Skip to main content

The Circle on Netflix

I think Nick being less annoying than Joey is part of the probem - makes him less entertaining. Don't find Daniel to be "over the top" either - in the nicest possible way he's quite bland. He somehow played himself out of the game too - he should have actually been in a fairly strong position with good relationships on both sides but he just put all his eggs in the Kai side of the game and crashed out.

I just think they're actually all too nice this year and with some like Nick, Isabella and previously Jackson we've not really seen their motivations for why they are there or much of their story and therefore struggle to get behind them.

If it were up to me:

1. Nick
2. Ashley
3. Kai
4. Isabella
5. James

And as I said earlier I'd have been good with any of my top three winning, so yeah, it's a really disappointing result.

The format always leads to a questionable result but I'm happy enough with the outcome. He was a dominant player in the later stages, and for someone who came in relatively late, rather than in an early batch of newcomers, that is quite remarkable. He also carried an original through to the final, and had we ranked as a viewer I think he or Kai would have been my top choice, followed by Nick, Ashley and Isabella.

Happy with 2nd too, although I think his catfishing was more remarkable than his game. Nick finishing last was harsh but inevitable.

Anyway, pretty noteable on the day Big Brother USA will have it's first black winner in 23 regular series that The Circle has now crowned two in three seasons.

Nick, Ashley, or Isabella were definitely my top 3 to win the series but I can live with James. I agree with Brekkie that while James let two close allies go in back to back blockings it’s still pretty remarkable that he was able to find a place amongst the more established players let alone be in the influencer position multiple times.

Nick, Ashley, or Isabella were definitely my top 3 to win the series but I can live with James. I agree with Brekkie that while James let two close allies go in back to back blockings it’s still pretty remarkable that he was able to find a place amongst the more established players let alone be in the influencer position multiple times.
Could be that 'the band' ranked him higher because he was perceived as being in a weak position, having blocked two of his allies in a row.

I guess it's a good strategy to appear weak at the end, the way this show works. Future players take note: your numbers will ultimately work against you. Betray them before it's too late! Be the underdog.

Have the details of the final ratings been released. Presumably he got first from Kai and at least 3rd from the rest.

That's one of the things I liked about the end of the third UK series - the finale ended with all the finalists revealing exactly how their final rankings went so that we could see exactly how the ended up what it was instead of just leaving it as a mystery.

Results of a Reddit poll for Favourite Player for the US season:
  1. Nick - 554
  2. Kai - 538
  3. Ashley/Matthew - 442
  4. James - 236
  5. Calvin - 202
  6. Daniel - 191
  7. Isabella/Sophia - 151
  8. Ruksana - 149
  9. Jacki - 136
  10. Jackson/Rachel - 33
  11. Michelle - 26
  12. Ava/(&Chanel) - 13

Have the details of the final ratings been released. Presumably he got first from Kai and at least 3rd from the rest.
I don't know if this is accurate but there's this:

11pcj277ffq71.png

Had Ashley/Matt put his allies first (Nick then Isabella) he'd have won. As it happened he caused a draw between himself and James with James winning because he'd been influencer more or ranked higher overall or however they decide that.

They look reasonable - The Band were always going to rate James above Kai and Nick was always going to be the lowest rated member of The Band.

I can't believe James let half his alliance get blocked. Sadly I can't see anyone but Nick winning now.

James screwed over himself and Kai in the worst way. What's the point of getting to the final if you have no one to vote for you?

Sorry just revisiting the early parts of the thread. This post didn't age well. 🤣🤣🤣

It worked out perfectly for James, as Matthew thought the same thing and ranked him first thinking it would boost his own position. Instead it handed James the win.

Being the underdog in the F5 has its perks.

I do think returning to a final 4 rather than final 5 might leave slightly less room for manipulation - and getting someone like Nick out before the final rather than him finishing in 5th place is probably more satisfying for the viewer.

Back