Skip to main content

The Bridge Australia

Watched the first episode. Really enjoyed it. I have an instinctual recoil from overly produced, edited reality TV shows but I did enjoy and will watch another tonight.

The first UK series had quite a few mistakes for others to learn from, and hence the second series (which nobody was really expecting) is quite different from the first and brings in a presenter and survival expert to lead the show too.

The first UK series had quite a few mistakes for others to learn from, and hence the second series (which nobody was really expecting) is quite different from the first and brings in a presenter and survival expert to lead the show too.
The show doesn’t need a host or survival expert but I do like the initial twist used for season 2. I’m definitely standing by my statement that the Australian series is the superior format.

I'm surprised at the girth of the logs they have to use. Surely they could use much thinner ones, but I suppose producers want to make it difficult.

Also noting the use of BEEEEUUUUUW. :biggrin:

4th Episode has been released on P+. I don’t think I’ll be able to watch until Monday night tho.
Must be released Friday morns.

Another decent episode.

I can’t stand most of the masculine toxicity and narcissism from most of the straight men on this, especially Dean and Tony. But I do love how their inclusion affects the dynamic. Also loving how simply “no-BS” Tiana is - her voice was very much needed in that group Q&A chat.

I appreciate those that are there to play the game. (Dean can fuck off with his comments… what an idiot.) Madison is so damn good at being (or at least attempting to be) strategic too. As is Allira, although I’m not so sure she executed that plan well. She did get her away with the elimination so I give big kudos for that.

Also, how dramatic is the narration! “The team is ripped apart… everything is about to burn to the ground”. Okuurr Hugo. 😂

Waiting a week for one episode is VERY frustrating though.

I watched about 3/4 of the second episode this morning but haven’t finished it yet. I’m going to wait until tomorrow to catch up.

I couldn’t help but think that I’d seen Steve’s face before and it turns out he’s also one of the almost 5000 people I follow on IG.

I just watched Ep 4 during my lunch, it was really good. One person is absolutely devastated. It's day 11 in this episode so they can see the end is drawing closer and some of them are beginning to strategise. A few factions have appeared trying to form groups of ppl so they can split the $$$ 4 or 5 ways in alliances, its interesting to see who they pan out & how others are affected by the conversations. It gets a bit heated towards the end & then like the Theorist stated, Hugo makes his dramatic narration - an evil twist is afoot in the coming episodes ...

Allira has come across as quite a nasty piece of work..

I find it slightly hypocritical how Dean is so fixated on there being liar(s) within the group who have 'stolen' $20,000 - however he readily admits he wants to bluff everyone so they choose him to walk the bridge, where he openly admits to the viewers that if he is chosen - he intends to take all the $$$ for himself ... Every opportunity that he gets to talk about it he refers to them as DOGS for taking the $20K yet if he crosses the bridge alone he intends to keep if all for himself ???

All these people make this show interesting....

I joined P+ just to take advantage of their 7 days free trial, so I will be ditching it tommorow & watching online when its uploaded from now on.

Jonesy reminds me a bit of Pete Timbs. He does seem familiar and I'm not sure if it's because of that, or if it was from him kayaking across the Tasman.

I find it slightly hypocritical how Dean is so fixated on there being liar(s) within the group who have 'stolen' $20,000 - however he readily admits he wants to bluff everyone so they choose him to walk the bridge, where he openly admits to the viewers that if he is chosen - he intends to take all the $$$ for himself ... Every opportunity that he gets to talk about it he refers to them as DOGS for taking the $20K yet if he crosses the bridge alone he intends to keep if all for himself ???

I'll check out ep 4 over the weekend.

I assume Dean is just playing up an act. Trying to socially engineer the group to reject taking any more money if the opportunity arises. Which is silly, of course, everyone should take 10 grand if offered like that.

I'm sure everyone would and everyone knows everyone would. So I probably comes off as obvious what he is doing.

Not to spoil for those that haven't seen, I did find it halrious how obvious the guy who took the 10grand was making it. While I don't know what happens in Ep 4, it's stupid for him to want the other person who got the 10 grand gone, because surely they'll of course just outright tell the group. Any incentive to keep the lie will be gone.

Do we know how many episodes this is yet?
This is the only thing I could find re how many episodes.

a.jpg

And it is confusing as it suggests 7 episodes but the last one is ep 1??? But I'm thinking it is 6 episodes, however this suggests that the the final 3 episodes would be available on the 26th, which didn't happen.

I think there'd have to be more than six episodes, because P+ would want people to stick around and continue subscribing into the next month. If people are that fickle.

Back