Skip to main content

The Bachelor 2018

So Pilot Week starts sunday night with 2 shows, 30mins, will post more info and shows stuff in The Couch thread, and anyone that wants to view along, we do that in our random live chat thread, OK???
I can post what show is on each day if you wish, in random thread
They, 10, will be assessing our views/input via social media, ie tell them what you think via twitter/face book etc
And, I think I will send them a link to us.....since we are the original goggleboxers with great taste:):):)

Skit Happens
'Pilot'
Ten, 8:00pm, Sun, 19 Aug 2018, 30 minutes
NEW SHOW
Sketch comedy artists and special guests perform hilarious parodies and contemporary sketches where no one is safe.

Then

Disgrace!
'Pilot'
Ten, 8:30pm, Sun, 19 Aug 2018, 30 minutes
NEW SHOW
Former Labor Party senator Sam Dastyari and his team of outraged opinionators, hit the screen with a barrage of attitude and laughs, in a bid to make sense of a world of indignity and disgrace!
Sam Dastyari
Series, Australia, English, Documentary, News

I couldn't think of any worse show to watch. He's no "Judge Judy"...

Oh hang on, I can think of a worse show - that Creasy hosted Dating show. It's meant to be a copy of the SBS "If you are the one" which is a serious dating show in China, but instead they've found all the trashy media-ho wannabe's that were rejected for all the other reality shows and stuck them on this thing.

I definitely won't be watching Creasey's dating show. I can't stand him at all.

Can a show overcome a shitty host?
Well those morning shows keep chugging along although it sounds like most of Australia cannot decide who they hate more

Anyway, a few of us were wondering about Osher and his real life......I know he has been married and divorced once
Now, sounds like he is very happy

'She absolutely saved my life:' The Bachelor's Osher Günsberg reveals that his wife Audrey Griffen was instrumental in his recovery from addiction and mental health issues

Osher Günsberg celebrated his first wedding anniversary with Audrey Griffen in January.
And the TV host has revealed that the makeup artist, who he met on the set of The Bachelor, 'saved him' when she came along at a dark time in his life.
The 44-year-old told Stellar magazine on Sunday: 'She absolutely saved my life.'
4F35F6C500000578-6075635-image-m-74_1534687863205.jpg

article here
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ife-Audrey-Griffen-instrumental-recovery.html

And pushy bitchy Romy reminds me of.....

1212.jpg

Oh @Affable the Americans agree with me, our Bachelor is better:) (they like your fave Matt too)
I hope 10 can make some cash selling it back to the Americans

'We need a Bachelor like Nick Cummins!' American fans swoon over Aussie hunk's buff physique and hilarious lingo

Nick Cummins has taken the US by storm.
Despite having a sense of charm about him that can only be described as distinctly Australian, American Bachelor fans are going nuts over the 30-year-old rugby star.
According to a Reddit post this week, US fans think 'America needs a Bachelor like Nick Cummins.'

'He's honestly so terrific!' wrote one fan.
Another even went so far as to call Nick 'the best lead of any iteration of The Bachelor.'
'He's charming without coming across sleazy. He's sincere without being too self-serious. He may be my fave Bachelor to date.'
Several others described Nick's casting on The Bachelor as 'so refreshing'.
'I love his personality!' commented another fan.

Interestingly, many of the US fans loved how natural and down-to-earth the Aussie version of the show is, compared to the American version, which seems carefully crafted in their opinion.
'The Australian Bachelor franchise has been killin [sic] the game lately,' wrote one fan.
'The US version prefers their male leads as bland and neutral as possible,' added another.
Another American fan called the Australian version 'so so good'.

I love that they actually eat their food on their dates lol,' commented one person.
'I love him! He's better than any US Bach I've ever watched,' wrote another.
But it's not just this season many US fans are frothing over - they're also fans of Aussie spin-offs, including Bachelor in Paradise.
'Aussie BIP was bangin!!! So much better than the American version. Way more down to earth,' commented one fan.
Even last year's Aussie Bachelor Matty Johnson got a shout-out.
'He is the best Bachelor I have seen in a long time. He had so much personality, the girls went crazy for him and he seemed like such a nice guy,' wrote one fan, who went on to describe the 31-year-old as 'fine as hell'.
'I love the Australian format of episodes and editing SO much better than ours. It's making me sad.'

Oh @Affable the Americans agree with me, our Bachelor is better:) (they like your fave Matt too)
I hope 10 can make some cash selling it back to the Americans

'We need a Bachelor like Nick Cummins!' American fans swoon over Aussie hunk's buff physique and hilarious lingo

Nick Cummins has taken the US by storm.
Despite having a sense of charm about him that can only be described as distinctly Australian, American Bachelor fans are going nuts over the 30-year-old rugby star.
According to a Reddit post this week, US fans think 'America needs a Bachelor like Nick Cummins.'

'He's honestly so terrific!' wrote one fan.
Another even went so far as to call Nick 'the best lead of any iteration of The Bachelor.'
'He's charming without coming across sleazy. He's sincere without being too self-serious. He may be my fave Bachelor to date.'
Several others described Nick's casting on The Bachelor as 'so refreshing'.
'I love his personality!' commented another fan.

Interestingly, many of the US fans loved how natural and down-to-earth the Aussie version of the show is, compared to the American version, which seems carefully crafted in their opinion.
'The Australian Bachelor franchise has been killin [sic] the game lately,' wrote one fan.
'The US version prefers their male leads as bland and neutral as possible,' added another.
Another American fan called the Australian version 'so so good'.

I love that they actually eat their food on their dates lol,' commented one person.
'I love him! He's better than any US Bach I've ever watched,' wrote another.
But it's not just this season many US fans are frothing over - they're also fans of Aussie spin-offs, including Bachelor in Paradise.
'Aussie BIP was bangin!!! So much better than the American version. Way more down to earth,' commented one fan.
Even last year's Aussie Bachelor Matty Johnson got a shout-out.
'He is the best Bachelor I have seen in a long time. He had so much personality, the girls went crazy for him and he seemed like such a nice guy,' wrote one fan, who went on to describe the 31-year-old as 'fine as hell'.
'I love the Australian format of episodes and editing SO much better than ours. It's making me sad.'

Glad to see that some of the Americans can appreciate Matty J as being the best Bachelor of all time. I am not sure why people would go on it. I would never go on the show (unless Matty J was the Bachelor in which case I would be one of the first to audition). 😆

Are people actually attracted to him though? The point of the show isn't to find a fun bogan mate to hang around (though Tara & Sam almost did that on BIP before it went to hell). For me he has zero sex appeal, so it would never get out of the friendzone.

Not attracted to Nick at all. I would be extremely disappointed if I applied and were to be chosen on his season. No appeal whatsoever to him for me. In saying that I would be disappointed if I was on anyone elses Australian season that is not Matty J.

Apparently plenty of the girls wanted to run after seeing what was on offer, and they had to be bribed/convinced to stay
Ms Vanessa leading the rush:)

One thing I liked about the NZ version that I watched (season 1, I haven't seen any others) was that some girls walked when they decided that there wasn't a spark or they weren't compatible. Makes it more realistic! Because as if all the women would just happen to like the one man they were offered.

Walkouts happen everywhere all the time don't they?

BI Paradise, Laurina, Michael, more maybe?
Bachelor, the bisexual girl that returned to do BIP, Meghan???Others

And plenty self sabotage.....

Looks like Vanessa Bennett, AKA Ms Sunshine....sabotages herself right out of there tonight

I think the Americans have a some weird romantic notion about very Aussie blokes, it is the Steve Irwin syndrome

Back