Skip to main content

Survivor: Heroes v Villains - Opinion on pre and post-merge

How was the pre merge of this season in your opinion?

• Amazing

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Great

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Good

• Okay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Horrible

• Total voters
Let’s hope if Liz makes it to top two, that it’s with someone like Matt, then she has a chance.
I think Matt would win as he has the better relationships and Liz would be seen as riding Shonee and George's coat tails - probably mainly by George who would want to take credit for her being there.

Matt is arguably the only person to have made a strategic decision to join that post merge alliance - Simon and Hayley didn't really have a choice to make. Somehow Matt found himself the swing vote and had he gone the other way back to the Heroes I suspect at least one of Hayley and Simon would have stuck with them too, giving them the numbers.
Side Question.

If George was part of the first tribal council and not sat out medically, does he go home?
I'd forgot about that. Maybe that is why he gets so many confessionals so make up can reapply his scar. :D

I think Matt would win as he has the better relationships and Liz would be seen as riding Shonee and George's coat tails - probably mainly by George who would want to take credit for her being there.

Matt is arguably the only person to have made a strategic decision to join that post merge alliance - Simon and Hayley didn't really have a choice to make. Somehow Matt found himself the swing vote and had he gone the other way back to the Heroes I suspect at least one of Hayley and Simon would have stuck with them too, giving them the numbers.
Matt made one significant decision to join the OG Villain alliance, heavily influenced by Gerry, where as Liz has been a part of that alliance since the beginning, privy to, and contributing to, strat chat - a significant member of the alliance that has cast the biggest influence over the game. Why would you see Liz as riding anyone’s coat tails but not Matt? As for George, he has consistently demonstrated that he values loyalty, so I doubt he would throw Liz under the bus if he was sitting on the jury. He would completely support her over Matt IMO.

George values loyalty when it benefits him and only when it benefits him and such "politicians" are rarely gracious in defeat. We've already seen him willing to side with Matt over Liz and Shonee.

Check out this bid for a “Villains” buff.. This is jaw dropping..

George values loyalty when it benefits him and only when it benefits him and such "politicians" are rarely gracious in defeat. We've already seen him willing to side with Matt over Liz and Shonee.
George has already been defeated and you could definitely say he was gracious about it, since he’s good friends with the person who beat him and has been helping her in the game so far.

My current collection of Australian survivor buffs. Hoping to find the BvW and 2016 online somewhere.

Attachments

• 905AF11B-6152-4A5B-BCC2-AF5CBCC9B812.jpeg
    905AF11B-6152-4A5B-BCC2-AF5CBCC9B812.jpeg
    174.7 KB · Views: 13
Were you that superfan that spent $1.6k on that villains buff? :p

If I may ask where did you get these?

I’m just gonna say, I’m thankful that lockdown allowed me to save a lot of money during 2020-2022.

I got the villains buff from the very same link you sent, I had no idea there was a competition where they were being given away. Once I saw it I had to have it. I have been looking high and low for a US Villains buff to no avail. I was not going to let this slip away from me.

I got the all stars buff on eBay at the time of the season. I think I paid $700 for it. They’re on eBay occasionally. I’ve seen the all stars one pop up a few times actually. But the 2016 and BvW ones are no where.

Apparently the heroes buff as well as the HvV merge buff were also given away from the competition. I’ll probably buy them once I find them.

Guess it's the crew that sell them after they drop their buffs then. Baffles me anyone would spend hundreds of dollars on a bit of cloth.

Guess it's the crew that sell them after they drop their buffs then. Baffles me anyone would spend hundreds of dollars on a bit of cloth.
I felt less bad after I had also won $1,000 not long ago. But yes, the price seems crazy but they are collectors items. I didn't want to have to spend that much on it, but I was super determined. I don't think I'll ever sell it either.

I felt less bad after I had also won $1,000 not long ago. But yes, the price seems crazy but they are collectors items. I didn't want to have to spend that much on it, but I was super determined. I don't think I'll ever sell it either.
I get it. It does seem like a lot of money, but some people spend that much on going out, or fashion, or a weekend holiday,
Do what makes you happy, and at least it's something you'll have for a long time.

They are big time collectors items. There is a huge buff scene out there, some people who have buffs from nearly all seasons etc..

Probably smell better then. :D
They really do smell nice!! I have two from US seasons. Much easier to get as they actually sell them (limited) to the public. It’s crazy that they don’t make these available for Aus survivor watchers as they would certainly make something from it.

I guess we may as well use this thread for general discussion of the series so far?

Just finished rewatching this week's episode and have updated my charts.
I think I can safely say George is not winning. I have ruled him out of contention completely after the previous episode. He tried to play off Nina against Matt and Gerry. Telling Nina to vote for Gerry and telling the boys to vote for Nina, lying to Nina and telling her that the boys are voting for Simon. All in the mix neglecting to tell either Nina or Gerry that they are going to be collateral damage incase Simon has an idol.

IMO telling Nina to vote for Gerry was a sub-optimal move as he had two votes on Nina and three votes on Simon regardless. It didn't matter if Nina still voted for Simon as he held majority with risk of an idol regardless. As we can see in the promo for the next episode Nina and Gerry are going to compare notes and realise that George was pitting them against each other. It was bound to happen eventually. Again highlighting poor jury management as he views players as nothing more than pawns. Any relationship he seems to build with them is disingenuous. I for one, who is very high on the social game of survivor, believe that in order to play the bets social game possible your bonds need to be genuine first before they can be used strategically.

Nina is not winning also, nor is Simon. Matt's spike in visibility from the previous ep seems to be setting him up for a final tribal council. He isn't going home I don't think, no one is targeting him. I think we're getting set up a narrative where he makes it to the end but will not win due the jury feeling like he has made minimal game moves. I still think all signs point to a Liz win. George is way too negatively edited and he keeps saying he is in control which I predict is setting him up for a very sharp fall.

I think Simon's time is running out if he can't win immunity. If Liz remains reluctant to flip on George then it will be hard for the others to orechtrate a move against him. I will say George managed his relationship with Liz well by informing her of his true intentions of telling Nina and Gerry to vote for each other. By also keeping her in mind when he changed the vote to Nina it will continue to keep her feeing secure with him. Which will ultimately lead to him being cut by her I have no doubt about it all.

I would rather idols not be allowed to be played this late in the game as they are just making the votes more convoluted than they need to be. The main reason George was setting up this 2-2-1-1 vote was because he feared Simon may have had an idol. Of course on the other hand, the vote splitting made it very possible that Nina, Matt and Simon could have voted for George in a 3-2-1 vote. But as it suggests Matt did not feel confident in Nina voting with them (correct read as she voted for Gerry like George told her too) and it seems he told Simon to vote for Nina instead to have Nina voted out in a 3-2-1 vote. Everyone (except for Nina) just got lucky that George decided to stack all the votes onto Nina anyway.

As for the episode where Hayley goes, it was frustrating. One simple slip up of Hayley informing the other players that George had won $60,000 seemed to have ruined her game. If she did not tell them, then Nina had no way of proving that she did not switch her vote to Shaun and Hayley could have handily made sure Nina goes home, retaining her position with George. Although, I don't see why Hayley didn't try to rally Nina, Shaun and Simon together to vote out George at the Shaun boot. Hayley could have played a much more flip floppy game and diminished George's alliance earlier on to be able to do so. But she didn't. But I still think she gave it a good go, her one mistake just fucked it.

Losing Shonee, Shaun and Hayley in succession has left us with a very weak final 6 IMO, where the two biggest characters of the season eat up all of the airtime. A strong pre-merge and an average post-merge. It is very much a George pagonging everyone else, the split votes are just blown up by the editors to look like more than they are, to make the show appear more fun. When in reality, George is just splitting votes incase of idols.

1678972495980.png

1678972507624.png

Back