Skip to main content

Survivor US-David vs Goliath

Awesome episode tonight. Did not see that coming at all. This season is already so much better than Ghost Island.

Agreed. I was blindsided by how good this episode was.

I already love Nick, and it's great that new players are stepping up to become strategically important players in an alliance (Davie and Carl tonight).
I was surprised but not displeased that Dan actually saved Angelina, especially as it blindsided a not particularly likable player out of the game.

Didn't Mike give away that Christian was the target? Not that clever.

The reward challenge was interesting as they changed it from how it is normally done both here and on the AU version. After 15 minutes someone from each side had to step out, meaning equal pressure was put on both sides unless someone stepped out early. I thought that was an improvement.

Another great episode. This is turning out to be a good season.
I'm liking the David's, especially Nick and Davie, but not Carl particularly (was going 'BING!' as the evictee left good sportsmanship?

The Davids are looking too cocky for me at this point, the 'bing', the long crazed confessional about a jacket early on, and Gabby saying they are the good side. It was a good move at tribal, not hard to predict but carried out as it should have been. It evens the tribes up. Unless the Giants change their target from Christian they are likely to be down soon with him now having an idol.

Great two episodes in what is now a really good season.
Two strong and not overly likable players gone, so I'm happy with that.
(By that I don't mean I want strong players gone, just the strong players who stand in the way of players I like more).

The second of the episodes was definitely much the better of the two I thought. The first one had an idol find where all the tension was that it had to be got in the middle of the night, but the location was easier to get to, compared to similar things in the past or the AU version recently (going across to another island or looking round a swamp/mangrove). The immunity challenge changed up more in the second episode from the usual balancing strength. Neither had that surprising an elimination but it was easier to build up suspense in the later ep, the earlier one was more about who won immunity, the second as shown had more strategic factors. And Carl's edit was such that it was more satisfying.

I'm neutral on quite a lot of them but Davie still annoys me, going on about having to play up to the stereotypical image of a black guy as he basically put it.

I want Nick to win, so the midnight idol find was a good one for me, even though it was handed to him too easily.
If it was, say, Alec, it would have annoyed me, so it's subjective.

I see they "binged" Carl back.

I want Nick to win, so the midnight idol find was a good one for me, even though it was handed to him too easily.
If it was, say, Alec, it would have annoyed me, so it's subjective.

I see they "binged" Carl back.

Nick is probably my favourite as well. Although I did enjoy Christian babbling on to Jeff during the Immunity Challenge and ultimately driving Alec insane

Nick is probably my favourite as well. Although I did enjoy Christian babbling on to Jeff during the Immunity Challenge and ultimately driving Alec insane

Yes I like Christian too. I hope that leaving Nick & Davie out of the Carl vote doesn't fracture their alliance, and they can continue to work together as Davids.

Yes I like Christian too. I hope that leaving Nick & Davie out of the Carl vote doesn't fracture their alliance, and they can continue to work together as Davids.

Carl needed to go. I am keen for Angelina to finally go next

It took up about 10 minutes, I just skipped it.

I don't really understand why they don't see Davie as a threat.

Gabby played her "big move" too early. But then she was a terrible player and shouldn't even have been cast imo.

Weird editing. The whole episode everyone was gunning for Christian then Gabby gets eliminated. I agree with you @Meglos - she was useless and Christian carried her. Did she get jealous of his girlfriend? Lost a lot of respect for Nick this episode. Reminds me of Sam's meltdown on Survivor Australia this year except he was eliminated the same episode

I like Nick (probably the most along with Davie), but he should have been able to let go of his bitterness towards Christian and move on to the next phase of the game, whether it involved working with Christian or not. What Christian did was in no way a personal betrayal and he would probably be quite hurt that Nick reacted so strongly.

Back