would always outdo what people had predicted, rather than just do the predictable.

Celeb Circle was quite good. Too short for any proper alliance to be formed but still enjoyable. Saffron was a waste of space, what a bore. No idea why they cast her.

The Youtubers rarely are value for money but guess they bring in a younger crowd.

On to the main series though and so far, so good. So very good. Brilliantly cast, the best launch twist of a reality show since BBUK in 2005 IMO (the Makosi nomination twist) and arguably the best second episode of any reality series ever.

This show really has nailed the skill of cutting to the credits to create a cliffhanger to pull you into watching the next episode.

I'm really hoping this ends up panning out with Tally getting blocked and Yolanda staying on - if only to see the devastation on their faces when they realise they got it wrong. But then once Tally records her leaving message for the newsfeed, Yolanda is guaranteed to be the next one out the door...

Yes, they can't leave a message there, and not doing so will only raise suspicions too. For me that is one of the only things I'd change - I don't think they need the newsfeed reveals and should let the person the blocked player goes to see control the narrative of who they were.

BTW loved the first episode and the twist! I have yet to finish Celebrity Circle. I agree with most of the assessments in this thread although I’d say the constant catfish hunting did grate on me a bit.

Yes, they can't leave a message there, and not doing so will only raise suspicions too. For me that is one of the only things I'd change - I don't think they need the newsfeed reveals and should let the person the blocked player goes to see control the narrative of who they were.
Brilliant twist!

No doubt if the real Tally is blocked they’ll find a way to keep it hidden that Yolanda/Orange Tally isn’t legitimate. As much as I’d like twists to be kept at a minimum giving Tally a chance at revenge seems like a decent way to end this twist.

I’m not against video messages but the way they’re used it’s almost a clear indication that somethings afoot when they’re not. That said I think when they’re used under normal circumstances they’re decent at having players second guess and drives paranoia.

OK so I am finding all the white contestants (with the exception of Gemma the Gladiator) dull af. Penny is by far the worst so I hope they are out soon. If you're going to pose as a catfish you could at least make that person interesting and likeable. Blue Tally is really awful. I am sick of hearing about Andy's bowel. Billy is also a bore. Loving Syed though. And Vithun.

Last edited:
I feel similarly.

I don’t think I’m going to watch in real-time anymore, I might try and catch up once there’s a chunk at once (admittedly this is mainly because of the cliffhangers though - they kill me 😂). Unpopular opinion but I actually find the majority of the cast completely unappealing - and boring. The catfishes are all AWFUL too. Adding “Nurse” as your occupation without being able to back it up with evidence is bad enough... but let alone during the pandemic?! Ridiculous.

I don’t have much to say about the twist either. It’s clever. I don’t hate it. But I’m hoping it serves a better purpose other than unfairly fucking up a contestant’s entire game.

I don’t have much to say about the twist either. It’s clever. I don’t hate it. But I’m hoping it serves a better purpose other than unfairly fucking up a contestant’s entire game.
Might have worked better in the Celeb season. There were so many catfishes that the impostor could easily have had a catfish freaking out that their actual person had arrived.

I agree the cliffhangers this series have been brutal... So far I’m enjoying the series though.

I’m not bothered with the dullards in the cast just yet... We’ll have to wait and see just how far they make it. Rating this series seems to be far more strategic than it was last year so we’re likely to see a lot of shifts in power.

This twist so far has been brilliant... My biggest fear out of it all is that they’re going to push another one through too soon. In terms of resolution this twist could go either way so I’m not ready to say it’s set up to specifically blow up one players game.

"Yay". Back to the status quo.

Would've been more interesting if Tally had been blocked.

"Yay". Back to the status quo.

Would've been more interesting if Tally had been blocked.
Back to status quo for now... I’m on the fence about the results of that twist. On one hand Blue Tally really doesn’t add much to The Circle other than #geezergirl blah blah. I felt like Orange Tally did a much better job playing Tally than she did her initial catfish and really rose to the task of adapting to clone life. On the other hand I’m satisfied that the decision to keep Blue Tally came down to strategy.

I’m also glad this episode didn’t end on a massive cliffhanger like I’d anticipated... Yes it’s still a cliffhanger just less impactful.

It will be interesting to see who joins... Personally I’d like to see them introduce two newbies. At this point we’ve had three blockings and no one ‘new’ has really joined so I think we’re due and two are more likely to shake up dynamics than a single. I’d also like to see two authentic players rather than catfish as the series so far has been quite heavy handed in that regard.

I personally am really happy Tally stayed. I must be a sucker for editing tricks because this really made me root for her and really root against Yolanda. Penny (or that silly father and daughter duo) would have to be the worst player/s I’ve ever seen on the circle. Lmao they were so confident that they had done a great job but every time they had a conversation another player would just be more skeptical of them. The cast isn’t grabbing me as much as the season 1 & 2 cast did. But it’s still early days and hopefully some more interesting intruders to come.

I'm just glad Penny is gone (and thankful they didn't land the cloning twist).OG Tally going would have felt harsh but in the end I was happy with either staying.

Back