Skip to main content

Telemarketers!!!

pjac

The blasted telemarkers have become just a little bit smarter! We screen calls at our home due to the big increase in telemarketers calling. Now instead of hanging up when they hear a recorded message the leave their own recorded message!!! Grrrrrrrr......... :mad::mad:

Are you on the Do Not Call register? It doesn't eliminate the charities but cuts out the other crap.

:D:D
Are you on the Do Not Call register? It doesn't eliminate the charities but cuts out the other crap.

I haven't bothered before but I am thinking it is time to register. They are doing my head in. Although hubby does love to occasionally have some fun with them. :D:D

I gave in and finally signed up with the do not call register after 17 calls in one afternoon. It said it would take 30 days but I've already noticed a dramatic decrease in calls. Charity can still call though.

Done!! Hopefully it will calm down. That was really easy to do. The last straw was a recorded message from bloody Tony Abbott. I rang to the phone but the bugger didn't even want to talk to me!! :D:D

...we're on the 'no call' register thingy but before we were whenever a telemarketer used to ring this is how I dealt with their calls...

**ring ring**... (Sticky picks up the phone hoping that it's the Lotto people telling him that he has won 20 million dollars)...

Sticky:... Hello?...

Telemarketer:... I'm ringing on behalf of blah blah blah... my name is Akmal...

Sticky:... Congratulations!... what a great name!...

**Click**... (Sticky hangs up the phone and chuckles as he walks away)...

...strangely enough... they NEVER... EVER... rang back again!!!!!... cheers.

I love it Sticky. Not too long ago my hubby was kidding around with 'Akmal' and he didn't take to kindly to being dicked around and he told hubby to f...off you m....f..er! :rolleyes:

Or we once decided to take the call when the family was all sitting at the dinner table - and we all took turns to talk to 'Akmal', and kept passing the phone around. 'Akmal' was patient for 30 minutes before he gave up on us. :D:D:D

Done!! Hopefully it will calm down. That was really easy to do. The last straw was a recorded message from bloody Tony Abbott. I rang to the phone but the bugger didn't even want to talk to me!! :D:D

I had some recorded message tonight during BB! Once I realised it was pre-recorded though I just hung up, wonder if it was Tony.

...we're on the 'no call' register thingy but before we were whenever a telemarketer used to ring this is how I dealt with their calls...

**ring ring**... (Sticky picks up the phone hoping that it's the Lotto people telling him that he has won 20 million dollars)...

Sticky:... Hello?...

Telemarketer:... I'm ringing on behalf of blah blah blah... my name is Akmal...

Sticky:... Congratulations!... what a great name!...

**Click**... (Sticky hangs up the phone and chuckles as he walks away)...

...strangely enough... they NEVER... EVER... rang back again!!!!!... cheers.

They dont even get that far with me.

me: hello?

them: hi im ringing from (whatever company)

me: *click*

Because my parents and grandma are old fogies who won't call a mobile!

Uuum... yeah that...and I'm a bit of an old fogey........and I really don't like my mobile all that much....and it is fun to screen and ignore those pesky relatives.... :D

They dont even get that far with me.

me: hello?

them: hi im ringing from (whatever company)

me: *click*

One rang my mum the other day, and rang BACK immediately after the click with an angry "WHY YOU HANG UP ON ME?"

Also word of advice make sure you're ready for frequent donation requests if you donate once to a charity. They'll never let you forget your generosity!

Wow thanks for telling me about the no-call register...didn't think we had one here in South africa but we do

We are on the do not call register but we still got the Tony Abbott call. Government probably excepted. Bah!

Yeah, there's an exception for political callers.

2. Will registering my number stop all telemarketing calls and marketing faxes?

No, registration won't stop all calls and faxes. Some public interest organisations (e.g. charities, political parties and educational institutions) can still call numbers listed on the register. This ensures these organisations can continue to provide valuable services to the community.

If you have an existing relationship with a business, it can still contact you, but you can advise them you do not wish to receive telemarketing calls or marketing faxes from them in the future.

https://www.donotcall.gov.au/faqs.cfm

I say hello
then telemarkers say, what they want.
then I say, sorry no speak english,
then it goes no further,

Back