Skip to main content

Survivor: Winners at War (Season 40)

That's not that bad for a multichannel. I also feel like there wasn't that much promotion for it compared to other season so a lot of people wouldn't have known it was premiering this week. There could also be burn out because Australian Survivor is on 3 times a week, so people may be over Survivor by the time Thursday comes around. Survivor also always gets a big increase in consolidated ratings.
You'd have to think it could draw at least 3-4 times that number of viewers had it aired on 9.

You'd have to think it could draw at least 3-4 times that number of viewers had it aired on 9.

It would have probably got around 400k on Nine. Which is what RBT which is in the 7:30 pm Thursday timeslot is currently rating. But Survivor would have done better in the demos.

They were worried about her connection with Jeremy.
Well sure but there are a LOT of connections out there this season. Many of the cast have played together before and socialized outside the game. Besides there will be water challenges and Natalie is crossfit strong and a really good swimmer. It could cost them.

Well sure but there are a LOT of connections out there this season. Many of the cast have played together before and socialized outside the game. Besides there will be water challenges and Natalie is crossfit strong and a really good swimmer. It could cost them.

I think Adam also switched the target over to Natalie?

I think Adam also switched the target over to Natalie?
:frown::frown:Yeah....Im just sad. Anyone hates to see your favorite go out first boot. I need to find a new rooting interest so Im going to go for.....Danni the StephaME La Grossa slayer of Survivor Guatemala! And Jeremy.

:frown::frown:Yeah....Im just sad. Anyone hates to see your favorite go out first boot. I need to find a new rooting interest so Im going to go for.....Danni the StephaME La Grossa slayer of Survivor Guatemala! And Jeremy.

I'm supporting blindsides

Danni self destructed. I don't think I managed to get round to watching all of her season, but I vaguely remember it was very tough with the weather conditions.

I think Dannii didn't so much win her season as much as Stephenie lost it. Though she's one of my favourites, Steph pissed too many people off.

Good result. Though Ben going would be the best result.

Awkward having Wendell and Michelle on the same team. She is one of the few I remember nothing about.

I can't believe Rob thought his godfather like buddy system was going to work on a tribe full of winners. Shows how one dimensional he is when it comes to survivor.

I watched Michele's season last year. I don't remember much about her either, except when she argued with Tai. The jury liked her enough though. I think because she wasn't Aubrey or Tai. Like she had the cleanest hands of the three of them.

I can't believe Rob thought his godfather like buddy system was going to work on a tribe full of winners. Shows how one dimensional he is when it comes to survivor.

I watched Michele's season last year. I don't remember much about her either, except when she argued with Tai. The jury liked her enough though. I think because she wasn't Aubrey or Tai. Like she had the cleanest hands of the three of them.

The Buddy System, a;long with Rob admitting he doesn't even know how to look for idols, exposes the limitations of that old school style of playing. I don't dislike him at all, but he needed to bring more to the game than just controlling and intimidating people.

Wow, hasn't this season suddenly kicked into gear.
Two legends out in one night, one being one of the gutsiest single-handed blindsides in Survivor history.

Now all the old school players are gone with puzzle Queen Sophie Clarke the earliest winner from season 23.

Now all the old school players are gone with puzzle Queen Sophie Clarke the earliest winner from season 23.

The targeting of old school players is tedious and predictable.
Wendell and Michelle are as annoying as each other and bring unwanted baggage to the show.
I don't know how anyone as unlikable as Ben ever managed to win a season. Looking now at all of the contestants that season, not one stands out as memorable.
Why are the producers throwing tokens at Boston Rob?
Also it makes a bit of a mockery of building Sandra up as the greatest of all time (ie. giving advice last season). Funny that we didn't hear her advise them "Just give up and go home, it's too hard".

Last edited:
Yeah I was sad to see Yul out, and Parvarti. Bit surprised Sandra bailed like that, but let's face it, she would never win a third time and she knew it. And as for her comment she'll always be the queen, well, it's guaranteed someone else will be a two-time Survivor winner at the end of this, and not only that, they'll pick up $2m (minus tax) this time. So really she'll slip into 2nd spot in terms of Survivor winners.

The players remaining in the game are a whole lot of meh. Looking forward to seeing who re-enters the game from EoE. Is it just one player, or can more get back in?

Back