Skip to main content

Survivor: Heroes v Villains - Episode 6

Which returnee/s are you getting behind this season?

• Flick

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • George

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Hayley

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Jordie

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Nina

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Sam

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Shaun

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Shonee

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Simon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stevie

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
I didn’t care for Paige from the get go - I just hate the salt-of-the-earth, Aussie battler trope, it’s just boring. Add to that her three-sizes-too-small bikini bottoms, and the fact that she refers to herself as charismatic…no.

But then to discover that she’s a murderous psychopath, I actually feel bad for Rogue. Yes, she came across as a nightmare, but maybe she’s someone who can get anxious in social situations and say wildly inappropriate things. And finding out about Paige certainly gives some subtext to Rogue’s comments. I bet the producers deliberately put a trophy hunter and an animal rights activist in the same team so they’d get fireworks. It mustn’t have panned out how they hoped, so they made Rogue look crazy in the edit instead. But she is correct, Paige has no business on the Heroes team.

And no, being a trophy hunter is not morally equivalent to eating meat. I’m a vegan, and can’t believe I’m just about to defend meat eaters (haha) but I was brought up eating meat and still have friends and family who do. I know they’re not evil, they’re just people brought up with the (still) socially acceptable tradition of eating certain animals under certain conditions. When they tuck into their sausages, they’re not chewing away, getting off on the thought of animals in terror and pain in the abattoir; there’s a degree of cognitive dissonance going on.

To the contrary, with trophy hunters, there’s no conflict. They can stare a beautiful, majestic wild animal in the eye, minding its own business in its own habitat, and without giving it a fighting chance, blast it to oblivion with a big gun. I can’t even wrap my head around what kind of mental defective could think this is acceptable behaviour. Paige sucks and I’m going to be totally gleeful when she gets voted off.

Apart from that appalling excuse for a human being, I’m enjoying this season so far. I like George, but he is so outrageously arrogant. Hayley and Shonee are also great players, but of course, I hope Shonee wins because Hayley’s had her turn. I really really wish David Genat was also playing this season. If anyone could outplay George, he could, but with the same fun, campy relish as George and Shonee.

Backing up to the poll I think based on the edit so far and how absent she has been that Nina may perhaps go deep in the game.

Someone should do a similar poll for the newbies on Sunday if anyone can figure out their names by then.

A lymeric for you guys (am i allowed to say “guys” here or is it not PC enough?) - AI powered FYI and line breaks screwed

There once was a man named George bold,
A politician, his story's been told,
He joined "Survivor", with a grin,
With allies, Sharni and Liz, they would win,
But Simon's desire was to see George's hold.

In the Villains tribe,
he was in charge,
Controlling his alliance,
it was not too large,
With Jordie, a secret he kept,
Fraser, short and sweet, he had wept,
Stevie, erratic, a wild card.

Sarah, voted out, in a unanimous show, But Gerry, a Hero, he did not yet know, George was suspicious, he feared the worst,
But decided to team up, for their tribe to be first,
And together, with ease, their challenges they'd throw.”

Yeh, nah.

Last edited:
A lymeric for you guys (am i allowed to say “guys” here or is it not PC enough?) - AI powered FYI and line breaks screwed

There once was a man named George bold,
A politician, his story's been told,
He joined "Survivor", with a grin,
With allies, Sharni and Liz, they would win,
But Simon's desire was to see George's hold.

In the Villains tribe,
he was in charge,
Controlling his alliance,
it was not too large,
With Jordie, a secret he kept,
Fraser, short and sweet, he had wept,
Stevie, erratic, a wild card.

Sarah, voted out, in a unanimous show, But Gerry, a Hero, he did not yet know, George was suspicious, he feared the worst,
But decided to team up, for their tribe to be first,
And together, with ease, their challenges they'd throw.”

Yeh, nah.
…I don’t know why D Space my friend… but I read your limerick with the theme tune of ‘Gilligan’s Island’ in the background of my head…… and it almost works!… lol!… well done!… cheers.

…I don’t know why D Space my friend… but I read your limerick with the theme tune of ‘Gilligan’s Island’ in the background of my head…… and it almost works!… lol!… well done!… cheers.
It’s awesome that it came out that way Sticky! AI has come a long way but I still think I could probably have done better if I put more time into it…

Speaking of putting time into things, has anyone listened to Shannon Guss’s latest Survivor RHAP podcast? Rob is the greatest survivor podcastsr there is out there (he played two US seasons himself) and he states so well in this podcast how flawed the Aus version is. Though he still loves it. He doesn’t have to watch his words and can freely express himself, so I was elated to hear him speak so openly about it, considering that some people in Production clearly listen to the RHAP podcasts. How do I know? Well they landed up giving Shannon a job doing the “talking tribal” survivor extras on channel 10 on demand, on ch 10’s website.

Catch Shannon chatting to Rob Cesternino here on Spotify or on your favorite podcast app

I don't find Australian Survivor to be particularly 'flawed'.
Sure, the episodes are too long, but other than that I never find it less than entertaining.
The host is great and the casting is pretty good.
Which is more than I can say for the last x number of seasons of the US version.

I don't find Australian Survivor to be particularly 'flawed'.
Sure, the episodes are too long, but other than that I never find it less than entertaining.
The host is great and the casting is pretty good.
Which is more than I can say for the last x number of seasons of the US version.
That is my word, not his. He basically described how, compared to the US season, where you get a background and insight of each and every player, to the Australian version where after 6 episodes roughly 1 hour 20 minutes each, and all this content is focused on roughly 4-6 players.

That, to me, is quite flawed. He puts it much better than me, though. Still listening to it on the car on the way to work, I just thought he was very accurate and it is sad to me, that they do it in this way and could learn a thing or two from him.

On the whole Aus Survivor is the better production IMO - I find the US one pretty unwatchable, but then I'm coming into it cold rather than taking it as the bench mark. No doubt though it is flawed in both the edit and the apparent favouritism in game, not helped by the non-elimination episodes.

I don't like the overly long episodes but 90 minutes with ads including both a reward and immunity challenge is fine, but post-immunity and tribal would actually benefit from a shorter edit. Indeed why anyone would want to watch the longer edits of tribal may available on Ten Play I don't know considering they're pretty lengthy as they are.

Last edited:
On the whole Aus Survivor is the better production IMO - I find the US one pretty unwatchable, but then I'm coming into it cold rather than taking it as the bench mark. No doubt though it is flawed in both the edit and the apparent favouritism in game, not helped b the non-elimination episodes.

I don't like the overly long episodes but 90 minutes with ads including both a reward and immunity challenge is fine, but post-immunity and tribal would actually benefit from a shorter edit. Indeed why anyone would want to watch the longer edits of tribal may available on Ten Play I don't know considering they're pretty lengthy as they are.
I agree. I find the Australian version way better than what the US has one has become over the last 2 years. Whilst the editing could be so much better, I still enjoy it for what it is. The non elimination episodes I am okay with, since they can help save your favourite in the game, in terms of the integrity of the game it does ruin it, but so do ideals to a point. So, I'm fine with it.

I personally love the 90 minute episodes and feel they end too quickly sometimes. Maybe it's just because I'm a night owl though lol.

I agree. I find the Australian version way better than what the US has one has become over the last 2 years. Whilst the editing could be so much better, I still enjoy it for what it is. The non elimination episodes I am okay with, since they can help save your favourite in the game, in terms of the integrity of the game it does ruin it, but so do ideals to a point. So, I'm fine with it.

I personally love the 90 minute episodes and feel they end too quickly sometimes. Maybe it's just because I'm a night owl though lol.
I agree. I know people think shorter episodes would rate better but I love the longer episodes of Aus Survivor

Yeah I have loved the general snappiness of the US season.

With a kid and my partner who often works night shifts I find it’s impossible to watch in real time, Big Brother was another level worse and I would land up with severe lack of sleep and tasks incomplete it was too much. Much better for us when watching survivor we can fast forward the ads as it becomes a reasonable length then and doesn’t coincide with a bed time routine.

So with that in mind I can’t say that the Australian show is that family friendly when it comes to scheduling and duration. If they put an extended online version , like some have said,?that would be great. In the first five or so seasons I thought the long episodes were awesome, and even then I wanted more content.

I still enjoy the US seasons but skipped the last one. They are casting more ordinary people which I find can be interesting but you also land up with uncharismatic cast lol. Too many complex additions to the game which I found hard to understand at first. It’s a different game to the first 40 seasons that’s for sure.

If you’re looking for the OG format with little producer interference then South African survivor is the best there is.

Last edited:
Back