Skip to main content

Survivor US-David vs Goliath

Although Gabby and Angelina are the type that won't get big support they are the kind of players I would argue who stir things up and make the show more interesting than it would be.

The Gabby story was predictable in the last episode with the edit, it looked like she was allying with the Goliaths so I was curious whether she wanted to pitch Davie as the alternate vote because she has been shown as being allied with Allison. If something was missed from the edit I think they missed a chance as her v Davie would have been more interesting for me than the playing up of the 'betrayal' of Christian through the confessionals. And I didn't sense any obvious jealousy with the girfriend's visit, more a view on Christian's personality around others and how liked he was.

Christian's had a heavy edit from the start, while I don't mind him I do feel the edit is very heavy on trying to make him very likeable and I resist that. The last immunity challenge was strange as his hands moved a lot yet unlike others it didn't bring the water down on him until he had virtually stepped off. I wonder if shorter arms were an advantage in that one.

We need to see more of Kara and Allison in the game to make this a top notch season really. It's been decent though.

Glad that my two favourites survived, even though neither needed the idols.
They are playing up the on again/off again frenemy thing, but neither voted for each other this time.
Christian probably needed to go, and it was probably the backlash of his badly-timed "big move" with Gabby, but he was one of the more interesting characters. I don't like Mike much. Angelina is playing a desperate game. Allison is ok, but Kara is baffling, a top six player who is yet to contribute anything.

Nick and Davie need to trust each other and work together, otherwise next week it will be all Goliaths sitting at tribal council. Angelina a definite as everyone realises no one will vote for her.

Nick's idea to plant a fake idol after one had been played was good but finding it himself wasn't as clever. He needed more patience and it would have been better placing it like the other ones and with the string that normally leads to it as well.

It is really turning out to be a good season. Disappointed Christain is gone but glad to see Nick and Davey's bitch flowers bloom

I don't Mike but his gunning after Christian definitely upset some of the geeky guy's fans.

I was worried it was going to be
Mike
when the names were being pulled out

God, yes. I think that person thought it would be them too.
They kept telling us that "everybody likes (them)", but I found them snide and quite nasty.

Actually I don't mind Mike, that's what I meant to say in my last comment but I didn't type it out right. He did get some things that might sound snarky in the edit towards the end, though the remark on Allison was more just a desperate retort when his name was brought up at tribal. Nick in that sense had the better and I suppose winner's edit, though I didn't like him bringing up his mother's death from drugs. I don't like outside factors being brought in at the final tribal in the plea to win.

The two recent changes on Survivor that I still haven't got used to are fire making at final 4 and the messy final tribal questions that are done now. It just seems strange that someone will definitely not get voted out and that someone is given the power to decide who automatically goes to the final alongside themselves when there are still 4 in the game. And the final tribal was more interesting when each person had a question or statement, it just feels like we are hearing more of the producer's questions now than those of the jury. The questions feel more forced to fit into particular concepts.

Actually I don't mind Mike, that's what I meant to say in my last comment but I didn't type it out right. He did get some things that might sound snarky in the edit towards the end, though the remark on Allison was more just a desperate retort when his name was brought up at tribal. Nick in that sense had the better and I suppose winner's edit, though I didn't like him bringing up his mother's death from drugs. I don't like outside factors being brought in at the final tribal in the plea to win.

The two recent changes on Survivor that I still haven't got used to are fire making at final 4 and the messy final tribal questions that are done now. It just seems strange that someone will definitely not get voted out and that someone is given the power to decide who automatically goes to the final alongside themselves when there are still 4 in the game. And the final tribal was more interesting when each person had a question or statement, it just feels like we are hearing more of the producer's questions now than those of the jury. The questions feel more forced to fit into particular concepts.

I agree completely. I like Mike, but I have more empathy with Nick

I didn't like Nick's sob story either. In real life I empathise, but it has nothing to do with the game, and wouldn't have swayed my vote if I wasn't going to vote for him already.

I preferred the old final 4/3 set up too, and especially when everyone got to dish out their opinions rather than some asking a question and others saying nothing.

Mike is probably not as acidic in real life (and some of it may be borne out of insecurity at being older and less attractive - which he did address), but I didn't warm to him or Kara in the game at all.

But there's also a massive warning—a $5 million one—if you violate the confidentiality agreement aka spoil the damn thing or even reveal you are a contestant before CBS announces it.

And in season 37, Alec faced a possible lawsuit when he posted a photo of him with fellow competitor Kara on Instagram before the season premiered. his caption? "F--k it." While they didn't ultimately use the NDA clause to slap him with a $5 million penalty, they did disinvite him from the live finale taping.

"It's been the main bone of contention for my entire Survivor experience. The thing is, with social media, I feel things can be misconstrued, but I have nothing but the utmost respect for CBS, for Survivor, for Jeff. I went out there and I had the experience of a lifetime," Alec told EWof the controversy. "That picture, it was unfortunate. I take 100 percent ownership of it. It sucks. But I think things can be misconstrued and that's all I really have to comment about that."

what was up with that reunion? Jeff spent all his time speaking to Christian and mentioned a couple others and then went on to speak about the
weight they lost...the final three were totally forgotten

what was up with that reunion? Jeff spent all his time speaking to Christian and mentioned a couple others and then went on to speak about the

I'm tired of the bias towards Jeff's favourite players (like Cochran).

Sounds like the US reunions are getting worse and worse.

Back