Skip to main content

THE AMAZING RACE AUSTRALIA 2022

Had some interest in watching this after skipping last season (I just find TAR seasons confined to a single country boring as hell), but after I saw the massive cast list, I immediately lost any interest I had. There's just way too many teams that I can imagine that its just a mess to watch and it'll take half the season to even learn who each person is without looking at the on-screen text telling you.

Tonight's teams...

Favourites: WA Mullets, Flamboyant friends, Tiwi boys, husband wife, Cops

There are more teams I like from this group.

Dislike: Lawyer Cousins and the Orange Team

Will be interesting when they join up tomorrow night.

Had some interest in watching this after skipping last season (I just find TAR seasons confined to a single country boring as hell), but after I saw the massive cast list, I immediately lost any interest I had. There's just way too many teams that I can imagine that its just a mess to watch and it'll take half the season to even learn who each person is without looking at the on-screen text telling you.

This is what I'm thinking as well. it's a huge cast.
I haven't started watching it yet. Will probably catch up over the weekend and suss it out.

Tonight's teams...

Favourites: WA Mullets, Flamboyant friends, Tiwi boys, husband wife, Cops

There are more teams I like from this group.

Dislike: Lawyer Cousins and the Orange Team

Will be interesting when they join up tomorrow night.
So it's that quick - thought they'd cut at least another team in each group before merging them.

Amazing Race was only watched by 316k, a drop of 145k from the first episode. Really don't get the low ratings. Never expected it to rate lower than the trash that is 7's BB.

I didn't watch last night, it all seems too hard.
I think I'll keep recording them and watching them when there's nothing on!

I just caught up on the first episode.

The 30 minute time penalty is bullshit. In the US version it’s a 4 hour penalty for quitting the road block. 30 mins is not long enough at all. You may as well quit the task straight up, you’d be out before most of the couples finished in half of these tasks.

Liking the newlywed teachers and the cafe owner sisters.

I didn't watch last night, it all seems too hard.
I think I'll keep recording them and watching them when there's nothing on!
Last night's episode was better than the first IMO but I also thought the challenges were harder for the Melbourne teams.

Those 2 deserve to lose... How stupid to give up on such an easy task... If they had have spent another 30 mins spinning the tassels they probably would have got it.. & then not only would they have come first but also won $5K in prizes 😍 instead they took the easy way out & lost everything... :rolleyes:

How in the hell did 17 teams all check in within 30 mins? And did it seem like it to anyone else that Beau did not like the team eliminated?

How in the hell did 17 teams all check in within 30 mins? And did it seem like it to anyone else that Beau did not like the team eliminated?
I didn't like the team either but 30 minutes isn't a bigger enough penalty IMO.

I never realised it snowed in Athens :oops: I always thought that Athens was on the Mediterranean and quite warm...
Some of these challenges are a bit lame & make it boring to watch...

I've tapped out again.
Too many teams and it's not engaging me enough to stick it out..

I'm watching it while I'm pottering about cleaning. But I'm only half way through the second episode. I'm enjoying watching it in the background. I'm not hating it, I just don't feel the need to sit and watch it.

That goat thing was disgusting. I'm surprised they allowed that. I know it's their tradition, but it's still revolting.

Last edited:
Last night did it for me.. I was watching Friends on 10 PEACH and flipped over to see the teams rummaging through a table full of dead fish trying to find various types of fish... Another lame challenge me thinks and flick it back to Friends 🤣

Last night did it for me.. I was watching Friends on 10 PEACH and flipped over to see the teams rummaging through a table full of dead fish trying to find various types of fish... Another lame challenge me thinks and flick it back to Friends 🤣
Thanks for the warning!
I'll stick to watching it in the background I think.
I've just discovered Farmer Wants A Wife is on, so that'll be my choice above Amazing Race.

Thanks for the warning!
I'll stick to watching it in the background I think.
I've just discovered Farmer Wants A Wife is on, so that'll be my choice above Amazing Race.
I also watch in the background. At least I have on Reality program I like "The Block" I don't like Farmer Wants A Wife or any of those singing programs

Back