Skip to main content

Survivor: Titans vs Rebels - Episode 10

Pre-tribal is always too long but was actually setting it up nicely. Tribal was going OK but this twist just ruined it and was absolutely unnecessary - not even the excuse they need a non-elimination episode. Seems their desperation to constantly save George extends to wannabee George as well.

Denied us one of the most interesting votes of the series and sacrificed one of the potential biggest strategists in order to do it - all to save two people who actually add very little strategically and very little entertainment, and both will be gone soon anyway.

The whole thing stunk.
Wow we have completely opposite views on this episode Brekkie. Me and my partner were fist pumping at all those moments reflected here, and I was literally at the edge of my seat for that last 15 minutes.

These twists are always controversial especially in Aussie Survivor but my feeling was that , whether it was preplanned by production or not, it hit at just the right time to give some of the bottom dogs a second go or suffer a pagonging which is not so great tv when the “pagongers” have all morphed into some not so pleasant characters when they’re on the right side of the vote and secure for at least 3 tribals. They are unpleasant top dogs.

We are nearing merge, so there is a possibility that Aileen & Feris could still make it through, + Feris has an idol. The one thing that Feris & Aileen (if Ray works with them, and he should!) should look for is an informant on that group of 5. Kelli could provide that with her alliance with Ray… But does anyone see that happening… You’re dreaming D Space!

Raymond is unfortunately not very strategic.

I can't believe how dumb there were telling Aileen she was on the chopping block.

You always have to think a twist could happen.

I believe the twist was planned from the start, it's to shake things up.

what’s happened to @bleachy_dude is he a Swifty lol.. Miss your perspective
Haha sorry. I have had some life stuff pop up which made TV take a back seat. I am not a Swiftie but I am a P!nk Fan. I went to her concert last Tuesday night. I did catch up on that episode but didn’t write any thoughts down. To be honest other than Garrick going I can’t really remember that much more of that episode. Heads a bit fuzzy due to other stuff.
With all that’s been going on I’m a bit run down so took today off work. I’ll catch up on last nights episode now and write some thoughts as I watch :)

I expected it to be followed by a VT of Aileen revealing she's some super powerful businesswomanwith a massive loving family.
She's a financial analyst. I am guessing she may have told them she only does waitressing. Maybe she does both. Raymond concluded that TH by saying, who knows, maybe she's secretly a billionaire.

Charles turned out to be a piece of work! Just needed that power position for him to step out his shell and reveal it to us.

Valyria also got a bit nasty in her power position too…

…Valyria is from Russia… I know another Russian who got nasty in his power position too… his name is ‘Putin’… I guess that there’s no more to be said… moving on… cheers.

God, this episode was a chore from the very beginning but then turned into an absolute crock of shit. Possibly the worst episode ever and making me question whether to continue with it.

The opening scenes were really slow and uneventful - just dull TV. The challenge was quite good (the strongest element of this series) and Jaden smashed it.

Pre-tribal is always too long but was actually setting it up nicely. Tribal was going OK but this twist just ruined it and was absolutely unnecessary - not even the excuse they need a non-elimination episode. Seems their desperation to constantly save George extends to wannabee George as well.

Denied us one of the most interesting votes of the series and sacrificed one of the potential biggest strategists in order to do it - all to save two people who actually add very little strategically and very little entertainment, and both will be gone soon anyway.

The whole thing stunk.
agree with all

I just rewatched that Tribal. It was so funny, seeing the Titans (who prior to this I liked a lot) getting all haughty and lecturing Feras on his untrustworthiness, given they have thrown their trust behind someone who we saw over on Rebels is untrustworthy! Then once the little challenge changed everyone's positions how their shit-eating grins faded, and how keen to be friendly V and Charles were suddenly. And then Winna's face going from confident he'd got the target onto him to absolutely stunned and appalled when they split their vote. It was really quite, how dare they! Feras and Aileen holding their cool, and then Feras grinning like a Cheshire cat. Really very enjoyable.

Mark had potential but has tried to play too many sides.

Kirby is looking good, but probably too early to be sitting on top. Makes her an attractive “get” to blindside and have on your survivor resume.

Hindsight is 20/20, and Feras is saying he didn’t really have time to play the idol for Garrick. But I wonder if his ego would allow him to play it got anyone other than himself even to the detriment of the bigger game.

Aileen surprised that it’s an immunity challenge. This is the first year that I have noticed that they are surprised when it’s not a reward challenge first.

“Grab your balls, grab your poles 😜

Jaden so far has been a bit of a disappointing player, with a seeming lack of strategy, however is laugh sure is infectious.

Alex going faster than Mark the second time is a bit of a jerk move. He doesn’t really seem like a team player. I’m sure he is frustrated at Marks first effort, but dragging him along doesn’t help.

I was going to say that Mark is in trouble as he contributed to losing the challenge…. But the way they came back was super impressive. Very lucky for Mark I’d say. Good team Strat organising the pole holders and Jaden super accurate with his throws. 👏🏽

Hahaha Valeria saying that is Jadens ONLY skills, throwing and kicking and punching things 😂

I’m not exactly sure how Valeria and Charles’ pitch actually works for Aileen (in trying to verify Feras’ idol). Surely it’s in her interest to verify it whether she actually can or not to try and take the target off her? (Even though they say they are going to split on her anyway) I guess she doesn’t really have many/any other options.

Seems like a straight forward TC but I’m now just remembering that I saw a promo saying it was the biggest TC of the season.

lol @ Winna saying he forgot he had an idol. I also forgot.

Kelli persuading Raymond to choose who to vote between Aileen and Feras, has she actually started to become a more strategic player?

And Aileen puts her hair down, even though she hasn’t seen it. Of course she did!

Woah Aileen. Truth is they always had Aileen #2 but now it’s really cemented.

Kirby absolutely loving the TC exploding

Oh no! A twist!! Earn their vote! Wowsers. This turns a pretty predictable TC onto a very unpredictable one! Gosh they have been good this year. I know many people don’t like the twists. But this twist is kinda great television for this very tribal as it was going to be a bit of a foregone conclusion. (Feras going if he didn’t play an idol, otherwise, Aileen).

WOAH come one Aileen!! Haha very lucky. Now Feras. Crazy turn of events. Feras and Aileen go from being at the very bottom and either likely to have gone home, to now holding all the power. Some may hate this twist. Personally, I’m on the edge of my seat!

OHHHH Winna’s idol… I forgot again! He needs to play this very carefully. And I don’t think he is playing very well at all. I mean I don’t know what I would have done if I was in his place, but this feels super messy.

If Winna plays this correctly, poor Raymond probably goes :-(

The fact that they just showed us that Kirby voted Raymond, I’m guessing that means he probably isn’t going home. Which means Winna is not going to play this idol correctly.

Kelli has been so quiet this time.

Feras smiling. So that probably means they didn’t vote Winna.

If Feras didn’t vote for someone other than Winna then he wasn’t very aware of what was going on.

Ohhhh a 3 way tie. I didn’t even conceive that (I probably should have) That’s… kinda brilliant! They must be given more ‘off screen’ time to discuss and strategise.

Feras and Aileen pretty happy with themselves.

Good ep.

Winna saying his head hurts. At least he did play his idol to save himself.

Wow we have completely opposite views on this episode Brekkie. Me and my partner were fist pumping at all those moments reflected here, and I was literally at the edge of my seat for that last 15 minutes.

These twists are always controversial especially in Aussie Survivor but my feeling was that , whether it was preplanned by production or not, it hit at just the right time to give some of the bottom dogs a second go or suffer a pagonging which is not so great tv when the “pagongers” have all morphed into some not so pleasant characters when they’re on the right side of the vote and secure for at least 3 tribals. They are unpleasant top dogs.

We are nearing merge, so there is a possibility that Aileen & Feris could still make it through, + Feris has an idol. The one thing that Feris & Aileen (if Ray works with them, and he should!) should look for is an informant on that group of 5. Kelli could provide that with her alliance with Ray… But does anyone see that happening… You’re dreaming D Space!

Raymond is unfortunately not very strategic.
I agree. It turned a predictable vote to an unpredictable fun episode that also had me on the edge of my seat.

Twists are part of the game and I agree this was the perfect time for this twist.

I don't think it was going to be an interesting vote. Either Feras played his idol, and Aileen went home; and he didn't (unlikely) and he went home.
There were 3 votes on Feras, 3 on Aileen, and 3 on Charles, pre-tribal. Then on the revote, given Feras's idol, they would plonk them all on Aileen. Rivetting stuff! I'm sorry to see Charles go so soon, but he was unnecessarily obnoxious this tribal, judged Feras on hearsay from Kirby, and shot himself in the foot (as did Winna and V) by being so adamantly closed to even pretending to be open to working with Feras and co at any point. A tiny bit of flexibility and ambiguity, instead of insulting the struggling minority of the tribe, might have worked better. I would also say Feras and Aileen worked better strategically this tribal with what they had and were more astute than the others who were so busy lording it over them and then thinking they had them fooled they didn't count on them splitting the vote after they won that mini-challenge.

I don’t think Feras has the ability to strategise himself out of a paper bag. Maybe he’ll do something surprising, but I can’t see that happening. I’d like Kirby for being a very canny game player, except for her hypocrisy about truth and integrity. The very first thing she did was try and play both sides, which created the rift with Feras. We didn’t see much of Charles, but when he first got a whiff of the fact that he might have the upper hand, he was incredibly supercilious, and like Kirby, had such double standards, calling Aileen a snake just because she’s trying to strategise. Ridiculous.

So far this season isn’t really grabbing me, but seeing the wannabe alphas get picked off in the first few eps was priceless. Loved seeing the smug, superior smiles being wiped off their faces.

Back