Skip to main content

The Australian - Channel Nine may Resurrect Big Brother

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think if nine got it they would take the US BB approach and have 2 or 3 episodes a week and offer live feeds

From Mike Goldman's Blog earlier today:-

BB will not be back anywhere at this stage, maybe watch the UK one. Its awesome!

Mike Goldman
Thu 17 Jul 08 (01:59pm)

I hope channel 9 dont turn this into US BB. That will piss me off.

But channel 9 has a lot more money and can afford to flop.

Plus we all know if it flops next year Big Brother will be gone for good, and we will all expect it to happen and wont be surprised.

Personally I believe that's exactly what 9 would do!
I don't watch BBUS because it in no way resembles the original concept of BB, the only exception being that it happens to be in a house!

Any move to BBUS style will lose most of the fanbase, and will only attract people who like shows like Survivor.

i think if nine got it they would take the US BB approach and have 2 or 3 episodes a week and offer live feeds

Live feeds are now going to prove an interesting challenge for anyone that picks up BB...

Basically, if anything would be rated at MA15+ or above, then it isn't allowed to be broadcast...

Source

Live feeds are now going to prove an interesting challenge for anyone that picks up BB...

Basically, if anything would be rated at MA15+ or above, then it isn't allowed to be broadcast...

How is that different from how it is now? :confused:

i dont know anything about BB US. Whats so different about it?

That its boring as bat shit lol! and people whinge that BBAU is boring and dull PAALEASE!!

i knowww.
everyone complains about bbau being shit but then bbus is ten times worst that ours and its still on air :mad:

That its boring as bat shit lol! and people whinge that BBAU is boring and dull PAALEASE!!

so it is still the same concept though. People were making it sound like it was different some way.

I would love it to return to how it was in the first two years, would hate a Survivor-type show. And I hope they do still have a livestream and let us actually get to know the housemates.

But not getting my hopes up about anything.

it also sound like if they took it on it would still be aimed at kids.

Under Nine, maybe kids/young bogan orientated daily show at 5:30, and an hour or two uplate adult version (but still very much like the current daily show) mon - fri, evictions/noms a monday night special all hosted by a Toni Perrin/Shelly Craft clone?
The old ducks prob wouldn't cop BB at 7pm, and the sunday night shenanigans

Last edited by a moderator:
Under Nine, maybe kids/young bogan orientated daily show at 5:30, and an hour or two uplate adult version (but still very much like the current daily show) mon - fri, evictions/noms a monday night special all hosted by a Toni Perrin/Shelly Craft clone?
The old ducks prob wouldn't cop BB at 7pm, and the sunday night shenanigans

With extra digital channels coming, they could have room to put it on at any time. But generally commercially ratings are focused between 6PM and 10.30PM.

so it is still the same concept though. People were making it sound like it was different some way.

Yes, as far as I know it is! It just has a weird vibe to it thats how I think of it anyway.. The Opening titles is like your watching The Young & The Restless or Bold & The Beautiful. It has no taste and the host seems like shes on drugs at times lol. And I don't think they have viewer votes to evict people (not too sure on that one) and I think they only have 3 daily shows a week something like the UK version too (again I'm not too sure have only watched bits n pieces of the american version)!

It is WAY different. The only real thing that's the same about BBUS and BBAU, BBUK is that it's in a house and it's called "Big Brother."

i dont know anything about BB US. Whats so different about it?

its basically survivor but live, so no viewer votig evictions, they are allowed to discuss nominations, form alliances, basically once a week there is a Head of house competition, the winner gets a rewards room and must put two people up for eviction, then later that week there is a Veto competition where the people up for eviction and i think 4 others cmpete for the chanceto either change nominations or keep them the same, if a nominee wins the Veto comp they can take themselves off and HOH must put someone else up, if either HOH or a HM wins it they can take someone off or leave it as is but run th risk of being put up. At the end of the week the HMs all vote (apart from HOH and nominees) and the one with the higest votes is evicted, from memory if its a tie HOH decides, the next week the HOH winner cannot compete for HOH.

About half way through evicted HMs are put in to isloation known as saquester (spelling?) where they cannot watch whats happening, then eac time someone is evicted they go there with a DVD of how it went down, at the end of the season the SQ house vote for the winner.

So they get HOH Show, Veto Show and Eviction Show per week, they offer live feeds via the web and i think it offers multiple camera views, ohh and each week they compete for food, if they win they win the food they played for, if they lose they are on slop for the week.

During the season they have some twists and generally the HOH, Food comp and Veto cometitions are quite good, alot like FNL type things, usually physical.

OH I just realised something.

It says in the article that Nine are going to talk with Endemol about a format change sorta thing. However, Endemol do not allow MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR changes to the format so it can't be too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back