Skip to main content

The Bachelor Australia 2016

Nikki was the one who did the full pash at a cocktail party - upsetting the other women - and hardly the actions of a truly thoughtful girl-next-door.

I don't understand why people are debasing Alex because she's not their preferred option. I'd rather Olena won - but then I like her too much to wish that one her. Would she be getting the same backlash as Alex? It's just bizarre.

I don't think he led Nikki on any more than any other Bach or Bach'ette in this franchise ever has their final two non-winner. She was to my mind always more into him than he was into her - so I was baffled why everyone assumed she'd win.

It must be awful to be Alex and Richie right now. They've done nothing wrong (except maybe that blue balls comment, eugh).

I think it is all quite funny, I haven't watched much Bachelor, they all seem rather sleazy to me, it is funny how invested people get when it all looks so fake and sleazy if you ask me.
Yeah I don't get girl next door vibes from anyone on a dating show...participants deal with it fine, they go for it, and they get the deal better than mere viewers.
Still, viewers are invited to get invested, so they can't complain about viewers having a view, they wouldn't exist without the million plus viewers.

So, this gave 10 a great ratings night, Bachelor wins, and the lead in and following shows are number 2 & 3, ie Project & gogglebox.

Nikki was the one who did the full pash at a cocktail party - upsetting the other women - and hardly the actions of a truly thoughtful girl-next-door.

I don't understand why people are debasing Alex because she's not their preferred option. I'd rather Olena won - but then I like her too much to wish that one her. Would she be getting the same backlash as Alex? It's just bizarre.

I don't think he led Nikki on any more than any other Bach or Bach'ette in this franchise ever has their final two non-winner. She was to my mind always more into him than he was into her - so I was baffled why everyone assumed she'd win.

It must be awful to be Alex and Richie right now. They've done nothing wrong (except maybe that blue balls comment, eugh).

Agree with everything here!

Ps why is Sam Frost dressing down Richie for choosing Alex over ' her choice' Nikki even though she was pashing Michael til the last second and knows exactly how the show goes? Fuck off Sam. Just saying.

Apart from anything else Richie did not choose the 'easy' option, he went completely with his emotions and for me earned more 'man' points in that moment than he earned all season.

I did have sympathy for Nikki at the end despite a season of bemoaning her upwards inflection end of sentences, babytalk and serious conversations undertaken witha fixed grin in place.. but.. I'm completely baffled at the public outcry about her not being chosen. She was an 'oh well' shrug at best for me. Please NO Nikki for Bachehelorette ugh.

Despite some pouty moments from Alex, over the last few weeks I have enjoyed her time with Richie and believe she really cares about him. The grin on his face when she told him she loved him was when I thought she might be the one and I, for one, am happy for them.

Looking forward to Bachelorette! I like her already!

Olena for next Bachelorette :wink:

Richie seemed a little creepy anyway. I would like to think he actually is a nice genuine guy, but is he any fun? What about the complaints of BO?

Reactions: kxk
Everyone came across so well on The Project, maybe they were able to be themselves more.

Surely we all have had that friend, or maybe even it's happened to ourselves, where there is a seemingly great catch who really wants to be with you and no one understands why it's not reciprocated. We can't force or fake these things. Same thing here. He fell for Alex, end of story really.

I did think he was choosing Nikki but that's largely as I didn't feel Alex had a winners edit rather she was giving off bunny boiler vibes. That said I didn't especially want it to be Nikki, I just thought that's where it was headed. So I was surprised but not outraged.

Trust me, I never thought I'd be defending Richie and I kind if get it as I still don't buy Sam and Snez haha, but yeah.. Surely it's not such a crazy thought that Richie would choose Alex?

I'm in two minds with him not meeting Elijah. On the one hand, yes, if they are serious then they probably should but Alex actually seems like a really good mum and she's just protecting him, they haven't had a chance to be a normal couple yet and she's also had a crash course in the media being jerks so all the more reason to shield him. He is only 5 after all. Personally I thought Snezana's little girl going on the actual show was slightly bizarre last year.

Lana's comments seem silly. He only chose her to not look like a jerk for keeping her away from her son? Or maybe he knew very early on that he was going to choose her and that's why he kept her away from him for so long?

Silly viewers, probably the same kind that go up to soap actors and scream at them for the character's sins, stalkers and weirdos.
Emotional people who have probably been bested along their way by a seductress, Alex is a very accomplished seductress.

I like this summation/article

Angela Mollard on Richie’s big Bachelor c**k-up

OPINION
news.com.au

THERE are three ways a man can choose love: via his head, via his heart or via his dick.

Last night on The Bachelor Richie Strahan chose to go with the third option.

As he broke the heart of the nation’s favourite Nikki Gogan — and that of every other girl-next-door — it was clear that this was a c**k-up.

As he told Kyle and Jackie O this morning, the strain of having to wait to bed winner Alex Nation had given him “the biggest blue balls in Australia.”

I’m sure his mum was thrilled to hear that.

Now no one is suggesting that Alex is not a thoroughly lovely young woman — and clearly gifted at getting melted chocolate out of orifices — but she was the vixen to Nikki’s sweetheart.

She kissed deeply, gazed lingeringly, stroked suggestively. She used the Princess Diana ruse of gazing out from under her fringe and regularly wore chokers — really just sex toys — around her neck. While Nikki was sitting on hay bales professing love and being tinkly and showing integrity, Alex was performing a masterclass in in foreplay.

Kudos to her — she judged it well. Because this is a guy whose job is fly in, fly out. He’s devoted to his mum and sister. He’s doubtless dated a few nice local girls — blondes, obviously. He’s done beach walks and picnics and family barbecues. In short, he’s done coleslaw and Nikki was offering him more coleslaw.

Alex was offering oysters and champagne. Naked.

But if you say you’re going on The Bachelor to find love and settle down then you really have to have got “phwoar” out of your system beforehand. Richie has clearly spent too long away on those mining sites. Or he’s done it the wrong way round — spent his 20s focused on love when that’s the decade you do lust. To let that steer your choices at 31 is, well, a bit stunted. Specially when you’ve got a meddling mum and your paramour has a child.

So, two theories.

The first: Richie isn’t mature enough to realise that lust is fuelled by limerence, basically infatuation, and that it starts to droop just like those red roses he gave so readily.

Time will do it but so will a 3417km commute to see your beloved, a mum who doesn’t really like her and a five-year-old who gets up at 5.30am and bounces on your bed wanting pancakes. Lust likes villas in Bali, and a girl in a bikini and beds strewn with frangipani flowers. What it doesn’t like is tension or delayed flights or a kid having a temper tantrum because his mum is having fun without him.

The second theory (popular with men) is that Richie knows exactly what he’s doing. He understands that finding love on a reality TV show surrounded by cameras 24/7 is a crock.

He’s smart enough to know that you can’t pash your way through a dozen chicks and not think it’s going to come back and bite you on the bum.

He’s worked out that it’s not an environment to find love via head or heart so he’s doing what any red-blooded man would do in the situation: he’s getting his rocks off and he’s chosen the girl who’ll do it for him.

Fair play but I suspect he’ll regret it. Because Nikki was the girl for him.

As I’ve said before, she was the girl with integrity; a bitch disposal expert who showed that being a kind girl is being a cool girl.

Whoever gets Nikki is the real winner.

Continue the conversation with Angela Mollard on Twitter.

I think that's a horrible article. So what, he chose Alex because as a single mother he knows she will put out and will be desperate? Or am I reading between the lines too much.

Seems much more likely that he chose Alex because he loved her and felt the most connection sure her and could see a future there. But I could be wrong. I know some theories with Sam Wood last year were about this, as well as getting to look like a good guy and having an easy excuse for why it didn't work out, and once again they don't really fit here I don't think.

I do agree with the analogy about yelling at soap stars! Haha yep very fitting.

So I was one of the ones that was pissed off at Ritchie for not picking Nikki. I know it's not rational ( he should pick who he has fallen in love with not who the public want him to pick) but it was my gut reaction at the time and the majority of Australia felt the same way too. I didn't think I cared who won but when Nikki stepped out of that limo first, I was devastated for her. Maybe it was because it seemed like channel 10 gave Nikki the winner's edit and Alex always seemed to have a bit of a bunny boiler vibe about her. Nikki felt it was going to be her too which made things worse. Ritchie gave her no indication/hints it wouldn't be her. Lana said the same thing about Sam on the recent "The Binge" podcast.

I guess the reaction also has to do with how icky the whole concept of the show is. It's all fun and games at the beginning. We watch for the LOLs not for the love story and then real feelings are involved and the runner up always seems to be blindsided. Let's face it, it's cruel and I guess we want to blame someone for that.

Also Nikki has conducted herself with such grace and dignity until the end and it just makes everyone like her more. Last year Lana didn't cry so people wrongly assumed that she really didn't care it wasn't her so less people were upset.

I'm over it now of course. I just hope that Nikki finds someone that will choose her first.

Interestingly Ritchie said that he knew it was Alex at their second kiss (I think it was ). Channel 10 didn't show us that reaction, I guess because they were trying to throw us of the scent.

As for not introducing the kid yet. I think that it is quite normal to see if a relationship is going to work before bringing young kids into it. Also they have been sneaking around for the past 3 months trying to keep everything a secret so it would have been almost impossible to introduce him.

386AB3B500000578-0-image-a-23_1473993424032.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ublic-time-couple-following-shock-finale.html

386B41A700000578-3792877-image-m-72_1474033747580.jpg

386F8A7C00000578-3792877-image-m-70_1474032957798.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...oni-Kiki-flaunt-busty-curves-Bondi-Beach.html

3878797500000578-0-image-m-114_1474095579532.jpg

387877E100000578-0-image-a-109_1474095416315.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...achael-Gouvignon-event-dating-app-Bumble.html

Which is it? Magazines claim Richie and Alex ‘pregnant,’ ‘married’ and ‘broken up’
IF THE weekly magazines are to be believed, it’s been a week of Days of our Lives-style drama for The Bachelor’s new couple, Richie Strahan and Alex Nation.

The pair, who finally revealed their romance in the finale last Thursday night and say they’re planning to “take things slowly,” have reportedly announced an imminent pregnancy, marriage and breakup in the days since, according to New Idea andWoman’s Day.

More here if you want it - http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...p/news-story/6b9335e83418f5a991fc13431af4fb72

Which is it? Magazines claim Richie and Alex ‘pregnant,’ ‘married’ and ‘broken up’
IF THE weekly magazines are to be believed, it’s been a week of Days of our Lives-style drama for The Bachelor’s new couple, Richie Strahan and Alex Nation.

The pair, who finally revealed their romance in the finale last Thursday night and say they’re planning to “take things slowly,” have reportedly announced an imminent pregnancy, marriage and breakup in the days since, according to New Idea andWoman’s Day.

More here if you want it - http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...p/news-story/6b9335e83418f5a991fc13431af4fb72

in their perfect world of magazine sales - all 3 preferrably[DOUBLEPOST=1474262137][/DOUBLEPOST]
Who's clothes are they wearing? . Very short trousers etc.......

yes, idiotic aren't they?

Back