Skip to main content

The Bachelorette Australia 2016

Hey! third time lucky. Surely, if they're going back for thirds, the talent pool is very shallow or indeed dry.

This show.....now officially DESPERATE in every way.

Nope.

Can't believe Channel 10 fell for this stunt. Because that's what it is. A fameho played them.

She is 37, line up 40 year old divorcees and losers:)

I imagine it will be a shorter version, dates Sophie can do will be limited to action things, since she can't speak properly - and certainly cannot converse for long.
Likely it will be like Celeb Apprentice, she basically fell asleep for the first half, then they gave her shove and woke her up for the rigged end - Tim was robbed.

I don't mind Sophie Monk, but isn't the whole point of these shows to take someone who isn't famous and find them "love"? They can be "famous" as in "they appeared on another season of the same franchise", but not famous famous. It's a really bad idea.

I think the Bachelorette - has always been sucky, Sam Stupid, Georgia famewhore, and Sophie - all suck. And that pattern is all of them have been well known girls.

Probably can't get any normal girls....they gave up whilst watching all the other gross romance shows, all weirdos.
Sophie has probably signed a deal to do Celeb Jungle if she can do famewhore Batch, and this could be funny, as she is just as likely to fall for the camera man and run off.

Georgia and Lee still together at the Logies tonight

15076c50a6c22bbf35497104ff702316

Style tip -never wear strapless to sit down events, never looks right, and they always end up tugging on the top all night
Especially bad taste for dinners, too much uncontrolled flesh flopping about,puts you off the food

LOL
Line up UGLY losers, recruit from Centrelink, give her a good serve of humble - I mean she is no catch is she, does she even have a job???

Oh, hooray! I, for one, am thrilled. She's witty and dry, and not inane... Plus we'll have more mature men - harder to have a line-up of boofy would-be models in the over 35s, surely? Anyway, I love her and can't get enough of her (and she's not Sam Freaking Frost Mark 2!)

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2017/04/sophie-monk-named-as-next-bachelorette.html

Sophie Monk named as next Bachelorette
April 24th, 2017 By David Knox

Singer, radio presenter and Reality TV face Sophie Monk has been surprisingly announced as TEN’s next Bachelorette.

The former Australia’s Got Talent judge, 37, has previously been linked to a number of profile men.

“My Mum was the person who suggested that I should be The Bachelorette. She, along with the rest of my family, know how much it means to me to find the right person to settle down with.

“I moved back to Australia a couple of years ago and I’ve embraced life back in the suburbs on the Gold Coast. I love having my parents and family nearby, and spending time with my niece and nephews, but I’m missing that one person to share it with.”

TEN Chief Content Officer, Beverley McGarvey, said: “The Bachelorette Australia is a love story and a fairy tale.

“Australia has known and loved Sophie for more than 15 years and has followed the ups and downs of her love life.

“We are delighted she has agreed to join The Bachelorette Australia and let the nation enjoy her search to find happily ever after,” she said.

Casting a known personality is a first for TEN, which may bring a following but also comes with perceptions about its lead star which may work against it.

Monk, who rose to fame in Popstars said, “I’m in the public eye, but away from that I’m just a regular woman and I’m open to committing fully to finding love on The Bachelorette Australia. After life experience with some of the wrong men, what I want to find above all else is a man who is kind and genuine.”

Hosted by Osher Günsberg and produced by Warner Bros International Television Production Australia it will air later this year.

Guys don't worry about Sophie Monk! She is fun. She has a great sense of humour about herself and is likeable and down to earth.

Here is her recent appearance on Hard Chat with Tom Gleeson. This might change your mind on her:

Casting a known personality is a first for TEN, which may bring a following but also comes with perceptions about its lead star which may work against it.

BULLSHIT - all of the Bachelorettes have been somewhat 'known', Sam - dumped previous contestant, Georgia - famewhore TV presenter, they have just moved up a step each time...

I did like Sophie, she used to be funny, but she was creepy and stupid on Celeb Apprentice, she did not deserve to win - and it seemed so rigged that she did, she was asleep for the first half of the series.

Why doesn't she sing, ever?
She has a really good voice, wasn't she classically trained and stuff?

I adore Sophie, she is funny and cool and seems to be a genuinely nice, kind hearted person, and well, she's not looking for 15 minutes of fame, is she? I also liked Sam and Georgia though I must say.

I find this a very strange move, it would be better for a celebrity spin off.

At nearly 40 with multiple failed engagements I wonder if there is more to Sophie than we see, but maybe she goes for the wrong men and needs a helping hand. Hopefully they have good intentions themselves!

I did like Sophie, she used to be funny, but she was creepy and stupid on Celeb Apprentice, she did not deserve to win - and it seemed so rigged that she did, she was asleep for the first half of the series.

Why doesn't she sing, ever?
She has a really good voice, wasn't she classically trained and stuff?

I personally thought Sophie was great on Celeb Apprentice. She was one of the most likeable of that season's cast and it reminded me how funny she can be. She didn't come across creepy to me at all. May I ask what you thought was creepy about her? :) I did think the final was swayed towards her winning instead of Tim Dormer. Didn't they film 2 endings? I have a wild theory that the producers see who is more likeable while the show is airing and pick whoever is the most popular in the public out of the final 2 to win. Tim did contribute more to the actual tasks and that in the series than Sophie.

I feel a bit disappointed we never got a follow up album to Sophie's debut. I always enjoy the campy and pure pop stuff. While the two out of three singles did alright the album didn't do as well as a record company would have liked. She would have been dropped and I suppose after that experience she moved into acting and realistically I can't see a new Sophie Monk album making any impact in this day and age whatsoever. I remember reading rumours in 2006 she was working on music but even then I think it would have been ignored by the majority of the public.

I personally thought Sophie was great on Celeb Apprentice. She was one of the most likeable of that season's cast and it reminded me how funny she can be. She didn't come across creepy to me at all. May I ask what you thought was creepy about her? :) I did think the final was swayed towards her winning instead of Tim Dormer. Didn't they film 2 endings? I have a wild theory that the producers see who is more likeable while the show is airing and pick whoever is the most popular in the public out of the final 2 to win. Tim did contribute more to the actual tasks and that in the series than Sophie.

I feel a bit disappointed we never got a follow up album to Sophie's debut. I always enjoy the campy and pure pop stuff. While the two out of three singles did alright the album didn't do as well as a record company would have liked. She would have been dropped and I suppose after that experience she moved into acting and realistically I can't see a new Sophie Monk album making any impact in this day and age whatsoever. I remember reading rumours in 2006 she was working on music but even then I think it would have been ignored by the majority of the public.

Glad someone else likes her music. She was a good pop star (and Popstar).

Yeah, she has a great voice, and I have always been puzzled why she wasn't picked up by somebody - not that easy to find gorgeous looking good singers to plug and make $$$ with, she was the whole package with a fun personality, puzzling.

But I actually meant she should sing at live things, like Carols and that sort of thing, and she could do musical theatre, maybe she has.
I want to wipe away the ick feel I got from Celeb A, she just struck me as not the old fun Sophie, and more of a bootlicker fake. Who know with that kind of show, it's rubbish and weird.

Just on the Project - I really hope they don't censor her, and she gives any fakes a good slap down

Glad someone else likes her music. She was a good pop star (and Popstar).

Let there be no doubt, love is a four letter word we can do without :D

I seem to have a thing for Australian female artists who are only around in the music scene for a short time. :laugh:
Yeah, she has a great voice, and I have always been puzzled why she wasn't picked up by somebody - not that easy to find gorgeous looking good singers to plug and make $$$ with, she was the whole package with a fun personality, puzzling.

But I actually meant she should sing at live things, like Carols and that sort of thing, and she could do musical theatre, maybe she has.
I want to wipe away the ick feel I got from Celeb A, she just struck me as not the old fun Sophie, and more of a bootlicker fake. Who know with that kind of show, it's rubbish and weird.

Oh ok. I gotcha :). Yeah she should perform at events like the Carols but maybe she is done with her singing career after what went down in her solo career. Bardot and her solo work are often seen as trashy and the butt of many jokes. I wouldn't be surprised if that and the bullshit of the music industry discouraged her from doing anything further musically. Hopefully Sophie will redeem herself for you on this show. She isn't a bad person and she has good intentions. :)

I feel sorry for her, she has so much potential that nobody has really given her much opportunity to display.
It has always puzzled me, beautiful, funny, talented - and a shitty hanging on by the fingernails kind of career.

Back