Skip to main content

Survivor Season 33

...I wonder why the Aussie's aren't allowed to do that?... the people that have left by now may be totally different if they were allowed to perhaps?... cheers.
Of course they are, we just aren't privvy to the discussion. There are things we don't see and for safety reasons and comprehension reasons, they are walked through the process of each challenge. Well, at least that's what the US seasons do from what I've read and I presume Australia does likewise. It would be negligent for them not to have some training before we see them perform. Correct me if I'm wrong someone.

Last edited:
...jeez... it doesn't take long for the backstabbing and game-play to kick in on the American version does it?... is it always this fast?... in the Aussie one it didn't start until at least 3-4 days in did it?... cheers.

...at least Jeff's questions don't sound like they are trying to send the voting in any particular direction as much as The Pags do... his questions are just that... questions of what has happened and not who should go as much (to me anyway)... cheers.

...well for a first timer of the American Survivor I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with it... but I am enjoying the Aussie version a bit more... most likely because of the homier atmosphere of our version I guess... if both shows were on at the same time I would definitely watch ours first... but yeah!... I liked it... cheers.

God I hate channel nine! Looks like there's no Survivor n SA at all. After the Sam Newman footy show finished at 11:50, another one started, the Fatty Vautin rugby one, which goes for hours. No Survivor scheduled after that, it's all sport until 4am.

Reactions: kxk
...well for a first timer of the American Survivor I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with it... but I am enjoying the Aussie version a bit more... most likely because of the homier atmosphere of our version I guess... if both shows were on at the same time I would definitely watch ours first... but yeah!... I liked it... cheers.
you Aussies are just nicer LOL...masterchef-nicer....big brother-nicer...survivor-nicer

you Aussies are just nicer LOL...masterchef-nicer....big brother-nicer...survivor-nicer

...aw shucks!... :shy::redface:... you are so sweet to say that Lindsay1973... now I've gone all shy and everything lol!... (not really... I'm a lousy actor;):biggrin:)... cheers.

The start has been ok in this one, but I wouldn't put it among the best so far. The turnaround in ep2 felt a bit forced, Michaela hates the couple and yet she isn't the one targeted, it's Mari instead because apparently she's too smart, and everyone goes along with Michelle's target for some reason. And the woman (Hannah I think) who couldn't decide how to vote looked a bit ridiculous. Still no idea how she was persuaded, just weak I guess.

The other tribe is more interesting at this point for me, David having the underdog who found the idol role. Hopefully it's played to good effect.

The editing it tighter, and the closeups are good - but I like our Survivor better!

What a bunch of awfuls, there are so few likable personalities. Our cast are nicer, and more varied!

So funny seeing those dills come up out of the water and trying to fling together a shelter as night fell! Love Zeke; Hannah and Michaela are okay.

On the older tribe I liked Ken, and ...Ken! Hello, baby! Also Chris, the ginger beardy attorney. Maybe Paul, Jessica also. There are some seriously out-of-shape men on that tribe.

It was a pretty dull tribal council. I was just left thinking, messy and shambolic, and a bit producer interfered with, I much prefer our show - it's so beautiful with the extended sweeping aerial footage and the people seem more like human people. That all just felt a bit jaded and predictable, nicely edited as it was.

PS: oh my god, wading through the Footy show for 40 fucking minutes or more for it to start. What arseholes Nine are. (Glad to hear it's on a lot earlier next week, and with the double ep we're caught up. But even so. It was better on Go!)

I don't like some on Australian reality shows though. Ben who won Big Brother for instance, or Sam in Survivor now. Generally though more Americans can come across as having big egos, and if they are just shallow stupid people along with it then it can get annoying. It can be rescued though by having big characters who have charisma going at each other, there can be plenty of drama.

I think the Australian one has been shot exactly the same way, no difference at all. You'll get the same type of nature shots.

Of course with the American one now past 30 seasons most of the contestants are very clued up on the whole game as well. That could mean some good moves are made, as long as the twists still keep them on their toes.

The Australian version has more episodes so I think that is a major difference, I just wish they spread it out more. 3 nights in a row puts a big demand on viewers and could have lost some audience.

With more shows as well maybe it could be harder to keep the quality of the challenges up. Some of the early ones in the Australian version weren't as challenging as seen at the start of this one.

I do prefer Probst as host, you can see how involved he is at the challenges, and how much he is part of the production decisions. Though I haven't always liked his influence, like getting rid of the 'tribute to Fallen Comrades' when we got a final word on all the eliminated contestants (from themselves even).

getting rid of the 'tribute to Fallen Comrades' when we got a final word on all the eliminated contestants
I always found that tedious, not as bad as letters from home but still an annoying waste of time - and at a crucial point in the show. I would FF it (or, before I had such abilities, scream GET ON WITH IT! at the TV).

So I finally caught episode 1. It's pretty hard to get a grip on who anybody is, but I'm already not liking most of the Millenials. They've already fallen into the old pattern of forming a cool kids clique, and think they are untouchable.
I think our version got off to a much better start, but it should improve as it goes. I don't mind the clue-finding girl with the puffy eyes. And the Gen X model in the blue jocks.

Back