Skip to main content

THE AMAZING RACE AUSTRALIA 2021

Yeah we start to get the formula pretty quick but I guess it’s based on a contract for the number of episodes and episode length. I don’t particularly understand why a bunch of reality/ game shows on different channels have exactly or pretty much the same scheduling , eg. Holey Moley. Is it coincidence?

Why is Wednesday- Friday deemed off limits?

A Facebook update for Amazing Race just said we have reached the halfway mark. Given that there are only 8 players left, there are too many episodes remaining for even the current formula to not include more “stowaways”. I suspect we willbe getting at least 2 more :O

The remaining teams in order from my favorite teams to least favorite:
* Brandon & Jackson (rooting for them to win), all round nice guys
* Holly & Dolor (I've pushed them up cos they make my laugh, and they are nice enough, but can't see them winning)
* Chris and Aleisha, were my favorites but they are just bad at certain challenges. Great to watch tho.
* Kaskirat & Anurag (I'm a bit meh on them, but I can see them winning. I'd prefer B&J won though)
* Stan & Wayne, quite funny watching these guys, they seem decent and not assholes.
* MJ & Chelsea, prefer them to Ashleigh and Amanda
* Ashleigh and Amanda, they are beasts at this game and their smugness makes me want them to lose. lol

Chris & Aleisha.... Supposed to be brains! How brainy was the deserting the cuckoo move, opportunity to work with an alliance and save your position in the game... Squandered.
And the way they were checking the clocks, both going right up to the same clock super close. That was frustrating!

Chris & Aleisha.... Supposed to be brains! How brainy was the deserting the cuckoo move, opportunity to work with an alliance and save your position in the game... Squandered.
And the way they were checking the clocks, both going right up to the same clock super close. That was frustrating!
I like them the least, they are not very nice with the others. I wouldn't trust them

Absolutely.
I want them to do what the French do. They have $1. a day to move where they have to be. They have to find their food, where to sleep, transport etc...
It was funny one year they finished the race in Australia, they went to Queensland and many places here, their end was at the Opera House. When they wanted to hitchhike, they did what they always do, run on the road to stop a car, running along side cars etc... but it was Australia, the police was called and they had to stay on the side of the road.
It is called Pekin Express, it is so much harder but lots more interesting. They often go in poor country, and you see how generous the people are, giving them food and a place to sleep, when they have not much at all.

Here are the Sportsbet odds at present :

Brendon & Jackson (NSW)1.35
Skye-Blue & Jake (VIC)4.00
Ashleigh & Amanda (QLD)7.50
MJ & Chelsea (SA)
Jaskirat & Anurag (NSW)
Chris & Aleisha (QLD)

Unbelievably, however, it had Holly & Dolor at #2 before today!!! lol

I have a completely unfounded but plausible theory. With the season nearing 20+ episodes (and a very sad season at that), I wonder if they actually needed to fulfil a quota this season rather than stick to the usual 13 episodes, given the show wasn’t aired last year.

I’m beginning to wonder if Ten was only contracted for three years, with this season now being the last, and because they were unable to produce a season in 2020 they’ve amalgamated the number of episodes into a single season to risk losing money or breaking what was initially agreed. The 2021 ratings, and especially the unpredictability about overseas travel and flexibility of restrictions in parts of the world, certainly don’t look promising for the future of this show. Unfortunate because I thought 2019 was really good.

Thoughts?

Last night's episode was really funny from what I saw of the replay this afternoon.
The prison part was fun.
The singing was classic 😅
And the Emus! Hilarious!

Last edited:
Thank god Chris & Aleisha are gone!!

Are we getting a 2 team race on the final leg? Cause the promo suggested that tomorrow's leg is an elimination, but I doubt it.

I have a completely unfounded but plausible theory. With the season nearing 20+ episodes (and a very sad season at that), I wonder if they actually needed to fulfil a quota this season rather than stick to the usual 13 episodes, given the show wasn’t aired last year.

I’m beginning to wonder if Ten was only contracted for three years, with this season now being the last, and because they were unable to produce a season in 2020 they’ve amalgamated the number of episodes into a single season to risk losing money or breaking what was initially agreed. The 2021 ratings, and especially the unpredictability about overseas travel and flexibility of restrictions in parts of the world, certainly don’t look promising for the future of this show. Unfortunate because I thought 2019 was really good.

Thoughts?
They would want to improve next year with just under 500k nightly audiences. I don't think they had exceptionally bad ratings, but there is certainly room for improvement. I've enjoyed this season despite it being in Aus. I love our country and seeing the people in it.

I found the teams more interesting and funny to watch this year than 2019.

So they were in Broken Hill in the last episode. I seem to remember someone from Broken Hill. Anyone ?

I've really enjoyed this being all in Australia.
Now they're in Sydney. I wonder if they come close to my neck of the woods.

They would want to improve next year with just under 500k nightly audiences. I don't think they had exceptionally bad ratings, but there is certainly room for improvement. I've enjoyed this season despite it being in Aus. I love our country and seeing the people in it.

I found the teams more interesting and funny to watch this year than 2019.
I found this years teams much better than last year!!

What was that Asian place with all the boxes
. We're they security boxes of some kind?

Back