Skip to main content

The Birthday Thread

hold onto your sweet tooth ...

12028733_781405435301942_3303845691989220974_o.jpg

12010627_781402911968861_2276097571286497016_o.jpg

raspberry bliss ... meringue/pavlova with cornflakes to make it slightly chewy ... layered with white chocolate mousse with fresh raspberries ... topped off with large swirls of white, milk and dark chocolate

anyone who tries it is instantly converted and won't have any other birthday cake

I should be on commission from local cake shop/cafe that make it :)

hold onto your sweet tooth ...

12028733_781405435301942_3303845691989220974_o.jpg

12010627_781402911968861_2276097571286497016_o.jpg

raspberry bliss ... meringue/pavlova with cornflakes to make it slightly chewy ... layered with white chocolate mousse with fresh raspberries ... topped off with large swirls of white, milk and dark chocolate

anyone who tries it is instantly converted and won't have any other birthday cake

I should be on commission from local cake shop/cafe that make it :)
That looks super good!

I love berries in my cake, my favourite being black forest so this is so tempting!

Well I hope something is reserved for you on the weekend, and you can enjoy it with all those that matter, or ditch them and enjoy the days to yourself

That looks super good!

I love berries in my cake, my favourite being black forest so this is so tempting!

Well I hope something is reserved for you on the weekend, and you can enjoy it with all those that matter, or ditch them and enjoy the days to yourself
it is THE BEST cake ever!
anyone who tries it wants to know where I get them and then it becomes THEIR favourite occasion cake (I SHOULD be on commission!) Just wish I had a recipe for it!
We are waiting for son to come home from Townsville so we can all be together and celebrate birthdays, Father's Day and all the other Days he has missed :)

it is THE BEST cake ever!
anyone who tries it wants to know where I get them and then it becomes THEIR favourite occasion cake (I SHOULD be on commission!) Just wish I had a recipe for it!
We are waiting for son to come home from Townsville so we can all be together and celebrate birthdays, Father's Day and all the other Days he has missed :)
That sounds lovely- one big family catch up.

I suck at making meringues, I have no chance with anything like this. That place you purchase it from should consider online orders, if they have not done so already.

That sounds lovely- one big family catch up.

I suck at making meringues, I have no chance with anything like this. That place you purchase it from should consider online orders, if they have not done so already.
not sure it would reach you in one piece ... it needs to be eaten same day ... leftovers no later than next day (but honestly - it NEVER lasts long enough to become leftovers lol)
so if you want one you'll have to come up for a visit :tongue:

Back