Skip to main content

The Block

Without the fake drama, there would be no block.
You are right.
I would prefer it without the drama, same with the old BB (the new BB is not BB, lol) one thing I didn't like was the fights. I am content just to watch the interaction but I know I am not in the majority (sigh) Life gives us enough drama IMO
So you don't think the dramas are real? I try to see the manipulation but there is so much I don't see, until it is pointed out to me in the forum

Let’s play a drinking game….
Every time Scotty the asshole say the biggest, you chug
Every time Scotty says, never before… you chug.
At this rate we‘lol all be in AA tomorrow.

Last edited:
You are right.
I would prefer it without the drama, same with the old BB (the new BB is not BB, lol) one thing I didn't like was the fights. I am content just to watch the interaction but I know I am not in the majority (sigh) Life gives us enough drama IMO
So you don't think the dramas are real? I try to see the manipulation but there is so much I don't see, until it is pointed out to me in the forum
They manipulate the drama by firstly setting unrealistic time frames to complete rooms...making the contestants stretch themselves to breaking point and exhaustion. When people are tired they'll sometimes try anything to get ahead...perhaps even "cheating" and then they also can make mountains out of molehills and monumental mistakes. Yes, the producers manufacture the drama but I try to see past it all.

Without the fake drama, there would be no block.
BTW belated thanks to youse guyse, haven't watched for a couple of weeks.
Your synopses are more than enough for me
So great to avoid the anxiety of watching the obvious biases of the judges grrrrrrr
You've saved me a lot of time (wasted on watching MAFS UK I admit)
Cheers!

You do know, a week on The Block is about 10 - 14 days.
Yes, I am aware that the time frames are different from what the show portrays BUT they are still unrealistic. eg I had a games room, study and undercover outdoor area recently built...it took over twelve months! AND they are not really big rooms....although the games room is quite large...like HUGE!

Yes, I am aware that the time frames are different from what the show portrays BUT they are still unrealistic. eg I had a games room, study and undercover outdoor area recently built...it took over twelve months! AND they are not really big rooms....although the games room is quite large...like HUGE!

You can get an entire house built in under 12 months.

They manipulate the drama by firstly setting unrealistic time frames to complete rooms...making the contestants stretch themselves to breaking point and exhaustion. When people are tired they'll sometimes try anything to get ahead...perhaps even "cheating" and then they also can make mountains out of molehills and monumental mistakes. Yes, the producers manufacture the drama but I try to see past it all.

Haven't watched The Block in years. I used to post on The Blocks facebook page the editing errors. eg: so, called large arguments between Dea etc. I pointed out the different hairscuts & clothes, they had. I got permanently banned. lol

You can get an entire house built in under 12 months.
You used to be able to do that (our original house took four months to build) but apparently not during COVID times. Every delay is blamed on COVID from difficulty sourcing materials to labour shortages. Scotty touched on the material problem last week...they were unable to get enough of a particular particle board for everyone so some builds were delayed. BUT miraculously they all seem to deliver mostly finished rooms in "5-6 days"...even if it actually takes them two weeks. Haha! It is still an unrealistic time frame imo.

That's nasty and unnecessary IMO. Sad that TV Reality can't just be real (sigh)

Haha! SJ buying ciggies from her Block account! Too funny!

And it's hilarious she runs her "office" from her bed...wish I could do that.

Last edited:
Geez I hate subway tiles in a brick pattern. Herringbone is fine...sometimes. Finger or "kitkat" tiles...ummm no! Terrible to clean the grout (unless in a "dry" area).

A&S may be hard work and some of their design choices questionable BUT their builders are no help whatsoever! Wouldn't hire those guys ever!

A&S may be hard work and some of their design choices questionable BUT their builders are no help whatsoever! Wouldn't hire those guys ever!

Couldn't agree more! They definitely don't work nearly as hard as they think they do, and their house is ugly (sorry, but it is!), but their builders are fucking awful. Especially that little ginger jockey looking prick. He's so disrespectful and I can't stand the way he patronises them. Also, how's about him flogging their sinks and tiles. What a dick.

Couldn't agree more! They definitely don't work nearly as hard as they think they do, and their house is ugly (sorry, but it is!), but their builders are fucking awful. Especially that little ginger jockey looking prick. He's so disrespectful and I can't stand the way he patronises them. Also, how's about him flogging their sinks and tiles. What a dick.
Yep, he's a smug little prick for sure! And about flogging the basins and tiles...I once had a builder who pinched my left over tiles (and plenty of other stuff) and my fucking clothesline! Bloody cowboy! His apprentice returned them to me because he knew it wasn't the right thing to do. Of course, I sacked the builder in question after he had fulfilled his contract but not finished the build. I got another builder to complete it and was much happier with him. A&S should do the same.

You do know they have been on the Block before, last time with Ronnie & Georgia. And none had a problem with them. All praised them etc. I know the chippie was on last time with Ronnie & Georgia

Last edited:
Those builders have been on with two past teams and two past seasons of the blocks..Ronnie and Georgia and Deb and Andy all think very highly of them
The basins ,well there was an agreement that the builder could take them and he took the payment off his bill ,she then turned around and
said he stole them so he gave them back and put the money back on his bill.
I have seen a post from Liam where he says Ankur and Sharon were unapproachable ,he also had a apprentice three days a week just doing the cleaning ,Ankur did help but would leave the stuff in his car for days.
When they were said not to be on site...they went to lunch and told keith in the driveway that they were going off site

Last edited:
Back