Skip to main content

The best classic episodes of Big Brother

Lightning McQueen

Seeing as this year's Big Brother isn't worth watching, I've decided to watch some classic episodes.

I thought it might be fun if we put down our favourite classic episodes (plus it gives me something to watch).

I've started with my two favourite nominations nights - the night in 2012 when Estelle listened to Michael's nomination and swiftly put him up. And then the night in 2013 when the friends and family helped the housemates nominate... Tim's dad should have been a housemate hahaha.

What are your favourite classic episodes?

Big brother 2003 first episode with Ben all by himself in the round house. And the next when Jo the lawyer joined him.

Belinda leaving.

Big Brother 2004

Bree being wrongly evicted and her return.

Paul's argument with Merlin

Merlin's protest at his eviction

Big Brother 2005

When those three housemates got busted for being with someone on the outside when they were meant to be single

Vesna's arrival

Every episode Estelle survived.

The water throwing incident with Ben and Bradley.

When Cat and Lawson were shown the video of them in the sanctuary and their reaction to it.

The houses becoming one
Mariam entering the house
David revealing he was gay ep
Karen and Krystal being revealed as mother and daughter
Billy entering the house as Hayley’s ex
Hayley and Andrew being revealed as a couple
The boys getting soap in Travis’ eyes

Tbh it's hard to think of episodes because it's been so long since I've seen them but I do remember storylines that evolved in the show like Tim's journey in 2005, Emma v Rebecca in 2007, Nobbi's adventures in the Kombi and Bianca being angry all of the time in 2008, plus other stuff.

Yess, the episode where the family and friends got to nominate was tv gold.
The only decent thing about that episode was when Big Brother was talking to the friends and family in the lounge was that there was a power cut and the show cut to an ad-break just as the lights inside the house were dying. I like to think it was the universe's way of telling them to pull the plug on it.

...or was that the 2012 episode of the same "twist"? I don't really care enough to check.

wow quite a few memorable moments already mentioned!

Who can forget when we used to have split houses.

The ‘Clawson’ saga. All of it. Every single bit.

Carlo washing his backside in the kitchen sink. With the dishcloth.

”Belindagate” forcing BB into a legal black-out and everyone out here wondering wtf...

Gretel trying to interview Merlin post-eviction, then getting pissed off and chastising him.

The endless laughs we managed to squeeze of out photoshopping Merlin’s protest sign.

The whole MLS t-shirt scam that Fryzie had going with his mates as code for “I‘m in trouble and I need votes this week”

Rewatched that clip recently of David & Perry (2006) having a chat about being 'strategic' and 'Playing the game' and David cracking it and almost walking. Funny to look back on how being accused of being a 'Game player' was such a clutch the pearls almost insult back then to 2020's version where a large part of the show revolves around the strat part of the game.

Rewatched that clip recently of David & Perry (2006) having a chat about being 'strategic' and 'Playing the game' and David cracking it and almost walking. Funny to look back on how being accused of being a 'Game player' was such a clutch the pearls almost insult back then to 2020's version where a large part of the show revolves around the strat part of the game.

I remember how there use to be so many ridiculous nominations about playing the game like they all didn't put their lives on hold for three months just to try to win some money. Like the nominee thought that we would believe they came there just for a holiday.

Reactions: mia
Big Brother 2005

When those three housemates got busted for being with someone on the outside when they were meant to be single
God, a reminder that Big Brother could be a crock of shit even in the Ten days. That was absolutely pathetic by producers and irrelevant to the show or the format. Once you're in the house you're in - nobody watching cares about your situation outside the house.

Oooh Yes! How quickly we’ve gone from “I’m here for the experience” to “I’m here to win the money” 😀

I remember how there use to be so many ridiculous nominations about playing the game like they all didn't put their lives on hold for three months just to try to win some money. Like the nominee thought that we would believe they came there just for a holiday.

Also brings to mind from 2006, remember the entire special they crafted out of 'Under The Radar' with the Lie detector? Actually just took a quick search, this appears to be across THREE separate specials that year haha (2 Lie detectors for viewer questions and an under the radar where we got to add to the nominees for double eviction).

God, a reminder that Big Brother could be a crock of shit even in the Ten days. That was absolutely pathetic by producers and irrelevant to the show or the format. Once you're in the house you're in - nobody watching cares about your situation outside the house.
Actually Big Brother was right to do it. They made it clear that in that season (however trashy it seems) that they wanted all singles in the house so that they would hook up. Constance, Nelson and Dean all lied about this, and so were punished accordingly.

That was the whole premise of that season though likely because producers wanted to encourage hook ups in the house for ratings. So I kind of get it.

2005's 'Liars eviction' was also kinda ironic in retrospect given the cheating scandals of 2013 (Drew/Tully) & 2014 (Clawson). TEN were trying to get rid of the coupled-on-the-outside HM's to get some action happening, 9's more family friendly angle ended up having these two big controversial relationships emerge during the course of the season.

Back