Skip to main content

Survivor US-David vs Goliath

The weird thing with Natalie is they all hate her and yet they do what she tells them to anyway.

Definitely another good episode, you could say a questionable move, and Probst going on about making big moves was a bit strange this early. But the US version is about playing hard even early on now, maybe that was Russell's job in the AU one to just spice up the early episodes.

The immunity challenge probably wasn't as close as they made out, I noticed that with one tribe they only had a close up of the puzzle board towards the end, so that may have been added in later to make it look neck and neck.

I actually paid attention to the most recent episode and it turned out to be a good one with an interesting tribal. Looking forward to the next episode to watch the fall-out and the reasoning behind the move, amongst other things.

Also happy for Gabby that she led her tribe to an immunity+reward win. I can relate to not feeling socially confident at times and that must've been a nice boost for her.

I haven't liked the recent eliminations would have preferred Lyrsa going and the cowgirl the other week, just because they don't really seem players to me. This tribal was obviously with Mike as the swing vote though that was never really stated. The goliaths are definitely going a good job of evening things up.

The hidden idol at the challenge was behind the group and within a safe distance making it easier to grab. I always feel people shouldn't have an advantage of knowing what to look for at another camp once they already have another idol, at least it wasn't just at exactly the same place (like at a well).

"Can I give you a hug? Now can I have your jacket?"
Natalie didn't give Angelina her jacket because she didn't know if she was part of voting her out. Except she did, because they saw 2 votes being cast for Lyrsa and 3 for Natalie, so if Angelina had flipped it would have been 4. I think she was just being spiteful because that's who she is. I'm sorry she's gone in terms of entertainment value though.

At this stage I'm liking Dan, Nick and Alec, maybe Davi.
Not liking cowgirl. "I learned to do that killing squirrels with a slingshot". Nice.

At tribal Angelina didn't seem to fully admit that she was behind the whole getting Lyrsa's jacket idea, at least from what we were shown. She was getting something of a villain edit there so maybe she will have some interesting moments to come.

I completely missed the cowgirl's remark about squirrels, maybe lack of concentration from me or the accent. I never really bought into this image that she's some nice loyal person within the game as she's portrayed. It feels like I'm meant to root for her and Lyrsa yet I don't really find their characters interesting enough.

So the asking for someone's coat if they leave actually happened earlier in the season with Jeremy asking Natalie, but it wasn't put in the episode.

More coat drama, and the biggest regret about being voted out is having to sit next to Natalie at the reunion and go to Ponderosa with her, lol.

The tribes are tedious, I'm looking forward to the individual game after the merge,
My favourite is Nick. The one thing Angelina was right about is he has lovely eyes.

More coat drama, and the biggest regret about being voted out is having to sit next to Natalie at the reunion and go to Ponderosa with her, lol.

The tribes are tedious, I'm looking forward to the individual game after the merge,
My favourite is Nick. The one thing Angelina was right about is he has lovely eyes.
it's just the jury that goes to Pondorosa,the rest go home I think

it's just the jury that goes to Pondorosa,the rest go home I think

Yes I thought so too, but the one who was voted out seemed to think she was going there (or maybe I missed the joke because of her accent - they are using a lot of subtitles this season).

Yes I thought so too, but the one who was voted out seemed to think she was going there (or maybe I missed the joke because of her accent - they are using a lot of subtitles this season).
I missed that,was too busy laughing at her not wanting to sit next to Natalie at the reunion

I thought it was another good episode and this time I was happy enough about the result. Splitting them into 3 can have some advantages if they are all looked at, which they were in this episode, as you can focus on the dynamics a bit closer. And we got blindsided somewhat with which tribe went to tribal and who went home. The tribal immunity seemed a tough one as well, which is nice to see.

When they talk about someone being a danger as they are playing the game I also think of the flipside that someone who is playing the game could potentially help you get further in the game if they are on your side.

For all the criticisms of the American version not giving us enough of the relationships I think they do show some of that in the episodes. The Australian one has more time but they also end up being quite repetitive with some things (like the giggling alliance this year or King Grub, or Luke and AK last year). Maybe something midway would be ideal, or maybe it's just a matter of the editors making sure they look at everyone than just limiting it, whatever format length is used.

The only big suspense I thought was whether Elizabeth would win immunity or not. And a good tough immunity challenge, though one that might make someone dizzy watching that rope go back and forth.

The tribal was mainly funny for the terrible gameplay, Gabby so messy lol and Elizabeth not far behind going on about Goliath's getting their heads chopped off. Elizabeth was in a desperate position and she knew it.

Elizabeth was hopeless. I wonder if the tribes will remain relatively unified as they continue to remove disruptive elements, or if it will go back to the old divisions. I'm not sure I like this new generation of tribal gameplay where people are free to cross the floor to whisper to each other. It changes the outcome and lets others know if they are not included.

is Gabby going to cry her way to the end? "Oh woe is me,I'm on the bottom..it's so scary..sob,sob,sob"

Elizabeth is the first juror at Ponderosa

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have been watching the US version since the beginning, however I generally prefer the Australian version with more episodes and a larger cast. However I am loving this US season. Angelina is a great villian and most of the contestants this season are more real relatable people this year, and with the exception of John the TNA wrestler not models or celebrity wannabes. I crack up everytime Gabby starts crying again. Talk about using tears as a weapon!

Queen Sandra not afraid to sell her time.
45883898_10156735743288688_3778717763233644544_o.jpg

Back