Skip to main content

The Circle - Series 2

Would would you prefer on Aussie TV next year?

• The Circle Australia

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Big Brother Australia

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
The main interest to me is whether Ella can get into the final over one of the originals, it looks very possible at this point. Brooke hasn't really taken off, her pointing at the screen in a detached voice isn't engaging. Georgina has arguably declined but I think she's got a strong chance for the final with the alliances she has. I'm hoping Sammie makes it, it wouldn't be as interesting a final without a catfish. Woody seems a nice person, but he's a bit dull to me, sometimes I even forget his name.
I really like Ella and I hope she or Tim wins.

I don't want Sammie to win. Just seems wrong to reward a catfish twice in a row. What message does that send?

And I waited all day before clicking on this thread until after I watched the ep, and there weren't any spoilers in it lol.

I guess like last year half the jackpot will be decided by the players and half by the viewers. The nature of the show though means it makes sense for the participants to decide the winner, though I do think viewers appreciate the game too.
I don't think the cat fish issue matters at all - it's part of the game and I do think with James we're seeing that many of Sammie's qualities are actually his own.

Presumably now they'll stop with the new players and just begin to whittle them down. Just hope we find out who is blocked and who they meet tonight - not here for another cliffhanger. Hope there is another blocking tomorrow too considering it's been a week since the last actual blocking.

Brilliant episode tonight - probably the best of the series. Reality TV works so much better when it isn't based all around fighting.

And the meeting was just pure joy. Really feel as viewers we get more out of that than any studio based post-eviction interview.

Catfish v Catfish is quite fun too.

Last edited:
Well Tim may have just handed the game to Ella or Sammie. Can’t see him recovering much from tonight.
Hopefully.

Controversial opinion, but I'm not a Tim fan and haven't wanted him to win since very early, so I'm quite pleased after tonight's episode. I appreciate he's played a great game but I always tend to get a little over it once a reality contestant continues coming out on top week after week. It just gets too predictable, in my opinon. And regarding Tim, I admit I've been so impressed with how on the ball he's been all season, he's provided some comedic moments, but I just don't get the attraction towards him which I think is overhyped.

It also annoyed me that the one time he didn't become an Influencer, they didn't give the others an opportunity to take advantage of the power's full potential. I'd really love to see somebody else have a chance before the season ends.

I'm usually more fond of an underdog and, in this case, I'm actually leaning more toward a Georgina win at this point. Possibly even Sammie. While I haven't watched season 1 and understand how a catfish winning twice in a row could be perceived, I just feel like James has played the others brilliantly so far. I've found James' personality quite endearing too, he hasn't been two-dimensional and I get the feeling he has really been himself in there... all the while not actually being himself... (O_O⁉️)

Last edited:
Hopefully.

Controversial opinion, but I'm not a Tim fan and haven't wanted him to win since very early, so I'm quite pleased after tonight's episode. I appreciate he's played a great game but I always tend to get a little over it once a reality contestant continues coming out on top week after week. It just gets too predictable, in my opinon. And regarding Tim, I admit I've been so impressed with how on the ball he's been all season, he's provided some comedic moments, but I just don't get the attraction towards him which I think is overhyped.

It also annoyed me that the one time he didn't become an Influencer, they didn't give the others an opportunity to take advantage of the power's full potential. I'd really love to see somebody else have a chance before the season ends.

I'm usually more fond of an underdog and, in this case, I'm actually leaning more toward a Georgina win at this point. Possibly even Sammie. While I haven't watched season 1 and understand how a catfish winning twice in a row could be perceived, I just feel like James has played the others brilliantly so far. I've found James' personality quite endearing too, he hasn't been two-dimensional and I get the feeling he has really been himself in there... all the while not actually being himself... (O_O⁉️)

Wouldn’t say your opinion is controversial at all. I’m starting to feel the same way. Tim’s been riding on popularity for too long and it’s going to be his downfall at the end of the day.

You’re also spot on with Sammie/James. His game so far is been flawless. Without spoiling he’s played the best catfish game in either series by a long shot.

I do love how it being such a short concentrated series that the dynamics both within the group and for us watching in seem to change quite frequently. I too was tiring of Tim this week, but he won me over tonight with his bow ties. Just simple moments like that can change your opinions. That said though he was a bit of an arse with the Red Egg/Blue Egg twist and if he was the victim of the forthcoming Secret Influencer I wouldn't be too gutted to see him go - mainly as it shows the others are actually playing to win.

They'll be no more players after tonights twist, so probably nightly blockings until the final. At the moment Georgina is my pick to win, but I'd be fine with Woody, Sammie or Tim winning too. That would be a decent final 4 really, but suspect Ella will be in that mix too.

I do love how it being such a short concentrated series that the dynamics both within the group and for us watching in seem to change quite frequently. I too was tiring of Tim this week, but he won me over tonight with his bow ties. Just simple moments like that can change your opinions. That said though he was a bit of an arse with the Red Egg/Blue Egg twist and if he was the victim of the forthcoming Secret Influencer I wouldn't be too gutted to see him go - mainly as it shows the others are actually playing to win.

They'll be no more players after tonights twist, so probably nightly blockings until the final. At the moment Georgina is my pick to win, but I'd be fine with Woody, Sammie or Tim winning too. That would be a decent final 4 really, but suspect Ella will be in that mix too.

It’s definitely going to be an interesting final. I’d say Sammie/James is now my favourite to win. Catfish or not I think he’s played the best game out of all of them. Georgina, Ella, and Woody are close seconds. Tim’s been great but it feels as if he’s almost given up after the last blocking. Being “nice” can really only take a person so far in a game like this. I’d be ok with a win but I’d also not lose sleep if he came in at the bottom.

My wish is that whomever the super influencer is goes after either Josh or Joyce. There’s still a lot of time left in the game and it’s still too early for a major power grab.

Last edited:
It's like the public are virtually deciding who goes next, which doesn't fit with what the program is meant to be about.

Woody is himself playing a role, this detective thing is tiresome to me now. I wouldn't be upset if he didn't get to the end. But with the pushing of certain people like him in the live show it wouldn't surprise me if he wins the latest vote. I still think the producers probably encouraged him to take that role, but with Tim already being the detective there was already enough of that going on anyway.

I don't really think we are deciding who goes next as I honestly don't have much of an idea on how the players would use their vote, especially now we're at the business end, and especially as it is secret. If it was public it would be out of Joyce, Josh and Paddy for sure but as it is secret I think they'll take a scalp - I've a feeling Ella might be most at risk. The only thing I'm certain of is that Woody will try and go for a catfish for his own amusement.

I also think with Woody you've got to remember they're alone in there 24/7 with not much to do other than to think about their fellow players. I think Woody is doing nothing more than entertaining himself.

Also had a thought last night - what if we're being catfished? Producers could easily have someone playing as "Tim" for example, and then their chats being re-enacted by the real Tim for our viewing.

P.S. As for the Secret Influencer though I'd be happy with anyone of the originals but Tim really I voted for Sammie just so they haven't got a clue who it is when they come knocking on the door. If James is smart too he'll have a bit more fun with it by pretending to be another player too.

And though I don't think it'll give us much of a moment I'd most like Paddy to go next - really don't think he offers anything to the show now.

I also think with Woody you've got to remember they're alone in there 24/7 with not much to do other than to think about their fellow players. I think Woody is doing nothing more than entertaining himself.

They aren't always alone, production staff can go in and talk to them.

Looks like there is a US series too and a French one,the US series is being filmed now in the building they used last year

Umm Alex says in the video I posted above that the building they used last year was sold which is why production moved... Where did you get this information from?

Yes... Most likely as a cost saving measure.
on a circle group chat group,Kate aka Jay is in there,Tim's partner and some people from last year

I find it fascinating that they're flying the US contestants (and most likely French and Brazilian casts) in to film the international versions in the UK.

If they're indeed planning on using the current building(s), I'm guessing it's due to the pre-existing infrastrasture and logistical/technological set-up that's already in place. It'd definitely be a lot more cost and time effective this way, at least initially.

Back