George - King or Cockroach?

• King

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Cockroach

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • George who?

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
What is wrong with Ben? What a dumb move! Maybe he had a vendetta against Sharni for a reason we aren’t privy to? Even if that’s the case, he’s an idiot for wasting an idol on a move that’s personally motivated rather than strategic.
Maybe he was jealous that she's actually been on Home & Away, when all he could get was extra on Survivor...

The heroes are so boring compared to the villains. This swap is coming at the right time. Had there been another episode of the heroes tribe just speak about mate ship and loyalty I would have puked. The villains are soooo much more fun to watch.

Hooray! Shonee got an idol! Ben could have used his idol to get out someone so much more threatening. He could have utilised Sharn, Gerry and even Hayley. I hope Shaun really does play more villainous and takes out Sam. Talk about borrringgg. Even tho Sam is hot.

Well Shonee slayed that episode - just an ice queen in the challenge. And the episode all the better for George barely having a couple of lines - but highlights one of the major issues with Australian Survivor in how we get a dramatic tribal and then pick up at some point the next day rather than when they get back to camp. By the time the camera crew arrive they'd likely talked most of it out. It's very clear though that it's not playing out the way George thought it would - the girls are not with him at all.

Nice the heroes had some airtime, even if it was mainly explaining what Simon's non-idol actually was. So harsh that this time he's actually going to go out thinking he's playing an idol having gone out not playing two last time around. Fun though, but really hope we see the back of George first.

Ben played the move in front of him - he knew there wasn't the numbers to get one of the big four gone. Only potenital I guess was to unite with Sharni and Gerry and pull in another girl to create a 4-4-3 vote with him saving himself and the four of them sending someone home, but pissing off three of the guys at the moment to get rid of the fourth probably not beneficial.

A shame they're going ahead with the tribe swap - having got to 16 (at 10 v 6) they could probably have held out for another couple of tribals and merged at 14. Only hope is George ends up on a tribe with seven people who'll actually get rid of him and no idols at their beach!

What is wrong with Ben? What a dumb move! Maybe he had a vendetta against Sharni for a reason we aren’t privy to? Even if that’s the case, he’s an idiot for wasting an idol on a move that’s personally motivated rather than strategic.

It was odd, at first I thought he was trying to save his idol but then he played it?.. he technically could have used his idol to get rid of one of the leaders which are gunning for him teaming with Sharni and Gerry.

One thing I hope with the tribe swap is that one of them ends up being dominated by newbies and they finally work out that they're being picked off one by one so go after the veterans. I think other than Jackie going home injured no returning players has gone home, and other than on Sunday even been in danger of going home.

One thing I hope with the tribe swap is that one of them ends up being dominated by newbies and they finally work out that they're being picked off one by one so go after the veterans. I think other than Jackie going home injured no returning players has gone home, and other than on Sunday even been in danger of going home.

Stevie has been close a couple times.

The most entertaining trio in the show is Shonnee / George and Liz so hopefully they go deep together.

Although the trouble is we've seen so little of the Heroes we don't know who has beef with who, although Sharni is clearly on the outs with Gerry and clearly wasn't happy with that decision so no surprise she may have rubbed some people up the wrong way.

It did somewhat make sense though for the Heroes to throw this challenge.

I like Shonee, but she 'found' an idol so unconvincingly you'd think it had been put there for George instead.
I thought her idol find seemed natural. She picked up an innocuous stick (which may or may not have been pointing at the idol location, I can’t confirm) and then spied the rock immediately. Sharp. Put it in pants and move along…

But in Ben’s case, he literally walked past that rock multiple times, with the cameraman making obvious signs while lingering around the water well and he *still* didn’t get it. I thought that the next day they literally pointed it out to Ben in frustration.

Yes, best bet when idol hunting is to follow the camera.

I think with Simon's find now we know what it means they cut have showed him finding it and talking about it then included some cutaway shots of the idol hidden in the camp. Actually a shame all this is is a regular idol - thought it might have been something more interesting.

So I think they started with two idols at each camp then, with one now used in each camp so both in theory back in the game to be found by George.

Regarding the block drop, really neither Sharni's or Paiges fault.
Yeah I’ve watched it multiple times this morning. It looks like Sharni’s feet were high on the box and Paige’s feet were low and they both went down a little bit which meant the angle was no longer suitable for Sharni. I’d also say it wasn’t any one in particulars fault, they just legitimately lost. I very highly doubt Sharni threw it

I'm not rewatching it, but Paige went from grimacing and groaning and moaning Oooh me legs, me muscles are cramping, and so on... to pushing too hard and too high to release the cramp and hence the box slipped out from between them. I just want her off my screen. Her "leisure" activities make me sick.

Well Shonee slayed that episode - just an ice queen in the challenge. And the episode all the better for George barely having a couple of lines - but highlights one of the major issues with Australian Survivor in how we get a dramatic tribal and then pick up at some point the next day rather than when they get back to camp. By the time the camera crew arrive they'd likely talked most of it out. It's very clear though that it's not playing out the way George thought it would - the girls are not with him at all.

Nice the heroes had some airtime, even if it was mainly explaining what Simon's non-idol actually was. So harsh that this time he's actually going to go out thinking he's playing an idol having gone out not playing two last time around. Fun though, but really hope we see the back of George first.

Ben played the move in front of him - he knew there wasn't the numbers to get one of the big four gone. Only potenital I guess was to unite with Sharni and Gerry and pull in another girl to create a 4-4-3 vote with him saving himself and the four of them sending someone home, but pissing off three of the guys at the moment to get rid of the fourth probably not beneficial.

A shame they're going ahead with the tribe swap - having got to 16 (at 10 v 6) they could probably have held out for another couple of tribals and merged at 14. Only hope is George ends up on a tribe with seven people who'll actually get rid of him and no idols at their beach!
I watched the extra tribal aftermath footage on 10 play so when the show resumed I didn't think I had missed too much. I think you have to listen very clearly & almost read between the lines to sort of know what may have happened at camp after tribal.
They did show a brief except of back at the camp post tribal with the extra on 10 play - but the following morning you hear Jordie stating that everyone in camp is on tenderhooks and are avoiding the elephant in the room (Georges tribal furore). So perhaps you could glean from that comment that not a great deal of talk was done once they got back??? Dunno, production could have done a bit better, like have a sit down confessional with one or more players and actually prompt them to say what happened post tribal if anything, so us viewers would then know if anything was said. I did find it quite deflating to watch last nights Survivor and there wasn't much at all about it. Perhaps it was what I have been suggesting insofar that George's apparent 'Best move in Survivor history' was actually nothing more than a failed attempt at a good move & thus it is relegated to its rightful position in Survivor history - just great Survivor TV viewing drama :biggrin: & nothing more...

Yeah, and regardless of who dropped first, it's extremely poor form to accuse the other of sabotage, or even criticising them at all.
I don't think I've seen that level of bad sportsmanship on Survivor before, never mind towards someone on your own team who you have no beef with..

I never really see bad sportsmanship or similar behaviour as a bad thing on Survivor. To me I see Survivor as almost anything goes (no violence etc) but bad sportsmanship to me comes under outplay/outwit. If someone sees a crack and wants to exploit it to eliminate another player, then go for it. If you want to watch a show where everyone is displaying fair, generous & honest behaviour towards each other then watch polo or golf.. I like it when Survivor contestants use cunning, deceitfulness & treachery to achieve their desired goal(s)...

Regarding the block drop, really neither Sharni's or Paiges fault.
Sharni was holding steadily where as Paige was sweating and trembling and whimpering. Sharni, like the nice person she clearly is, was just letting Paige know that she’s done well and there’s no shame in it if she needs to let go, not trying to convince her to drop it. At the end, Paige flexed her feet forward, forcing Sharni’s even further backward and down, so there’s no way the box would hold. As I said before, Sharni would never throw the challenge knowing she could be endangering Gerry. I think Paige genuinely couldn’t hold it anymore, but being a feral rat, lied to everyone and said Sharni dropped it on purpose. Technically, it was Paige’s fault.

As for Ben targeting Sharni, I think Ben was trying to win favour with the alphas in an attempt to move up the heirarchy a bit and strengthen his game. He knows Paige is the alphas’ pet feral rat, so took a shot at Sharni last minute because of the whole box drop situation. Perhaps JLP is partly responsible for making an issue of it at the beginning of Tribal. Otherwise, Ben might have targeted Gerry As the weakest. If Ben thinks the alphas are going to thank him for it, he’s mistaken. They’re just going to distrust him even more.

Back