Skip to main content

The best classic episodes of Big Brother

With all the extra technology we should be getting more content not less.

I 100% agree. With live streaming and social media at it's peak, this would be an amazing time to utilise these online platforms and viewing habits to really pump out the original BB format. People of my age love streaming things on their laptop late at night, a perfect setup for BB live feeds. With instagram and snapchat there are multiple platforms to use for live streaming and ways to deliver content. Complete missed opportunity.

I 100% agree. With live streaming and social media at it's peak, this would be an amazing time to utilise these online platforms and viewing habits to really pump out the original BB format. People of my age love streaming things on their laptop late at night, a perfect setup for BB live feeds. With instagram and snapchat there are multiple platforms to use for live streaming and ways to deliver content. Complete missed opportunity.

Completely agree. The fact that with this format we get no content at all Wednesday-Saturday is disappointing. By the way are you the Dennis that won the quiz on Elder Sibling Monday night?

Completely agree. The fact that with this format we get no content at all Wednesday-Saturday is disappointing. By the way are you the Dennis that won the quiz on Elder Sibling Monday night?

Haha yes that is me :) I've been meaning to play the trivia each week but keep forgetting. I was really happy Reggie gave me a little shout out.

Cool. Congratulations! I thought it was you because of the charity thing you wrote about that had Reggie and Vesna involved.

Yes! I completely forgot to write about it when it happened due to being completely focused on my VCE studies at the time. My mother and I were so happy to help out Vesna with the charity she did for Reggie. The night itself was a success from memory however the only BB housemate we managed to get to come was Danielle from 2006. However I got to meet Reggie for a 2nd time and got to meet Vesna through the process who me and my mother still have occasional contact with.

Yes! I completely forgot to write about it when it happened due to being completely focused on my VCE studies at the time. My mother and I were so happy to help out Vesna with the charity she did for Reggie. The night itself was a success from memory however the only BB housemate we managed to get to come was Danielle from 2006. However I got to meet Reggie for a 2nd time and got to meet Vesna through the process who me and my mother still have occasional contact with.

Thats good to hear. Reggie is still one of my favourite housemates ever.

Thats good to hear. Reggie is still one of my favourite housemates ever.

She is one of mine as well, probably. She's exactly the same in real life as she was in the show as well. I remember meeting her and we asked her about when Gretel had announced she had won the $250,000 and how she said "I thought it was a play station". She was telling us she saw it by Gretel's feet and it was pretty much on her mind whilst Gretel was talking haha. It's a moment my family had to continuously rewind and rewatch, that itself is probably one of my fave iconic moments of BB. I'd much rather watch someone naive happy about winning a play station rather than focusing on the insta fame they wanna chase after the show.

Ya, I have been thinking, if you had been living in a cave all these years or sent to the future from the 70's in a time machine, and you came back and somebody showed you this years' BB and then showed you 2005 BB... You would think that this years version is from the 90's and the 2005 version is 2020, and would be blown away by the 2005 version.

The only decent thing about that episode was when Big Brother was talking to the friends and family in the lounge was that there was a power cut and the show cut to an ad-break just as the lights inside the house were dying. I like to think it was the universe's way of telling them to pull the plug on it.

...or was that the 2012 episode of the same "twist"? I don't really care enough to check.
Do you know what ep this was? Id love to see the power cut happen.

Related: lovely nostalgic montage of all the intros, house tours and winners.

At the end where they show the 2014 house tour all I could think of was how the house got trashed and burnt down, which at the time I thought was the perfect metaphor for what Nine had done to the show. But then Seven came along and said "hold my beer".

Is this you @matts bb ?

BB13 Drew and Tim's day spa. Big Brother setting up Tim to fail at giving Tahan her hair dryer - twice. And Drew's epic laugh the second time when Tim came out of the DR holding the empty ice cream container.

Rewatched a bit of the White Room Wildcard entry episode of 2007 last night in prep for whatever they gonna do with the 2020 iteration.

* I thought I remembered Kara red buttoned too after Cruz took the money and walked after having a meltdown but she made it to the last night and was voted out the first round by Harrison and Demet
* Funny watching this back Gretel detailing the strategy side of the housemates watching the FNL Arena round and voting in a 'friend' or 'another competitor' contrasting with 2020.
* Billy didn't vote because they hadn't decided he was an Official HM at that point - the others were speculating he was about to be replaced with the White Room contestant, That would've been a hot twist on top of the several they'd already started the season with haha.

Back