Skip to main content

The Circle - Series 2

Would would you prefer on Aussie TV next year?

• The Circle Australia

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Big Brother Australia

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

Kingston

Canadian Royalty
Premiering September 24th

5cf79829240000510b85775c.png

Can’t find a reference but read on TiBB that Fridays live show will be similar to BBOTS. Basically a live panel show with interviews etc.

Like I said in the other thread I hope it’s less of a set eviction schedule and more of a companion to the main show.

Also read that this series will be extended by two weeks.

This series has big shoes to fill. Hopefully it’s equally as entertaining as the premier.

I’m very much excited for this! I’m hoping it gets uploaded to dailymotion quite quickly so I can watch it.

I’m very much excited for this! I’m hoping it gets uploaded to dailymotion quite quickly so I can watch it.

Trust me I’ll be on the look out and will let you know what I find as soon as I do. Dailymotion isn’t my most preferred method of watching but I’ll take it over nothing I guess.

Decent premiere but it really feels like they are trying to be the next Big Brother. I enjoyed the first series and thought the format worked extremely well... Last night felt like it dragged on... For a 75 minute broadcast it felt like forever introducing 8 people. The presenting role felt even more useless than it had in the first series despite an increased role.

I didn't mind the premiere, though the audience cheering seemed faker than you hear on US tv. Cast seem ok. Second episode was better. Even the launch was better than last year, which truly dragged.

I didn't mind the premiere, though the audience cheering seemed faker than you hear on US tv. Cast seem ok. Second episode was better. Even the launch was better than last year, which truly dragged.

I agree... I enjoyed the second episode a lot more than I did the first. That said I can't help but feel they've added a lot of unnecessary padding even in the regular episodes. The greatest examples of this being having the influencers move to the "hang-out" to deliberate and the blocked players slow-motion hallway sequence.

What I loved most about the series the first time around was it's simplicity. They aren't doing themselves any favours by trying to make this show bigger than it needs to be.

Is a danger they'll do that but so far I think it is great and if it's a choice between The Circle and what BBUK had become then The Circle wins everytime. It's also been pretty well cast - Tim is one of the best reality stars in years and can shine in this individual format. He'd likely struggle in the Big Brother house.

Be interesting to see if the other live shows follow a similar format to the launch. I like the relaxed bar feeling of the show and it's all much more positive than a BBUK live show, but thought the studio seemed a bit cheap compared to what they used for the final last year. Emma Willis is of course a great host but she is too connected to Big Brother and that association is doing the show more harm than good and inviting comparisons the show doesn't really want. A shame Maya Jama wasn't retained but may have been a logistics issue with the show moving to Salford and last years hosts Maya and Alice both having weekend shows on Radio 1 based in London which air on Fridays and Saturdays, though if The Circle really wanted to retain at least one of them they could have had live shows on another night, whilst the BBC have radio studios in Salford which could probably be utilised.

People complaining it's too late at 10pm, I expect many of the viewers, like last year, will stream it at a more convenient time for them.

The presenter (we don't have to say 'host', it's a UK show) isn't that important to it, all reality shows should be mainly about the contestants. It thrived perfectly well without seeing the presenters last year. The only point of presenters in these kind of shows to me is interviewing those who are eliminated, and I suppose they still don't do that anyway.

It is too smooth, look at the gimmicky intro videos they did. It would be great if they went more back to basics, but producers are afraid of going back to the roots of reality tv, they prefer keeping to what they think is the latest fashion. I didn't mind the hangout, the slow motion wasn't needed. I wouldn't say it's been bigged up though, it's still quite budget, people noticed that the studio for the premiere was quite small.

Hopefully not many showmances and when they put new people in they don't do it for some contrived storyline like seemed the case last year with a couple of them.

The live show broke up the rhythm of the episode too much, and I don't care about the inane thoughts of zelebs, they may as well have given more time to those eliminated, or had a psychologist, anything but the zelebs. I'm happy about the first elimination though, just seemed like one of those CH5 BB HMs who sent BB to it's end, very simple and boring.

I'm happy about the first elimination though
Agreed. Ironically I thought she might have stayed longer had she been honest about her sexuality (despite it being otherwise completely irrelevant). She should have chosen a better profile pic as well. But of all of them I was not disappointed it was her that left.

The live show broke up the rhythm of the episode too much, and I don't care about the inane thoughts of zelebs, they may as well have given more time to those eliminated, or had a psychologist, anything but the zelebs. I'm happy about the first elimination though, just seemed like one of those CH5 BB HMs who sent BB to it's end, very simple and boring.

While I thought the live show was easier to stomach than the launch I tend to agree... The live show is completely unnecessary. As I said before the live show is more suited to being a companion to the main show rather than a necessary part of the action. The format is perfectly suited to play out without it and really didn't feel it lacked anything without a dedicated presenter or interviews.

As for the casting it's brilliant! Even at it's worst it's been miles ahead of the majority of RTV casting in a very long time.

Agreed. Ironically I thought she might have stayed longer had she been honest about her sexuality (despite it being otherwise completely irrelevant). She should have chosen a better profile pic as well. But of all of them I was not disappointed it was her that left.

Emma said it right in the interview that 100% had she been more of herself she'd have stayed longer. I can't think of anyone in The Circle right now that would have tried to change her or look down on her for her sexuality.

I disagree with @starry though... Emelle seems like a genuinely nice person, emotionally stable, and not even in the same league as the trash C5 BB put on air. She was merely a victim of the format and a very limited amount of screen time in the first two episodes. Since her blocking I think we've seen a lot more to her personality than we ever did in The Circle.

Back