Skip to main content

Survivor US-David vs Goliath

I tried to watch the second ep, but wasn't really paying attention to it, and as TC wrapped up I realised not only did I miss who got voted out, I really didn't care. So for me it means my Survivor US days are over after having watched 36 seasons.

LOL

I just went back to watch the vote, since I fell asleep watching 2nd ep
Aus Survivor RULES.....and this is...well I stopped watching USA version couple of years ago, it hasn't improved

Oz is better in every way, and visually especially.....our guys know how to shoot scenery, huge crashing waves etc

The last Survivor U.S. (Ghost Island) was a bit of a snoozefest. But there were some decent ones from the past. I think I was saying in the other thread that I liked David from Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X from a couple years back. I thought he was sweet and likable but also savvy and cunning, not the traits you usually see together in one person in Survivor. I don't know about other Australian Survivors as this is the only season I've watched so far, but in this season I haven't seen anyone I'd describe as a great player, though there are likable ones and there has definitely been some good moves, but there has not been one player that appears to be consistently playing superbly.

I have to admit I was also only half paying attention in this episode 2 of the U.S. Survivor, but I think part of it was because I was still caught up in the aftermath of the Bachelor lol.

The last US one wasn't that good and that will cloud opinions right now, but I enjoyed HvHvH in the end.

The casting in the Australian one tends to be somewhat overrated for me, a potential advantage is that it is a longer format. Though that in itself wasn't original, the Israeli version has also done that. I saw the first season called Survivor 10: The Caribbean (2007-8) and you can see influences on the American one and two challenges the Australian one took. I think it was a classic though the very end annoyed me in a couple of ways. The shorter format can still work as the South African version showed this year.

Ultimately I think casting is the major factor in reality shows.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lyf
I missed the first half, Gogglebox, just caught David's winning immunity YEAH....

I thought that woman with purple hair got voted out last week????

What have I missed???

I thought that woman with purple hair got voted out last week????

What have I missed???

No it was blondie who got voted out last week.

I've been half-browsing the net and half-watching but as far as I know you haven't missed much...

Reactions: kxk
Ta
So they all hate that scary woman and this guy arguing with her.....
Jeremy - wonder what he did wrong????

Ta
So they all hate that scary woman and this guy arguing with her.....
Jeremy - wonder what he did wrong????

Hopefully I've got it right as I said I wasn't paying full attention, but remember how one of the other guys in this tribe (can't remember his name) found an idol last time... and I think Jeremy snooped and knew he had an idol and was telling other people earlier this episode, but instead of believing Jeremy I think it has made the others skeptical about him.

Reactions: kxk
Some of the clothing they chose to wear is pretty impractical!. One of them is in disgusting grey knickerbockers in the soaking rain, and the cowgirl is down to jocks and a checked shirt already.

So everyone is going on about how awesome Jeremy is and how crazy and horrible Natalie is.
I'm team Natalie on this, her side of the argument was much more reasonable. Jeremy told her she needed to scramble, and then wanted to sit in on those conversations!

Easily the best episode so far, my hopes have reignited for this season. Jeremy was decent car crash tv so a bit sad to lose him, you had to wonder if it was his time when he got his crying confessional earlier on in the ep.

It's a snoozefest for me so far, the only people I'm vaguely interested in are the nerdy guy(forgotten his name) and Mike(the screenwriter).
Our Aussie series is so much better than the U.S one

Although people often say the Australian version shows more character in the people presented, there's often many in the cast who we really don't know that much, obviously some of the earlier eliminations but sometimes even people who get much further. That can sometimes be just because some people don't have standout personalities.

Back